UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Anyone else use Airedales???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lee Watkins
UKC Forum Member

Anyone else use Airedales???

Just curious, we have 3 airedales that we have been using predominately as pack dogs on bear, just wondering if anyone else is using airedales?
Does anyone know of someone who is a breeder of big game airedales? If so, name and contact would be appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2013 07:52 PM
Lee Watkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Watkins Click here to Send Lee Watkins a Private Message Click Here to Email Lee Watkins Find more posts by Lee Watkins Add Lee Watkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gregbearhunter
UKC Forum Member

I have 3 that are 1/2 Smokey River Bluetick 1/2 Airdale I use them on bear.They are nice on a bear that won't climb.
Most of my pack are pure Blueticks from Mr. Glynn Holmes in Georgia.

Greg Allen

Old Post 09-20-2013 10:07 PM
gregbearhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gregbearhunter Click here to Send gregbearhunter a Private Message Find more posts by gregbearhunter Add gregbearhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hog Dog Mike
UKC Forum Member

My hunting partner had one a few years ago. He was not a bad kinda dog. Hairy would have his good days and bad days. When he was on he was an excellent dog. One day we bayed a real big sow in a cane thicket. She came down a pig trail that I was on so I jumped to the side and shot her. She kept going and Hairy caught her and held her until I got there by himself.

He was also hard to cut as are all wire haired dogs. Hairy got out one day and jumped in my friends big hog pen. They ganged him and killed him.

Old Post 09-22-2013 05:45 PM
Hog Dog Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hog Dog Mike Click here to Send Hog Dog Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Hog Dog Mike Find more posts by Hog Dog Mike Add Hog Dog Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntin1
New UKC Forum Member

You can call Allen Hensley at (540)330-7090. He knows a guy that breeds and raises Airedale pups.

Old Post 09-22-2013 07:58 PM
huntin1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntin1 Click here to Send huntin1 a Private Message Find more posts by huntin1 Add huntin1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Watkins
UKC Forum Member

I appreciate all the info.

Old Post 09-23-2013 05:46 PM
Lee Watkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Watkins Click here to Send Lee Watkins a Private Message Click Here to Email Lee Watkins Find more posts by Lee Watkins Add Lee Watkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bones
UKC Forum Member

One of Tom Hooks best pack dogs was half airdale half black@tan and was a real scraper he'd make them climb

Old Post 09-24-2013 01:44 AM
bones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bones Click here to Send bones a Private Message Click Here to Email bones Find more posts by bones Add bones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markspend01
New UKC Forum Member

Hey guys me Mark.Well i sue it because i think Airedales is more arranged than that of other terrier types they are self-confident and should not be shy when conference new individuals.Thanks!!

Old Post 10-02-2013 03:59 PM
markspend01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markspend01 Click here to Send markspend01 a Private Message Click Here to Email markspend01 Find more posts by markspend01 Add markspend01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote