UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 78 79 [80] 81 82 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Prayers for your mom and the family. Went through it a year ago with my mom.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2019 03:06 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

you are all in my prayers

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 06-17-2019 06:01 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Summer Hunting

Thanks guys. It’s a day to day thing with Mom. Some days she feels good and can’t believe she’s dying and other days it’s real tough for her.
Last week we had a weak cool front come through and it felt nice for several nights. Coon moved better too. Rose got snake bit and we’ve been doctoring on her and hunting Bo. My grandsons went with me Friday night and I let Jaxson shoot one down to Bo. That was the first thing he’s ever shot and he was excited. We had a fun time listening to Bo and the Owls cutting up in the swamp. Corn is getting close to being ready to combine and the Coon are in it. Gonna hit a field tonight with Bo and Rose. It’s been almost a week since the snake bite and she’s ready to go.

Old Post 07-30-2019 02:17 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rose X Bocephus

Rose started coming in heat yesterday and will be bred to Bocephus next week. Most likely Thursday then again on Saturday before we come home. Rose is as nice a hound as a man could want and as clean a tree hound as I have ever had. No jacking, no chewing, no biting bushes or vines. Been 100 percent straight since the day she was born. Not a fault at all and that is why I’m crossing her to Bocephus. Grandsire/Granddaughter Cross. Has the potential to be something very special. All pups are spoke for already unless she has more than 8, which I hope she doesn’t. This is her first litter and probably will be her last. I want a Blackheaded Male out of it to be coming up behind BO. If I get lucky enough and get a good one, it will most likely be my last Coonhound. Should carry me enough years that by the time he’s gone or can’t go anymore, I won’t be able to either. Looking forward to this cross and will do everything in my power to get a live healthy litter here on the River. Couple pups will stay here, one up near Brookhaven, one to north Mississippi, one to Illinois, one to Missouri, and one to Alabama. Most all are hard hunting Coonhunters so they will get a fair chance.

Old Post 08-01-2019 02:06 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Steve, don't be so fast to call this your last puppy. I'm hunting my fifth "last puppy" now.

Old Post 08-01-2019 05:48 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Rose and Bocephus

Sure sounds like a good cross Steve. I haven't had the opportunity to hunt with Rose yet, but I've heard you talk about her hunts, so I know she is a good one. I do know what kind of dogs her dad and mom is. I wish you the best with them. Who knows me and you might take one of them off Bocephus and Rose and one of these off Lake and Sheba
and travel up to Mr. Ed Mauney's in Ill. or maybe up to Rod Rose's in Kansas one off these days. You never can tell about 2 guys like me and you. I hope everything is going good Steve. I'm like Donald on that last puppy talk. We just talk like that when we have had a bad hunt. Take Care.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-02-2019 at 03:05 PM

Old Post 08-02-2019 02:59 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Road Trips

Thanks Donald and Mr Jack. Our last hunt isn’t something we like to think about but it stays on my mind here lately. 5 years ago I never thought that way. Body getting wore out but if we don’t push ourselves we just end up in the ground a lot quicker. Mr. Jack, we Way Past Due for a Road Trip. And I look forward to our next one but let’s dint wait til the puppies get old enough to go. Need to plan us one this Fall. Rose has puppies, that will keep me home til Thanksgiving but after they weaned and doing good we need to take a trip. Talked to the man in Kentucky that has Blue now. Said he put him in 4 UKC Hunts and got 4 Wins. Said he’s the Real Deal and they about to start hitting Bigger Hunts with him. Said Autumn Oaks is first on the list. Got a feeling you fixing to hear Grest Things from the Blue Lone Survivor. Take Care.

Old Post 08-03-2019 02:44 AM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Just saw this

Yawl come welcome anytime..

Old Post 08-03-2019 05:48 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Road Trips

Thanks Mr Ed. We will sure be taking you up on the invite one of these days when it cools off. Sure miss talking to you, Caleb and Mrs Mary. And listening to the hounds get treed through the Corn Country.

Old Post 08-04-2019 02:28 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Did you get the cross made on Bo x Rose? Should be some nice ones.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Old Post 08-09-2019 02:00 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rose X Bocephus

Elmo, my wife and I made the 11 Hour round trip today and dropped Rose off to Johnny Brown and Bocephus. The ole hound is almost 11 Years old but looks and acts great. We visited a bit, took some pictures with Bocephus, then headed home. Johnny will get Rose and Bocephus together a couple times then we will get Rose back home. This is the first ever Grandsire/Granddaughter Cross on Bocephus that Johnny or I know of. First and most likely the last and only cross like this on a Great Reproducer. Hope my cross makes History some day down the road. But first we got to get healthy pups here then get to work with them. I’ve only fooled with a few litters in my life but they were always Top Hojnds that went down in History Of our Blueticks. I bred to the original Rambo many years ago, flew my gyp to Dave Dean and bred to Sparetime Spanky, bred my Storm gyp to my Bo and now, Rose to Bocephus. And Rose came from the cross of Sleepy’s Gr. Nt. Ann to my BO. Ann is off Mr Ed Mauney’s line of dogs and on back to Mr Frank Erwin’s. My old friend from Kentwood La. Rose is special, not just because she’s off my BO, but because she goes back to my two ole friends hounds, Mr Ed and Mr Frank, who I’ve shared many a hunt with over 35 Years. Hope I get pups and hope they are as special as I feel they will be.

Old Post 08-10-2019 02:41 AM
grantsparks
New UKC Forum Member

Pups

Good luck, should be some good ones !!

Old Post 08-10-2019 03:05 PM
grantsparks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grantsparks Click here to Send grantsparks a Private Message Click Here to Email grantsparks Find more posts by grantsparks Add grantsparks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rose X Bocephus

Rose was bred at the Vet in Alabama with fresh Bocephus Semen on Wednesday, August 14th. The Vet looked at it under the microscope and said even though there was some wigglers, it wasn’t as many as you would like to see to feel confident that I would get pups. Wanting these pups really bad, I made the decision to have her A I’ed also. Johnny took her to Smithville Tennessee where he has Bocephus semen stored that was took when he was in his Prime. That Vet did the procedure on Thursday, August 15th after doing the test and determining it was perfect timing. Beverly and I left after lunch Friday and drove over 9 hours and stayed at a motel then picked Rose up Saturday morning and headed for home. It was exactly 1,000 Miles round trip. Rose was happy to be home and I have her on the bottom floor of the kennel so she can’t jump up on her other decks until the stitches come out a week from today. I will have my vet ultrasound her 30 days from when she was bred to confirm she is with pups. Got a lot of people excited about this Grandsire/Granddaughter Cross and looking forward to seeing these pups get here. Made a hunt with Bo before daylight this morning and he Treed 2 young ones up a tree that had a lot of vines loaded with Muscadines. The extreme heat has broke and it’s better hunting now than has been for the past couple of months. Time to get in shape by hitting the woods every night. Looking forward to cooler weather and Road Trips.

Old Post 08-19-2019 02:31 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Been hunting several nights a week. Bo been looking pretty good as he and I slowly get back in the groove. He Treed 5 I looked at one night, a single then 4 up one tree. He Treed 3 the next night. The past two nights he’s Treed one up a turkey pine both nights and I found both of them. Mason and Jaxson was with me Sunday night when he Treed one in the Beaver Pond on a small island. Boys was waste deep in water following me but never complained. It has got Extremely Hot and Humid this week and they are showing mid 90’s to 100 every day and heat index up to 110. I have done fed up tonight but got the alarm set for 3:30. Will be hunting in the mornings until we get a break in this heat. Freckles had surgery to remove some cancer and has recovered nicely. The Vet said it should never return and she should live a full happy life. I received some great news today for myself that I’ve been working on and praying on for near 2 years. I can now plan my future and my life is no longer on hold. God is Great and Prayer is Powerful. You just can’t ever give up, got to keep marching on and having Faith. Rose will be at the Vet next Wednesday to see if she’s got any pups in her. Hoping she does. They will be the right kind for sure and I’m looking forward to seeing what the ones I keep will turn into. Got my fingers crossed and my Prayers asked. I’m sure if God had to choose a Coon Dog, Bluetick would be it.

Old Post 09-04-2019 02:36 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Great news

Sounds like things are getting better down your way, Steve, except for weather!! I keep telling you, you need to take a vacation & bring Mr. Jack along. Going to be in 70's all week with 50's & even some 40's at night. Was 46 this morning @ 7:30, when I went to get my paper. Expecting some good conditions for our UKC zone hunt on the 13th. May not win, but are sure gonna try. See ya next winter. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-05-2019 11:10 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Road Trips

Thanks Ron for the invite and I will certainly take you up on it one day. Hoping to hit the road for a trip in October either to Indiana or Ohio and end of November to Illinois. Putting some new tires on my truck, New pulleys, belts, hoses, plugs, etc. getting it ready for some trouble free trips hopefully. Good Luck at the Zones. Hope yaw get into plenty coons and great weather. We supposed to be 10” the next 4 or 5 days with heat index at 110. It’s still 90 at dark which is just to hot to hunt so I been going in the mornings when it’s around 73. Take Care and Good Hunting.

Old Post 09-06-2019 02:06 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rose X Bocephus Pups

Rose has started to show a little signs the past week of being pregnant. Today was day 27 and I took her to the Vet to see. Rose is Definitely Pregnant with Bocephus Pups. They are due October 17th. Was taking a road trip to Ohio, Indiana and Illinois first of November for two weeks of Coon Hunting in great states with some great folks but that will be put on hold until first of December. I will be going to Ohio in a few weeks to scout out Wayne National Forest and do some sight seeing. Then, until pups are weaned I will be tied down at home getting some much needed work caught up on around here. All pups are spoken for now unless some back out and if they do I have a list of ones waiting to take their place. I’m keeping a few myself. Want to give them a great environment to grow up in and the best possible start a pup can get. I am down to just Bo and Rose. Kennel looks empty but will soon be filled with some beautiful Bocephus and Rose pups.

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:49 AM
W. Danny
UKC Forum Member

Bo and Rose pups

Hope she has a bunch and they all make good dogs.

Old Post 09-12-2019 03:06 AM
W. Danny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for W. Danny Click here to Send W. Danny a Private Message Click Here to Email W. Danny Find more posts by W. Danny Add W. Danny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Napier II
UKC Forum Member

Upcoming litter

Hey Steve, good luck with this Bocephus x Rose litter. Also, good to see that your able to hit the woods again and enjoy it.

Old Post 09-12-2019 09:59 PM
Gary Napier II is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Napier II Click here to Send Gary Napier II a Private Message Find more posts by Gary Napier II Add Gary Napier II to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rose pups

Thanks Danny and Gary. Excited about this cross would be an understatement. This is only the 4th litter of pups I’ve ever had and raised in all the years of Coon Hunting I’ve done. First was off Rambo, then Sparetime Spanky, a Litter off my Stormy gyp and my Bo and now Rose and Bocephus. I’m not a breeder, just a River Bottom pleasure hunter that knows the type of dog I like to hunt. I think this litter will be the right kind that will please me. Need a young one coming up behind Bo before he gets to old. I hope both of yaw are doing well and hitting the woods as often as you can. I would hit it harder if it would cool off. I went last night and it was 86 when I cut loose. Made one tree and came home. Gonna hit it at 4am in the morning when it’s a little cooler. Yaw take care and good hunting.

Old Post 09-12-2019 10:31 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Road Trip

Been taking Bo about every night. He’s been treeing Coon and I’ve found a lot of them. It is terrible Hot and Dry. Breaking records and going down as the warmest and driest September on record. Taking Road trip In a few days. Headed to Indiana and hunt with Tracy Baker and his family and friends for a few days then over to Ohio and Burr Oak State Park to stay in a cabin for 5 nights. I did find out I can hunt while in Ohio so that was great to hear. You can go online and it’s confusing and not clear if it’s legal to run dogs or not. We will do a lot of site seeing and antique shopping while there. Weather is supposed to be 60’s during the day and 40’s at night. Much better than here and they supposed to get some rain too. Rose is showing pretty good but belly still not very big. Still 3 weeks to go so there’s time for her to blow up. Hoping for about 7 or 8. That would be a perfect size litter.

Old Post 09-29-2019 02:04 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

My Mom is Gone

Didn’t hunt any this past week, very hot and was getting packed for our Road Trip. Thursday night we had stopped at the Alabama Welcome Center on our way to Indiana to let the dogs walk for a bit. Loaded them back up and had just hit the interstate when I got the message from my brother that my Mom had just died. We made a U Turn and came back home. She will be buried today. Her suffering is over and she has found the peace we all seek. After the funeral this evening, Beverly and I will get in the road to Ohio for the week. Indiana will have to be put off until December. We will come home Saturday and Rose will be put in the whelping pen and be ready to have Pups a week from this Wednesday. She is some bigger but not a lot and she is bagging up good. I don’t think she will have a big litter which is good. 4 to 8 will be perfect for her on her first litter.

Old Post 10-06-2019 01:55 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gone

So sorry about your Mom Steve, I know she's in a much better place now and she don't hurt any more. Praying for you and Mrs. Beverly and Family and friends.

Old Post 10-06-2019 08:15 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

So sorry to hear Steve.! Prayers buddy..

Old Post 10-07-2019 02:22 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Steve prayers to you and your family.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 10-07-2019 12:18 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote