UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2016 North Carolina State Hunt
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

2016 North Carolina State Hunt

The 2016 North Carolina State Hunt will be held April 22ndand 23rd in Salisbury North Carolina. The format to determine the overall state champion has changed for this year. The new format has the top 4 double cast winners competing in a one hour hunt off on Saturday night to determine the state champion. If we don't have four double cast winners, we will revert to highest one night score. The winner of this hunt off will receive a $1000 prize in addition to other nice awards. We will also have a nice prize package for the winners of the bench show. Dual champions and pairs will be shown at the show on Saturday the 22nd. Also please remember to remind the clubs in NC that club dues have been reduced to $50 this year and individual memberships have increased to $20. You have to be either a member of a club that in the association or an individual member to be eligible for the overall state title in either the hunt or show. We will also be having our basket raffle again this year as well as raffling off a Henry 22 Coonhunter's addition rifle. Also the annual state association meeting will be held on Saturday the 22nd at 12:00 PM, this where all state association business is conducted and new game laws are discussed. Each club that is a member of the association can send two members to vote in the association meeting. Alot of work goes into making this a great hunt and we would appreciate your support, so please start making your plans attend and let's make this the biggest state hunt we have ever had. Thanks for your support and I look forward to seeing you in April.

Last edited by jeffrey robinso on 02-07-2016 at 07:39 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-28-2016 02:20 AM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brumfield4
UKC Forum Member

NC state champ

Am I understanding correct??
If you are not a member of a NC club then you are not eligible for the hunt off in final four??
I live in va and member of a club here. Was interested in making the hunt but if not even able to have a chance will not be attending.
No hard feelings just curious if I understand correctly.

Old Post 01-28-2016 05:23 PM
Brumfield4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brumfield4 Click here to Send Brumfield4 a Private Message Click Here to Email Brumfield4 Find more posts by Brumfield4 Add Brumfield4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

You have to either be a member of a club or you can buy an individual membership to be eligible for the overall state champion.

Old Post 01-28-2016 08:35 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bert52
UKC Forum Member

Re: NC state champ

quote:
Originally posted by Brumfield4
Am I understanding correct??
If you are not a member of a NC club then you are not eligible for the hunt off in final four??
I live in va and member of a club here. Was interested in making the hunt but if not even able to have a chance will not be attending.
No hard feelings just curious if I understand correctly.

no hard feelings either but just about all state hunts you have to be a member of the state asociation you r hunting. NC has been this way for a long time as well as most other states. each state decides on their rules. they have i believe this year for first time went w/double cast winners instead of single highest score. i believe your VA state hunt is 2 highest scoring from each night to get in final 4 which is not to my liking but that will not keep me from attending anyway. you cannot please everybody no matter what platform u use but we all do whatever we think best.
is this Matt by the way? if not i am sure u r some kin to him so tell him i have not heard from him in forever and give me a call to go hunting sometime.

Last edited by bert52 on 01-30-2016 at 12:07 PM

Old Post 01-29-2016 04:12 PM
bert52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bert52 Click here to Send bert52 a Private Message Click Here to Email bert52 Find more posts by bert52 Add bert52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

We sure would appreciate you all attending this year's event. We are going all out to make this the best state hunt ever and we need everyone that can to show up so we can make this hunt a success.

Old Post 02-01-2016 12:29 PM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Start making plans to attend, April will be here before you know it.

Old Post 02-07-2016 05:16 PM
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

btt

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 02-19-2016 03:40 AM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our table this past weekend and bought raffle tickets and paid to sponsor a basket. We are working hard to put on the best state hunt ever and we hope you all are planning on attending and help support YOUR association.

Old Post 03-01-2016 07:26 PM
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Just wondering if this is still going to be at the fair grounds???? I know setwd can afford the fair grounds just wondering how the nc state can be there????

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 03-02-2016 06:20 AM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Yes it will be at the Rowan County fairgrounds.

Old Post 03-02-2016 12:28 PM
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

??????????? Thats funny they had to move walker days but we can still have the state hunt there

Long Branch Mtn Curs

Old Post 03-02-2016 07:08 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Robby, you will have to ask somebody else about that, all I know is David Gardin coordinates with the people who are over the fairgrounds and we are still able to hold our hunt there.

Old Post 03-02-2016 11:32 PM
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Oh not saying anything bad I like having the state hunt close by always have a good time at the nc state hunt looking forward to it!!!

Long Branch Mtn Curs

Old Post 03-03-2016 03:28 AM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Robby, I look forward to seeing you there.

Old Post 03-03-2016 01:04 PM
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

the ad will be in the April issue instead of the March issue.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 03-05-2016 01:25 AM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-08-2016 12:41 PM
BottomsideKnl
UKC Forum Member

What times the bench shows

Home of

GrCH 'PR' Southfork Rv. Backwoods Barbie
Nat'l GRCH GRCH NITECH Southfork Rv. WonderBoy
GRNITECH CHAMPS ROCKSTAR MUD ZOMBIE HTX3
CH 'PR' CHAMPS BACKWOODS BEAUTY QUEEN (IZZY)
GRCH 'PR' CHAMPS HISTORY IN THE MAKING (TOBY)
CH 'PR' COME ON HOMEBOY

Old Post 03-09-2016 02:24 AM
BottomsideKnl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BottomsideKnl Click here to Send BottomsideKnl a Private Message Click Here to Email BottomsideKnl Find more posts by BottomsideKnl Add BottomsideKnl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

6 PM on Friday and 2 PM on Saturday.

Old Post 03-09-2016 03:13 AM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-14-2016 07:20 PM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Just a little over a month away, please make your plans to attend.

Old Post 03-21-2016 01:02 PM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

YOUR state hunt is only two weeks from tomorrow. Please plan to come out and participate in this event. This should be the best state hunt that NC has ever had. I hope to see you there.

Old Post 04-07-2016 08:06 PM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Get them hounds ready, only a little over a week away. Come out and try to win the big money plus bragging rights for being the state champ.

Old Post 04-12-2016 02:59 AM
RoadOil NC
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 04-12-2016 07:13 PM
RoadOil NC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RoadOil NC Click here to Send RoadOil NC a Private Message Click Here to Email RoadOil NC Find more posts by RoadOil NC Add RoadOil NC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cajun Redbone
New UKC Forum Member

There is a few State that don't say you have to give them more money on top the your entry fee to be a member my Question is what does the NC do for the coonhound world beside take money I know Mississippi state help keep dog legal so why pay to get in the top 4 and run your dog down

Old Post 04-12-2016 07:45 PM
Cajun Redbone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cajun Redbone Click here to Send Cajun Redbone a Private Message Find more posts by Cajun Redbone Add Cajun Redbone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

First off we support the Sport Dog Association, who represents the hound hunters so we have the right to free cast dogs in our state, secondly we put on one of the biggest youth hunts in the nation and it takes a tremendous amount of money to make these things happen. It looks like it would be worth $20 to me to be able to have the chance to hunt for $1000. I hope you can make our state hunt and have a great time while you are there. Take care and God bless.

Old Post 04-12-2016 08:44 PM