UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Another alpha question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

Another alpha question

My alpha died on me in November it was fully charged when i turned the dogs loose, 30 min later i was getting the low battery warning then it shut off. I bought a new battery and had no issues until tonight, had a fully charged battery and got ready to turn the dogs loose and it wouldn't turn on the battery was completely dead. My alpha isnt even 2 years old yet, just curious if anyone else has had the same issue and its something simple before i call garmin tomorrow.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2022 03:40 AM
Blue2011 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue2011 Click here to Send Blue2011 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue2011 Find more posts by Blue2011 Add Blue2011 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I would think we could agree that it looks like a battery problem. Or a drain on the battery problem.

With that said I will mentions some things to check and some of these you may have already.

First thing that comes to mind is a combination of WINTER and your operating system being full of things such as maps or tracks that can be erased. Both cold weather and an overload of maps on the handheld or overload of tracks on the system drain it faster. Put both together and it gets even worse.

I would first look at your archived tracks and erase them. I would then think about how your maps are loaded. If you downloaded any (birdseye) directly to your handheld you should think about putting them on a SD card and erasing what is downloaded. Start there and see what happens.

Old Post 01-12-2022 03:16 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue2011
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, i checked my storage and it was full. Apparently when i downloaded birdseye i put it straight on my handheld and not my card. I got everything switched over, so hopefully I should be good now. Thanks for the help.

Old Post 01-17-2022 02:03 AM
Blue2011 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue2011 Click here to Send Blue2011 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue2011 Find more posts by Blue2011 Add Blue2011 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Also those archived dog tracks need to be checked as they take up a lot of storage over time. I have seen some units with 4 or 5 years of archived tracks that work a lot better once they are removed. Hope everything works out for you.

Old Post 01-17-2022 12:38 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Also those archived dog tracks need to be checked as they take up a lot of storage over time. I have seen some units with 4 or 5 years of archived tracks that work a lot better once they are removed. Hope everything works out for you.

Old Post 01-17-2022 12:38 PM
3Rivers
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey

Also update the handheld, I know that are some updates when you look at the history of the updates for the handhelds there are some that say about the battery in the update. I know the latest update on the 200i is version 4.50. Hope this helps you.

Bordelonville La.

‘PR’ Coma’s Sweet Thelma Lou
(Somewheres Stylish Coma x Lone Pine Hollie)

Old Post 01-17-2022 05:10 PM
3Rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 3Rivers Click here to Send 3Rivers a Private Message Click Here to Email 3Rivers Find more posts by 3Rivers Add 3Rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote