UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > E collar question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blueallmylife
UKC Forum Member

E collar question

I live in the blue Ridge Mountains. I now need to get an E-collar. Suggestions? I have had Trash breakers in the past. Are they still the best? The other question I have is living in the mountains do I need the 4 mile version or will the signal be just as good with the 1 mile version?

Thanks

Last edited by Blueallmylife on 11-16-2018 at 03:31 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-16-2018 03:13 PM
Blueallmylife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blueallmylife Click here to Send Blueallmylife a Private Message Click Here to Email Blueallmylife Find more posts by Blueallmylife Add Blueallmylife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The "best" is the Garmin Alpha with a TT15 collar. I think these are the most reliable and longest range e-collars that I have used. The Trashbreaker would be next from my own experience.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 11-16-2018 04:21 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

ecollar

what jim said. but if you want just E-collar get the Garmin 4 mile. you want be disiapointed in either .

Old Post 11-16-2018 04:40 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blueallmylife
UKC Forum Member

Re: ecollar

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
what jim said. but if you want just E-collar get the Garmin 4 mile. you want be disiapointed in either .

Thanks guys! I should have gone the Alpha route but did not. I thought the 4 mile would be the best especially in these mountains.

Old Post 11-16-2018 05:00 PM
Blueallmylife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blueallmylife Click here to Send Blueallmylife a Private Message Click Here to Email Blueallmylife Find more posts by Blueallmylife Add Blueallmylife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Trash Breaker

I bought the garmin trash breaker a few years ago, it worked good. In somewhat hilly areas it would reach at least 1.5 miles consistently.
Last year my old Astro tracking system collars finally started to fail
(DC30's). I upgraded to the Alpha with TT15. The aplha in this area has consistent 1.5 mile range (Track or Train).
Any and all radio signal devices like above or walkie talkies will advertise max range in ideal conditions (clear line of sight). Get the most you can get, because it will work 1/2 or 1/4 that distance in worse conditions.
More and more people are using the systems that work off of a cell phone. They may be the next great thing, I'd consider looking at those too. I drew out with a guy using one of them a few weeks ago. He loved it.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 11-16-2018 05:17 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote