UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How much does your wife really know?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Yes, my wife knows the correct answer to all those questions. She doesn't clean pens or feed the dogs, but that is the responsibility of our teenage sons.

When I read the question off this morning, she did say Mr. Ryan could ... well let's just leave it as she wasn't impressed with his question.

Aim small miss small

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2016 05:22 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

My wife knows the answers to all of the above. When she met me she knew I coon hunted and through the years she has even had her own hound that she would take to the hunts sometime. My son and two of my daughters all coon hunt and can answer the questions as well.They have been a great part of my hunting.Dont get me wrong there have been times when my wife has told me the dogs come before her (and sometimes she is right) but she knows the work it takes to make a good young dog and supports me with it. Her thought is it is better to have me chasing hounds than than out chasing something else.

Old Post 02-06-2016 10:22 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Re: How much does your wife really know?

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan J
How much does your wife know about your dogs and your hunting?
Mine knows very little and would cheat if their was a prize to win knowing the answer! Lol
Does she know how many dogs you really own?
Does she know their names?
Does she know if they are titled and what titles do they have?
Does she know what every dog in your kennel is worth?
Does she know their age?
Does she know what breed they are?
Think about it and if you Dare ask her!!!

Gave her the quiz

1. she got this one
2. she got this one
3. she missed this one.
4. she missed this one
5. she got this one
6. she got this one

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 02-07-2016 03:20 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
farmertick
UKC Forum Member

Every thing I met my wife at a coon club, her dad is the president and master of hounds there, we prob we went hunting five or six times before we went on a real date. She dosnt get go as much now due to us having a two year old and her being in a rn program and working full time. She still goes as much as possible and loves to show hounds and handle in hunts.

Old Post 02-07-2016 05:55 PM
farmertick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for farmertick Click here to Send farmertick a Private Message Click Here to Email farmertick Find more posts by farmertick Add farmertick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Right now I have 3 mules and 3 blue ticks and I don't think my wife can tell which is which. And doesn't care to.

Old Post 02-07-2016 06:02 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well Started
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Right now I have 3 mules and 3 blue ticks and I don't think my wife can tell which is which. And doesn't care to.

Well heck I've been around dogs my whole life and I have trouble telling the difference between a mule and a blue tick. Lol. Just kidding.

Old Post 02-07-2016 06:27 PM
Well Started is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Well Started Click here to Send Well Started a Private Message Find more posts by Well Started Add Well Started to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

Re: How much does your wife really know?

My wife knows everything about everything.
Just ask her........

Mike Hurt (620) 433-0285)

Old Post 02-07-2016 06:37 PM
mikehurt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikehurt Click here to Send mikehurt a Private Message Click Here to Email mikehurt Find more posts by mikehurt Add mikehurt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Well Started
Well heck I've been around dogs my whole life and I have trouble telling the difference between a mule and a blue tick. Lol. Just kidding.
You sneak up behind them and poke 'em with a stick. If you get your head kicked off, it's a mule.

Old Post 02-07-2016 09:44 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

No to all of them. I have a litter of five week old puppies that she has never seen as well. I also raise show goats and the same answer applies to them too. Kid goats and puppies everywhere- no interest. Probably better off that way as I have a place to retreat to when I want!

Old Post 02-07-2016 09:48 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well Started
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
You sneak up behind them and poke 'em with a stick. If you get your head kicked off, it's a mule.

Lol. That be about right.

Old Post 02-07-2016 09:51 PM
Well Started is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Well Started Click here to Send Well Started a Private Message Find more posts by Well Started Add Well Started to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aron Nieland
UKC Forum Member

Ryan

Those are very good questions.

My wife knows the age, the names, and the values of every dog i have owned or own now.
She knows which female they are out of but probably not the sires as i hunt pups from dogs i have sold. She surely knows how much they are worth as when i sell them the money gets put directly in our money market account.
We saved most of our down payment for our new farm from the dogs we have sold in the last 5 years.
She pays close attention, she understands how many nights it takes to make a good one and its alot! That is why she says its ok that i leave her and our son at home after they go to bed and go out and hunt!!
We have a rule in our house if we spend more than 1000 dollars on something we ask the other first. I would not have it any other way!!

She trusts my judgement when i say we need to cull this one or sell that one.

She use to hunt with me and spent alot of nights in the woods starting young dogs and understands how long of a process it really is. I am glad i took her along so many nights before we had kids so she gets it. She does not go anymore now that we have children. But she is still informed on what we have or do not have in the kennel.

Old Post 02-08-2016 05:21 AM
Aron Nieland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aron Nieland Click here to Send Aron Nieland a Private Message Find more posts by Aron Nieland Add Aron Nieland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
The answer is a NO for all the questions. But she went to the mail box last week and opened the 1099 I got from $KC and she is starting to pay attention to them. I thought she would say "good job honey" but she just shook her head and I heard her mumbling "now we have to pay taxes on the **** things".

Well let me know if you can't pay your taxes. I'll buy the dogs for the taxes you owe. I tried this with a couple other guys and no takers. But maybe sometime I'll find someone that's willing.

Old Post 02-08-2016 07:22 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I'm another horse crazy wife. But since we only have one Redbone we hunt with, I know all the answers including worth which I think is "PRICELESS" I stayed up until 4:30 am on January 14th learning what an article I read meant by rubbing the puppies vigorously until they squeak (8 of them). We've only been to 2 night hunts, I went as a spectator. Although puppies are for sale, we'll be keeping any we can't sell. And I'll support him in whatever he decides to do with them...just hoping he gets them out of our dining room. We'll be celebrating our 40th anniversary this yr.

Old Post 02-08-2016 08:28 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I have a lot of family and write off's. The taxes are taken care of but thanks anyway.

Old Post 02-08-2016 09:09 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVBLUEBOY
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: How much does your wife really know?

quote:
Originally posted by mikehurt
My wife knows everything about everything.
Just ask her........

We could be brother-in-laws then, cause I'm thinking I may have married her long lost sister.

Old Post 02-08-2016 09:22 PM
WVBLUEBOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WVBLUEBOY Click here to Send WVBLUEBOY a Private Message Find more posts by WVBLUEBOY Add WVBLUEBOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Chilton
UKC Forum Member

Yes my wife knows all that plus she take very good care of them for me and loves the pups

812-508-9235 Cell

Old Post 02-09-2016 12:22 AM
Don Chilton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Chilton Click here to Send Don Chilton a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Chilton Find more posts by Don Chilton Add Don Chilton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Well Started

ROFL ROFL

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 02-09-2016 01:22 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
I have a lot of family and write off's. The taxes are taken care of but thanks anyway.

I hope you didn't take it as an insult Mr. Bruce. I was just kidding with ya.

But My wife can answer everything but the pedigree questions.

Old Post 02-09-2016 12:42 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

No Sir I didn't take it as an insult and I am just kidding around also.

Old Post 02-09-2016 01:16 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VAPOSSUMHNTR
UKC Forum Member

I mainly bear hunt....sad to say fella's but my wife knows every dog, feeds them and tends to them on days i cant, loads em up and takes em hunting on the days i cant go........now when it comes to prices ( which is rare bec i dont buy many dogs) that usually stays between me and the seller...lol

Old Post 02-09-2016 02:20 PM
VAPOSSUMHNTR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VAPOSSUMHNTR Click here to Send VAPOSSUMHNTR a Private Message Click Here to Email VAPOSSUMHNTR Find more posts by VAPOSSUMHNTR Add VAPOSSUMHNTR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Borgstadt
UKC Forum Member

Well I'm not married yet but my girlfriend knows them all, although she doesn't know what the titles mean or how they are earned. I must say I'm pretty lucky because she surprised me a few days ago with a new alpha 100 and tt15!

NITECH `PR` KYLES SWEET SOUTHERN BELLE (GRNITECH CROOKED RIVER RED TURKEY x NITECH ROCKERS MISSISSIPPI QUEEN)

816-716-9926

Old Post 02-09-2016 05:21 PM
Borgstadt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Borgstadt Click here to Send Borgstadt a Private Message Click Here to Email Borgstadt Find more posts by Borgstadt Add Borgstadt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I just asked mine and the only one she got right was what are they worth. She said they aint worth S**T. I couldn't argue with her.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-09-2016 09:50 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

My wife doesn't feed my dogs or take care of them in anyway but she makes up for it by being very pretty with a great figure and taking care of me and the house. Oh yea, she makes a lot of money too.

Old Post 02-09-2016 10:24 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I thought my last post would generate some come back but it hasn't. I was just kidding anyway.

Old Post 02-10-2016 10:13 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I just asked mine and the only one she got right was what are they worth. She said they aint worth S**T. I couldn't argue with her.
Now that's funny!

Old Post 02-10-2016 11:07 PM