UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > American Leopard Hound > UPDATE on the Breed Standard
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JohnCox
UKC Forum Member

UPDATE on the Breed Standard

Since I've been President of the ALBA I've been working with the folks at UKC and we now have got the more then 1/3 white issue cleared up. As most of you know in our year book we have posted our own Breed Stardard which is the same as whats in UKC. But about 4 months ago or so it was brought to my attention that there was a slight misunderstanding with UKC and us as to what we meant by the 1/3 white issue it has now all been cleared up. If you have a Leopard pup that has more than 1/3 white it can not be registered. If it gets registered somehow, the papers will be pulled. If you think you have a Leopard with more then 1/3 white or its real close the thing to do is take a couple pics of it and sent them to our Breed Reps and they will make the decision on weather its to white or not. I'm posting this on here so everyone has a better understanding of the More than 1/3 white issue. Not to stir folks up but to keep us all educated on this deal.

If anyone else has any questions send me a PM and I will help out all I can.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2013 02:44 PM
JohnCox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JohnCox Click here to Send JohnCox a Private Message Find more posts by JohnCox Add JohnCox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
possumukc
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for taking time to serve as president. At times, I am sure, it is a pain in the caboose.

Old Post 03-26-2013 06:47 PM
possumukc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for possumukc Click here to Send possumukc a Private Message Click Here to Email possumukc Find more posts by possumukc Add possumukc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bstevens
UKC Forum Member

Thanks John, for the time you take to move this breed forward.

Old Post 03-26-2013 10:33 PM
bstevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bstevens Click here to Send bstevens a Private Message Click Here to Email bstevens Find more posts by bstevens Add bstevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruceatempire
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks John for your commitment to the leopard breed.. & it was my pleasure to meet you @ the Winter Classic.. any way I can assist you in Alabama please don't hesitate to call on me..

pastorbel47@yahoo.com
205-907-3057

LeVan's "Magic" {Lep}
LeVan's "Slammin Bella" {Lep}
LeVan's "Telico" {Stephens}
LeVan's "Jess" {Lep}

Last edited by bruceatempire on 04-02-2013 at 02:54 AM

Old Post 03-28-2013 11:12 AM
bruceatempire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruceatempire Click here to Send bruceatempire a Private Message Click Here to Email bruceatempire Find more posts by bruceatempire Add bruceatempire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kan
UKC Forum Member

just asking a question how and or who makes this call on 1/3 white not trying to make this a bedate. just asking thanks for the info

Old Post 04-04-2013 02:43 AM
Kan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kan Click here to Send Kan a Private Message Find more posts by Kan Add Kan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnCox
UKC Forum Member

Thats not a bad question at all. Here's the deal when you have a leopard pup or a dog and you think it might have to much white the thing to do is take a couple pics of it and get with our Breed Rep and they will let you know if its got to much white or not. Call me if you would like to go over it in more detail. Thanks for the question

Old Post 04-04-2013 03:43 AM
JohnCox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JohnCox Click here to Send JohnCox a Private Message Find more posts by JohnCox Add JohnCox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woodsmaster77
UKC Forum Member

????

Now first off,don't take me as a hater!,we have several leps. But I just dont know why ya all bother to call them , leopard hound,when so many are Blk&tan,redbone color,or even brindle looking plotts. I believe that if u want to be leopard hounds then,u should stop registering off color dogs! This would be no different then any other color breed! Plotts,must be brindle,No buckskins are registerd,redbones,must not have black.,or ther not registerd.so why should Leopards be any different?.??? I also think if this was done ud have ,more respect for the breed,if one color pattern was a stablished,and breeders could then concentrate more on ability traits, a leopard can have several different colors,just make it that they have to have majority of ther color be spotted or Merle! It could be red,grey,blue,tan,just as long as it had the spots or merle. After all they are called American LEOPARD Hound!

Last edited by woodsmaster77 on 03-25-2014 at 01:43 PM

Old Post 03-24-2014 05:12 PM
woodsmaster77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for woodsmaster77 Click here to Send woodsmaster77 a Private Message Find more posts by woodsmaster77 Add woodsmaster77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

those colors have always been in the lep cur breed of dogs.changing their name on paper don't change the bloodlines. to breed for color only you could destroy one of the better breed of [dogs] out there.the eng. folks don't seem to mind that their dogs are a variety of colors if they don't satisfy you go back to what you had before the lep. name change.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 03-30-2014 12:02 AM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

exactly right oldman that's what ruined the catahoulas breeding for glass eyes and spot and not sound ability .

Old Post 03-21-2015 11:52 PM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote