UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > And It Begins
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
s/s
UKC Forum Member

And It Begins

Just getting this sick pitted feeling while reading so many post on fb about folks breeding this to that to make a xbred...

I got me a male ? to breed to my female ?...Then it's followed up with, "how does this xbred registry work?"

Really? They have to ask how it works, but they are making those mutt puppies before they find out!!??

It already looks like anyone with a bitch is going to have her bred to whatever they can get their hands on so they can register those mutts..The amount of post on this is just maddening... Just what we need... :/

Home of:

ACHA CH AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' T-REX II
At Stud/Private Treaty
2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 UKC Performance Sire / 2010 AKC Supreme Breeders Sire
2010 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2009 Indiana State Youth 1st Line/1st Tree Water Race Champion
2007 Autumn Oaks Champion Redbone Male

WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ICE ICE BABY
CH 'PR' APPLEBEE'S MAGGIE~Tracker X Ice Baby~owner/handler ZACH WOOD
2012 Missouri Federation Youth Championship Cast winner, 4th Place & Queen of Hunt
2012 Iowa State Youth Best Female of Show
2012 Missouri State Youth High Scoring Redbone
2012 Missouri State Youth Champion Female of Show
2012 Marshall, MO Cast winner, 2nd Place

AKC CSG UKC GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SWEET ICE T~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008~Charleston, MS State Championship Champion of Champion Female @ 9 months old
GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS TRACKER JACK~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008 Mississippi State Over-all Show Champion @ 9 months old
Needed 10 points for WCH @ 14 months old
RIP lil buddy, you were definitely one of a kind and you are truly missed~my heart

AKC CSG UKC FCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS BIG RED TRACTOR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CCH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ROCK STAR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS CRY ME A RIVER~Tracker X Ice Baby
CH'PR' MARVS MULESKINNER ICE BABY RED~Tracker X Ice Baby

AKC CCH ACHA CH UKC GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SOUTHERN GRACE
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS PHASE II~Tracker X Grace
RIP Hot Dog. I wish I could have a redo with you big guy. Truely sorry you're gone </3

AKC CGW UKC GRWCH 'PR' CC'S SOUTHERN OUTLAW TRACKER~Tracker X Grace
2012 MO Federation High Point Water Race Champion

AKC CH CGCH UKC GRCH 'PR' RIVER RIDGE EYE ON SATURN
2008 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
AKC CSG UKC WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTERCREEK MOMMAS GOTTA HEMI~Tracker X Saturn
09/2012 Cast win for a 2nd place in her first nite hunt
2012 American Redbone Days Hunting Pairs

WCH CH
'PR' CRITTER CREEKS JOHNNIE ANGEL~Tracker X Saturn
2013 Indiana State Youth 1st Tree Field Trial Champion
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS GIRLS CAN II~Tracker X Saturn

AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH WCH GRCH 'PR' SECOND EDITIONS MAKING WAVES
2013 UKC Performance Sire
2012 #5 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2012 MISSOURI FEDERATION ZONE 8 HIGH POINT BENCH CHAMPION
2012 UKC Performance Sire
2012 Southern Redbone Days/Friday/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Pairs
2012 Grand American CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Champion Redbone Male
2011 Annual KING & QUEEN Kinder, MO/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
2010 AUTUMN OAKS/Best Senior Redbone Male
2009 NATIONAL REDBONE DAYS/Best Male Of Show
2010 AKC SOUTH CAROLINA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP/Best Male Of Show

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-07-2014 04:15 AM
s/s is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s/s Click here to Send s/s a Private Message Click Here to Email s/s Visit s/s's homepage! Find more posts by s/s Add s/s to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

X2

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 10-07-2014 12:06 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: And It Begins

quote:
Originally posted by s/s
Just getting this sick pitted feeling while reading so many post on fb about folks breeding this to that to make a xbred...

I got me a male ? to breed to my female ?...Then it's followed up with, "how does this xbred registry work?"

Really? They have to ask how it works, but they are making those mutt puppies before they find out!!??

It already looks like anyone with a bitch is going to have her bred to whatever they can get their hands on so they can register those mutts..The amount of post on this is just maddening... Just what we need... :/

Not as maddening as having to scroll past your two pages of signature after every post you make.....good grief.

Pretty sure both parents have to be registered still.

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:01 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: And It Begins

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Not as maddening as having to scroll past your two pages of signature after every post you make.....good grief.

Pretty sure both parents have to be registered still.

No neither parent has to be registered. I think you do have to take pictures of the front and one side of the dog to show it bascally does look like a hound but the dog most sertainly can be of unknown ancestry.

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:39 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joel Corinth
Banned

Re: And It Begins

quote:
Originally posted by s/s

The great thing is by your signature this will never affect you. They can't show and AKC will never let this happen in there registry.
I guess on second thought this could affect you as they might sell there mutt to a customer that was going to buy one of your mutts..

America for Donkeys

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:45 PM
Joel Corinth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joel Corinth Click here to Send Joel Corinth a Private Message Find more posts by Joel Corinth Add Joel Corinth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Crossbreds will have exactly zero effect on my coonhunting world. I can think of no reason to concern myself with what someone else is breeding.
My dogs have been beaten by everything out there at one time another, I'm sure somewhere down the road, they will lose to a Crossbred. I don't worry about what beat me, I worry about why I got beat.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:47 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: And It Begins

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
No neither parent has to be registered. I think you do have to take pictures of the front and one side of the dog to show it bascally does look like a hound but the dog most sertainly can be of unknown ancestry.

according to ukc's russel smith both parents DO HAVE TO BE ukc registered hounds

Old Post 10-07-2014 03:22 PM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The way that I understand it, in order for a litter of pups to be registered both parents must be UKC registered. But you can single register any dog of "unknown ancestry" as a X Bred.

Old Post 10-07-2014 03:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Enigma
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Crossbreds will have exactly zero effect on my coonhunting world. I can think of no reason to concern myself with what someone else is breeding.
My dogs have been beaten by everything out there at one time another, I'm sure somewhere down the road, they will lose to a Crossbred. I don't worry about what beat me, I worry about why I got beat.

Crossbred dogs will more than likely have no effect on any of these guys hunting either. I have a tough enough time with my own dogs without worrying about what someone else is breeding.

I don't like the traits of some lines of dogs bred today.... I don't hunt them or buy them or breed to them. Crossbred dogs are no different, if you don't like them.. don't associate yourself with them. The End.

Old Post 10-07-2014 04:27 PM
Enigma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Enigma Click here to Send Enigma a Private Message Find more posts by Enigma Add Enigma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Duncan
UKC Forum Member

Lol,if it makes you mad about other people breeding what they want to hunt you need to really seek medical attention.no one will be shoving there crossbreed dog down your throat.its a good program for the ones that want it and you as a two page signature puriest never have to concern yourself with owning one.and you will never have to worry about competing against one since they are not allowed to show,lol

Last edited by John Duncan on 10-07-2014 at 07:53 PM

Old Post 10-07-2014 07:50 PM
John Duncan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Duncan Click here to Send John Duncan a Private Message Find more posts by John Duncan Add John Duncan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Facebook is registering X-Bred dogs now ?? ,,Wow everyone wants a piece of the action ,,lol

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 10-07-2014 08:18 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Best thing since soap on a rope, well all most!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-07-2014 08:46 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

I did a google search for their night hunt rules ,to see how many" likes" you needed to plus a tree. Couldn't find a thing about it ,, but it will be interesting The First Facebook World Champion Dog,,, man what a title ,,,lol.

Old Post 10-07-2014 08:53 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

Far more harm done by people makeing show dog crosses than a Xbred cross to produce coondogs.

Old Post 10-07-2014 09:01 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer
Far more harm done by people makeing show dog crosses than a Xbred cross to produce coondogs.

X 2 I've seen this before .

Old Post 10-07-2014 10:31 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I may need to figure out this face book thing, never been on Facebook but hear I have been profiled a few times...

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-07-2014 10:40 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
I did a google search for their night hunt rules ,to see how many" likes" you needed to plus a tree. Couldn't find a thing about it ,, but it will be interesting The First Facebook World Champion Dog,,, man what a title ,,,lol.

the first world champion face book dog, wow

that would be one heck of a dog to make it to the finals.

first it would have to navaigate thru all the virius's on face book without crashing the handlers computer.

to get to the face book world champion finals would be one heck of a handler an dog..

LMAO...

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 10-07-2014 10:46 PM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I may need to figure out this face book thing, never been on Facebook but hear I have been profiled a few times...

if you try out for the face book semi final

you will have to have a good antivirus program,

I work on computers and face book is what has been locking up peoples computers the most the last couple yrs.

the fake FBI page or the fake antivirius popups are the main ones,they want you send moneygram ,money card,before they unlock computer.

if you can get into the c: drive with or without a startup disc, look for a folder called (temp) in the windows section or user section and open and delete everything inside the folder,take disc out and reboot computer and should be good for another turnout,,lol

wildbills101@yahoo

Old Post 10-07-2014 11:11 PM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wildbill
if you try out for the face book semi final

you will have to have a good antivirus program,

I work on computers and face book is what has been locking up peoples computers the most the last couple yrs.

the fake FBI page or the fake antivirius popups are the main ones,they want you send moneygram ,money card,before they unlock computer.

if you can get into the c: drive with or without a startup disc, look for a folder called (temp) in the windows section or user section and open and delete everything inside the folder,take disc out and reboot computer and should be good for another turnout,,lol

WOW I think I will just stay with a phone call or a hand shake an if I don't like I'll just tell them..

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-07-2014 11:17 PM
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer

I REMEBER WHEN THA WERE CROSSING DOBERMAN,S WITH B&T FOR SHOWING BUT IM NOT INTO SHOWING ===

Old Post 10-07-2014 11:25 PM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AndyMiller
I REMEBER WHEN THA WERE CROSSING DOBERMAN,S WITH B&T FOR SHOWING BUT IM NOT INTO SHOWING ===

wow ,you remember those days,,first club I went to back in them days if looks could have killed I'd been dead.

I didn't know,saw a guy leading 2 black and brown dogs up to the treeing contest cagecoon.

I made the coment " why didn't they cut the ears and tails off that dobe and rottie..
I was informed they were reg b &t hounds, sorry about my unexperiance with show dogs.
stuck my foot in my mouth at next club deal,
walked in seen people working dogs on the bench's
ask person about dog ,said I didn't know they were having blue shorthair pointer shows at coonclubs,,
was politely told that dog was a grand show ch. bluetic coonhound,, learned a lot about show dogs in a hurry
ouch,what you see may not be what you think you see.

wildbills101@yahoo

Old Post 10-07-2014 11:51 PM
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

My coon hunting has not been going well lately. It must be the show dog blood and mix breeding!

Old Post 10-08-2014 01:43 AM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

This is great for the coon hunters imo . It's about time guys make some crosses based on pure talent and ability than wether or not a dog meets breed standards . I would say that a sole majority of the guys that make X bred crosses do it for no other reason but to produce a coondog . There's no high demand market out there for them and other people are still going to pack around a pure bred , so I'm not really sure what the big deal is .... Guys breeding for looks and breed standards have done far worse for breeds than the guys that will soon be breeding Ole Blue Bill X Holstien Sally.... I once had "show dog" person tell me I needed to cull I nice young dog I was hunting off bear because he had a blue eye ... Super nice and super talented but he didn't meet breed standards so he needed culled they said!!

I'm more along the lines of they meet standards in the woods or they get culled

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 10-08-2014 01:51 AM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

MUTTS

You might cross some of your stuff to some of the cross bred MUTTS and add a nt ch or grntch to your list of titles LOL

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 10-08-2014 02:03 AM
Larry D Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry D Walker Click here to Send Larry D Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Larry D Walker Add Larry D Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy
UKC Forum Member

If this is a reference to my post, I hunted, raised, bred, & competed with purebred hounds for a long time. I recently quit and it wasn't long & I'm getting the itch to start again but life changes & I'm not interested in starting where I left off. I'm interested in finding a dog that serves many purposes & I've always been intrigued by the walker / cur crosses so that is the direction I'm looking to go. I could care less if the dog is eligible to be ukc registered but I was curious about the possibility with the new x-bred program.
In the defense of crossbreeds, I've been beat by more crossbreeds than any other breed of hound outside of walkers.

Old Post 10-08-2014 02:25 AM
brogy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brogy Click here to Send brogy a Private Message Click Here to Email brogy Find more posts by brogy Add brogy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote