UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Busy with the VA

Well I've been busy finding all the paperwork that the VA says they haven't been able to get from my old unit so I still haven't got to go out yet. Should be able to this weekend though as I am almost through copying everything now. There is also a hunt, show, water race, and field trial near me this weekend I plan to go to and see how that goes. I think me and a buddy are taking almost everything we have becuase we have different ones we thinkmight be better at different things. One we might even put in the hunt that my buddy has got going fairly well out of some different red stock. Until then I finally got some pictures scanned that had gotten all in some mold that have been outside until I could get them on a computer. Here's old Ginger with one in the middle of what now is a bypass. She was about 6 in this one.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-20-2017 at 04:10 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2010 05:47 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Dan, Ann, and Bo treed

Going from left to right. Here's one of my old Dan dog the one that went against the likes of World Hunt Overall Champion Timber Choppin Dan, GCh GrNtCh Sandy Creek Jake and 2x National GrNtCh of Breed GrNtCh Timber Knockin Tex. He was just my old pleasure hound, out of my Ginger dog and Timber Hoss (Rev. Reds dad), but he could sure tree some coon. Then old Ann, out of Ginger and Twister, she was an insane competitor as evidenced by her win record. Finally old Bo, my buddies dog, he was about as good of a dog at getting treed as anything I've seen only thing was he wouldn't hardly bark until treed.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-20-2017 at 04:13 AM

Old Post 04-14-2010 02:45 PM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Finally for the day :)

Old Sandy my pup trainer also from the Ginger/ Hoss cross. She was treeing her own coons from the time she was 9 months on pretty regular. About as nice as a dog as you could ask for. She just wouldn't hunt with trashy dogs. Hence the reason why she made an excellent pup trainer. If Sandy came back you didn't have to see it, you knew you could push the button on the old shock collar. As you can imgine though that kills you in the hunts becuase of all the trash bunners out there especially the ones that burn out on a deer and come treed on a coon. She's the one that jumped out of my buddys pen and got hit by a car. She's the one at the bottom. You can probably see why it was Bo Parker, Rev's owner, kept trying to buy old Ginger off of me.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 04-14-2010 at 02:58 PM

Old Post 04-14-2010 02:51 PM
Fortancient
UKC Forum Member

Grandson of Twister

Here is a Grandson of Twister and Great-Grandson Meltons Red Fireball on top...Great Grandson of Billy the Kid on the bottom. He will tree you a coon. Made Night Champion at 16 months old. Don't lie, semi-silent, great kill dog. Partial season of lazy hunting below.

and a better picture on the wood.

Old Post 04-15-2010 12:56 AM
Fortancient is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fortancient Click here to Send Fortancient a Private Message Click Here to Email Fortancient Find more posts by Fortancient Add Fortancient to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fortancient
UKC Forum Member

Ol Twister

As Mr. Brown said any dog from Buster II has those dogs in there heavy. My female has Twister in her ped 6 times in the 6 generation top and bottom.

Last edited by Fortancient on 04-15-2010 at 01:13 AM

Old Post 04-15-2010 01:04 AM
Fortancient is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fortancient Click here to Send Fortancient a Private Message Click Here to Email Fortancient Find more posts by Fortancient Add Fortancient to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fortancient
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ruby?

quote:
Originally posted by thecoondawg76
Your Ruby female is she the one that has Twister in her so many times?

Yep top and bottom. Fireball 6 times as well, top and bottom.

Old Post 04-15-2010 01:36 AM
redpower
UKC Forum Member

Steven great looking pair of pups hope they do you prode.

Old Post 04-15-2010 06:52 PM
redpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redpower Click here to Send redpower a Private Message Click Here to Email redpower Find more posts by redpower Add redpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Think they should most of my stuff always does might have a cull here or there but they are consistent reproducers. Should see ya this weekend never been to a water race or field trial but I'm sure going to try em out.

Old Post 04-15-2010 08:34 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Great lookin pups

Steve those are nice, If you are goin to Friendship holler at me, I may go 2. Im a member there.

Old Post 04-15-2010 09:35 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Water Race, Field Trial, Bench Show and Nite Hunt

Well I found out my Daisy female is not a water race dog. She was in the third round of dogs to go. By this time the coon had been drug back to the start line three times and coon scent was all on the bank. She jumped in cut to the left hit the bank and then ran around the edge so she could get over to where the extra coon for the race had been right next to a tree and was trying to get treed by herself. Field trial wasn't much different my Lilly female was in the third round and a 4-wheeler was being used to lay the drag after it came down a road. Well by the third round the dogs instead of going across the dry plowed field the dogs cut down the road my Lilly female was trying to get treed on a bush that by this point probably had more scent than anything else near her but after the coon wasn't there took off down the road with the rest of the dogs. So she was scratched to. Finally, had the bench show and we had some luck. My wife showed my Lilly female and I showed my bigggg male Dozer. Dozer won his second Best of Show and so now he has an undefeated record so far. I was planning on entering the hunt that night but Dan my male we have been hunting good to make him a finished dog got a thorn in his foot so that put him out. But I did have fun at the hunt that night. Preston Owens brought over his Sue female out of III. We had an excellent cast and alot of fun but it took us to long to get to her as she was swimming and she quit treeing. That cost the hunt for her. She already has a first just needs some points.

Old Post 04-19-2010 07:05 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

"PR"Atomic Fireball's D8 Dozer

Well here he is. I brought him out this weekend so now all the Red guys near me, along with Joe, know about him figured wouldn't be long before others knew to. He is not at stud and will not be until he is at least a NtCh. He will make GrCh pretty quick I believe though, hasn't lost a show so far. I haven't hunted him much either, like 17 times now, just in case Daisy didn't work out on having pups. I wanted to start hunting him like he should have been a long time ago but due to injuries from Iraq can't because of his size. He had shown me all the signs of having all the tools he just hasn't put it all together yet. This dog hates a coon and has killed several full on live ones by himself, normally in a few seconds.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-20-2017 at 04:20 AM

Old Post 04-20-2010 01:02 AM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

These dogs

Guys I have to say Steve Is one of the nicest guys you will meet and the dogs he has let me just say I can see it in thier eyes. Good luck Steve and stay in touch! We will hunt anytime you want.

Old Post 04-20-2010 01:21 AM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I did it, I dont want it on here but it should happen. keep your fingers crossed and maybe we will be lucky. take care call anytime.

Old Post 04-27-2010 12:02 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Sounds Great

Well took Lilly and Daisy out tonight. I just got in. Hit one ran it up a creek then ran it back toward us and watched the coon do loopty loops all around trying to throw the dogs off but Daisy got him lined out settled down and treed pretty well. Might even drag her to Redbone Days to just give it a try, in the hunt.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 10-31-2011 at 06:35 PM

Old Post 04-27-2010 07:37 AM
davecat

Joe Melton

Hi, If anyone talks to Joe Melton, could you please tell him Dave from Green Bay is trying to get ahold of him for a pup. Tell him I had the Ciscoe dog and he will know who it is. My phone# is 920-494-4678

Old Post 04-27-2010 05:03 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Shouldn't be a problem.

I'll let him know. Not sure what all he has but he should have something around or know of someone who does. Everything we have down here is all sold out. However, if there's something up Ind. way I could get it on the way up to Redbone Days in June and bring it to Wis. for you. There's not a whole lot of this blood out there anywhere near close to the Old Fireball though Joe, Jeff Murphy, Ed Brown, Eddie Terry, now the Heffnier's (sp?) in Tn., Herb Vaughn and some of the people associated with him, Bill Lash, a few others, and me are about the only ones I know of that have him very close in thier lines. Best of luck in your search though. If I can help in any other way just let me know. Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 10-31-2011 at 06:36 PM

Old Post 04-27-2010 05:38 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Well nice to me ya.

It's always good to find some more Fireball guys. Looks like you've been at this alot longer than I if you had a half brother to Fireball. That's been a while. I completely forgot to add in Harry and his Yellow River dogs, don't know how that happened. O well, me and Harry were talking a good bit before I got out for a while about running this line on Big Game, especially Mountain Lion. I don't claim to be any kind of an expert on Big Game hounds but it seemed to us that alot of what we and others were breeding for, in a sure enough solid, possibly World Champ. type material hound might transfer over well to big cats. Now bear I don't know alot of mine pile off in a coon so fast I could also see them jumping right on the middle of a bear. But my males are big enough they might just work. My females are normally in the 45 lbs range but alot of my males are 90-100 or better. I like smaller females and the bigger the better to me for a male. Just look at my Dozer male on here. So how close are the males you have to the Old Fireball type blood?

Old Post 04-27-2010 09:30 PM
davecat

Fireball

Hello again, My Ciscoe 1 was half brother to Fireball and we are on Ciscoe 3 and he is 6 years old. We have had only 3 litters and have not had one dog not turn out.. My original Ciscoe was very very cold nosed and I dont remember him not being the first to open on a cold track. We coonhunted him in a couple nite hunts and got a couple 3rd place wins I believe. If there was a mean dog he would go off by himself. These Redbones are very gritty and will make the mean bears climb. We have hours of videos of them. We have had alot of vet bills over the years and sometimes wish they were not so gritty. We found that the Redbones are pretty much trash free from the very begining. I dont want to sound like Im bragging too much, but I love those Redbones to death and have not seen anything close except for a Leopard Cur I used to hunt. Take care, Dave

Old Post 04-27-2010 11:42 PM
davecat

Fireball

Ill go about telling you how I got my Red dogs. My friend had Ciscoe and I couldnt come up with the cash. Well he sold him to a guy in Ohio and the guy brought him back and said he wasnt a good track dog. I think Ciscoe was 1 1/2 years old. I had 2 year old 4 wheel drive ford F150 and being just married, money was tight. I ended up trading my truck for him and I got a Ford Ranger to hunt out of. My wife never said a thing.The following weekend it was off to bear camp and he would cold trail and get the bear going and bingo,I had a bear dog. Now i needed a female. At our club party I had won a ruger 10/22 after buying 1 ticket for 5 bucks. I saw a add in the paper that a guy had 3 Redbones for sale. I was told this guy was a dog trader and you know how the story goes. I traded for a 9 month female even up. She was very well behaved and had the blood I wanted. We had a friend come over with his good coondogs and we released a coon. After about 15 minutes we released all the dogs.His 2 dogs treed and my young female went and treed about 4 hundred yards past his. His dogs were slick treed and the little female had the coon. It was great.I put her on the bear the following weekend and when the bear crossed the road, there she was, leading the pack grabbing the bears ass. My friends said, I dont believe it! Boy was I proud. Before the Red dogs I had tried out probably 20 dogs and returned everyone. Thats hound I started with Redbones.

Old Post 04-28-2010 02:29 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Calling

I plan to talk to Joe this evening I'll have him give ya a ring. Other than him the other guys I mentioned are probably going to be next best thing. Of course my friend down here Preston has some now and then to he goes by Preston Owens on the board. Don't think he has anything right now but if he does I could bring it up during Redbone Days.

Old Post 04-28-2010 09:23 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Fireball females

You and Preston are both trying to run some down. I'll definately keep an ear open though. I had a female I bet you sure would have liked a few years back. She was a little lighter colored and a full sister to my Man dog but she was to fast for us. This thing could literally fly, I think, on a hot or cold track. She was so fast we could never get her to tree good. I think becuase it was to easy. Now a bear on the other hand that would go far enough that I bet that would have been good enough to get her to settle down and tree good. I've got a cross on the way in fact but it will be a few years that I bet would work well on a male that also had a good bit of Fireball top and bottom. Do you know how to post a Ped. of Ciscoe 3? I'd be interested in seeing that.

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 04-28-2010 at 09:34 PM

Old Post 04-28-2010 09:32 PM
davecat

Pedigree

Hi, Ill round up the papers.(they are at my brothers) and will have them posted Friday. Our kennel is 1/2 west of Green Bay at my brothers house. Was just there and forgot them. Thanks, Dave

Old Post 04-28-2010 09:54 PM
davecat

Redbone days

Hey Coondawg. I finally talked to Joe and had a good long talk with him. Sure was nice to talk yo him again. He is one one the best people for sure. I plan on visiting him sometime soon and talk dogs. Are you going to Redbone days in Wisconsin? I plan on going to meet some new people and look at the Red dogs. Im only about 25 minutes from there. Should be a good time.

Old Post 04-30-2010 02:10 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Redbone Days

Ok good I'm glad you got ahold of him I was planning on calling him yesterday but I teach school. We had Prom preperations and then I was coing home but they needed someone to run the scoreboard for baseball. Time I did all that and fed these dogs, pups, my coons, and fixed dinner hated to call that late. I sure do plan on going to Redbone Days. I was looking at one of my hats the other day I didn't realize it but the last time I got to go was 99 so it's been over 10 years. I am hoping to make it to National and American but I am going to American for sure. It would be interesting to talk to you about your line of hounds, also. I would really like to sit down and get with everyone that has been running this line of hounds and just compare notes. I know what mine do but I would like to know what others have seen so that I am better informed in my breeding practices. At this point going in the direction I have, I have at most three other crosses I can do and then everything else while being related to the "Fireball" line will be breeding onto a different branch than the line of dogs I now have. I know what the pluses and minuses of what I am now running are but alot of these other lines as I am finding out while having many of the same pluses have some different minuses. Also the foundation stock of these lines is important to me in order to make it easier to find those good traits that reoccour in these lines. So there are some like you, Joe and some others I hope to get the scoop from on what these old hounds like Fireball, your Ciscoe dog, etc.. were sure enough like.

Old Post 04-30-2010 04:18 PM
davecat

Joe

Joe didnt have anything but is trying to set me up. Im still looking.You going to Redbone days in wisconsin?

Old Post 04-30-2010 04:39 PM