UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Help
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Help

Six month old pup....lives inside. At 6 am his eye was normal, by 8 am getting red, by noon solid red swelled and no eye control. Just the one eye. I don't believe there's anyway possible that it's an injury.
I'll be taking him to vet first thing tomorrow morning. Until then could I try AR Visene and or allergy pills? Please any opinions I'd love to hear. Thank you

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-11-2019 05:36 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Maybe try

Removing him from the source. Maybe some cleaner he got into, or something it got into?

What did the vet say?

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 08-14-2019 06:36 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Funny, in a way.

First let me say I've never been a believer of dog food allergies. Coincidentally I had started a new food the night before. Our local farm store had a one day sale, $40 dog food on sale for $20...a good reputable brand. So I figure hey what the heck I'll buy some and mix it in. Vet said DOG FOOD allergy. Reluctantly I thought maybe ? So I put him back on his regular food . Proof, problem goes away. Or so I thought!! Couple days goes by no problems. Then , I'm out on the woods trails with him in the daylight when I hear him yiping and crying and running for home. I went to where he started yiping and found a HUGE bunch of ground BEES. Within 3 or 4 hours his symptoms were back exactly as before!! Gave him Benadryl and cleared up. Sprayed the ground Bees to!!

Old Post 08-19-2019 08:15 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote