UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coonhunter, MO
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Birdseye ?

I have a question, how much birdseye of your state do you Competition hunters copy, I copied the area that I hunt, but was thinking if I wanted to go to a hunt I would not have any birdseye for that area. what do you copy or what do I need to do. Thanks in Adv.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-01-2015 01:10 AM
coonhunter, MO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter, MO Click here to Send coonhunter, MO a Private Message Find more posts by coonhunter, MO Add coonhunter, MO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

The Bark Detector has to be turned on and set from two different places. After you turn in on go to dog alerts and set that up. If you have done both already I really don't know what it may be.

Old Post 09-01-2015 02:03 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AllBlue_1122
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Conkey what's your opinion with the Birdseye download?
Most of the reviews I've read.... Have been bad! Not to concerned about the slow download times... More interested in the glenwood springs, colorado area an how much you can actually download an store on your unit... Exp: could I download the whole state of wisconsin?

Old Post 09-03-2015 09:56 PM
AllBlue_1122 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AllBlue_1122 Click here to Send AllBlue_1122 a Private Message Click Here to Email AllBlue_1122 Find more posts by AllBlue_1122 Add AllBlue_1122 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
The Bark Detector has to be turned on and set from two different places. After you turn in on go to dog alerts and set that up. If you have done both already I really don't know what it may be.

Thanks Bruce, I have gotten both places and even turned off and back on again. Has anyone else had this problem?

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 09-05-2015 12:56 AM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey

Thanks Bruce, I have gotten both places and even turned off and back on again. Has anyone else had this problem?

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 09-05-2015 12:56 AM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

I have a T-5(blue) collar that has been messing up. When on, i can see dog status on MAP screen but no visual on compass screen? Ive tried all i know to fix. Any help please.

Old Post 09-05-2015 06:29 PM
Rich Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rich Allen Click here to Send Rich Allen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rich Allen Find more posts by Rich Allen Add Rich Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Rich go onto your compass page. Press the menu button. Make sure List Sync displays "List Sync On".

Old Post 09-05-2015 08:48 PM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

I tried that. I can get on small #'s but not big #'s now. lol idk. thanks for the info tho

Old Post 09-06-2015 02:24 AM
Rich Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rich Allen Click here to Send Rich Allen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rich Allen Find more posts by Rich Allen Add Rich Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Rich in your Dog List move whatever collar you want to show up on the big numbers to the top of the list. Maybe that'll help you. It's Bruce's thread, but just trying to help you.

Old Post 09-06-2015 02:58 AM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PlusPointsHound
UKC Forum Member

My dog status icons have switched to a triangle that points towards dogs direction. It used to just be a pic of a dog running or treeing . How do I correct this?

Old Post 09-07-2015 04:29 AM
PlusPointsHound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlusPointsHound Click here to Send PlusPointsHound a Private Message Click Here to Email PlusPointsHound Find more posts by PlusPointsHound Add PlusPointsHound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Turn your "Running Pointers" off.

Old Post 09-07-2015 06:00 AM
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

That's if it's on the compass page. I think if it's on the map page it's something different. I've accidentally done that, and accidentally corrected it back.

Old Post 09-07-2015 06:25 AM
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

i have moved the collar to the top of my dog list. i have 3 collars listed. i only show 2 on my compass pg big numbers. it used to show all 3 idk ive done something wrong. just cant figure it out

Old Post 09-07-2015 09:48 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Which handheld do you have?

Old Post 09-07-2015 10:19 PM
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Hey Bruce. Just wanted to say I wasn't trying tread on your thread, but trying to help a little on issues that I've had as well. Hope your travels were safe over the weekend.

Old Post 09-07-2015 10:25 PM
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

Alpha

Old Post 09-07-2015 10:28 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

This is not my thread. It is a public thread to help people out.

Old Post 09-07-2015 10:52 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Rich you have me confused as you one show one dog with big number selected. You can scroll right or left. check two things. The dog your looking for select it and see if you have stopped the tracking. if not turn the list sync on

Old Post 09-07-2015 10:55 PM
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

ive done both. just had it upadated and it started this. used to be able to see all 3 collars on compass page, by scrolling left to right. now only 2. it will track on map and show on little numbers but not big numbers.

Old Post 09-07-2015 11:28 PM
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

also my collar (T-5) blue collar is flashing the green light 3 times fast. idk if thats normal

Old Post 09-07-2015 11:33 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

turn your list sync on

Old Post 09-08-2015 12:26 AM
Rich Allen
UKC Forum Member

i did, still dont see it

Old Post 09-08-2015 04:18 AM
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

I had to delete mine and add it back in tonight. It was showing in the dog list but not on the compass page.

Old Post 09-08-2015 05:19 AM
coonhunter, MO
UKC Forum Member

birdseye

what do you see on screen if the area your hunting is not covered by birdseye, does it still show creeks, roads, sections . Does the screen look like it did before I added birdseye. I have 320.

Old Post 09-09-2015 12:46 AM
coonhunter, MO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter, MO Click here to Send coonhunter, MO a Private Message Find more posts by coonhunter, MO Add coonhunter, MO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

All depends on what it looked like. If you have a topo card for your area then the roads will be overplayed over the birdseye which is nice because birdseye doesn't show road names. If you didn't have a topo card and just the major highways then that will be all you have.

Old Post 09-09-2015 01:00 AM