UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Losing Treeing Walker lines?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Hobo, That's a man with a plan.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2015 07:16 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Also something I have noticed thru the years is pay attention to the grandparents when making a cross they have allot of influence!

Old Post 01-14-2015 12:07 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trinket clark
UKC Forum Member

Throwbacks

I've always called them throwbacks. It's cool when you have a litter of pups and several of them act or look just like a grand or great grand parent. Always tell my kids look at that pup he's a throw back from the old dogs...I'm still lookin for that certain throw back in every litter.. That trait or look of one certain dog several generations back in there pedigree..Its pretty cool to be able to notice these things and actually know where they got it or who they got it from..

~Where a man's word still means something & a handshake is all We need!!!

~Grntch Chestnut Grove Ben Semen(Full Brother to Uplinger's Joe & Son of Logan's Wild Clover x Sandy Creek Daisy) Not For Sale - Frank Hummel/Jason Clark

~Grntch Hardwood Whiner/Rolling Hills Hunter Semen(Son of Durbin's Rambler x Rolling Hills Jane) Not For Sale

~Dual ch.Brookshiers Finley River Driver(2007 Walker days 1st place & high scoring walker male sat) (Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~3 Wins to Grand, Nitch Clark's Mr.Wilson HTX(Driver x Cane River Cry Babe) Qualified 2014, 2016 UKC World Hunt
~Brookshier's Finley River Salty (Grntch. Brookshier's Finley River Sting x Cane River Trudy,Trudy is a Littermate to Wilson and Sassy)
~Brookshier's Finley River Sniper (Driver x Kraviks Babe) Uncle niece cross
~Brookshier's Finley River Momba (Driver X Kraviks Babe) Uncle Niece Cross
~Nitch Cane River Sassy (Driver x Cane River Cry Babe)Qualified 2012 UKC World Hunt
~Clark's Finley River Spot(Finley River Zig x Ramblin Jane) Winer and Ramblin Jane are Brother&Sister
~Clark's Rolling Hills Skinner (Grntch Hardwood Winer x Clark's Finley River Spot)
~Nitch Brookshier's Crosscountry Gert. (Uncle Lee x Crosscountry music) Daughter of Lone Pine Dewey
~Nitch Brookshier's Finley River Viper(Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~Brookshier's Fullblown Rage (Uncle Lee x Finley River Molly ) Daughter of F.R. Lonnie x Fulkerson's F.R. Suzy
~Clark's Little River (Grntch Shoemakers Gator x Grntch Shoemakers Lou
~Brookshier's Otter Creek Dan (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Little Lady (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Penns. Scooby (Denny Burn's Willie x Backwater Kate ,Uncle Lee's mother)

Last edited by Trinket clark on 01-14-2015 at 09:50 PM

Old Post 01-14-2015 09:47 PM
Trinket clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trinket clark Click here to Send Trinket clark a Private Message Click Here to Email Trinket clark Find more posts by Trinket clark Add Trinket clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR

I believe that when you cross two heavy linebred strains together interesting things can happen. But you have to have those 2 strains! New one's are more than welcome to come along also, let's see what some guy's can bring to the table.
My focus has been with crossing Coma lines x Lipper x House lines. Love talking hounds with you guys and seeing whats out there.

Heavy bellar line breeding does not work I put 4 in the ground last year , mother was a angel father was not mean , my 4 hit the ground fighting and at 7 months old and did not let up .I did not waste my time with them, You never know what your going to get

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Last edited by wjoey on 01-16-2015 at 05:34 AM

Old Post 01-16-2015 01:07 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
artkiger
UKC Forum Member

WJoey

Sorry you don't think line breeding doesn't work and you had put your dogs in the ground.

Old Post 01-16-2015 04:29 AM
artkiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for artkiger Click here to Send artkiger a Private Message Click Here to Email artkiger Find more posts by artkiger Add artkiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: WJoey

quote:
Originally posted by artkiger
Sorry you don't think line breeding doesn't work and you had put your dogs in the ground.

No I dont think that it dosent work its just not a good ideal with some strains of dogs .I have one now whos mother is also his grandmother on the topside and he is doing fine so far only time will tell.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-16-2015 04:42 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
artkiger
UKC Forum Member

wjoey

Sorry, I went back and looked at your post again, I'm with ya know . Lol

Old Post 01-16-2015 02:03 PM
artkiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for artkiger Click here to Send artkiger a Private Message Click Here to Email artkiger Find more posts by artkiger Add artkiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Joe that is true, one problem i see allot is people go by pedigree instead of each individual hound. What does that particular hound bring to the table and did its parents bring the same?
If not you never know what the out come will be.

Old Post 01-16-2015 02:20 PM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by MR.RATMAN
I got a son out of What's Up Doc and im looking for a female that is loaded with Pacman blood or Sacket JR I think that would make some good line breeding
Mine was a daughter of whats up doc and a female out of psyco I crossed her with a handsome harry bellar bred hound and that did not work

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-16-2015 04:32 PM
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

linebreeding is only way to get what you want ,but like been said,,some lines wont work,too much hidden in family tree from outcross's.
sometimes too much of a good thing too close also can be bad but trail and errow is only way to find it.

example i lindbreed on house and certain finleyriver linebred blood for the last 30+ yrs..

havent had problems with linebreeding houseclint unless too much of one son is used.have clint 20 + times without trouble.
but when putting house cruze 6+ times in 4 generations whamo,,pups try to kill each other off if not separted by time they are eating feed..had 2 pups left out 5 by time they were12 weeks old..

have 1 male here with lipper 4 times in 4 generations ,will share killing a coon but will NOT share dogfood at all.
dont think breeding him to a jackedup lipper female would be good at this point,but other halfbrothers should be ok..will know in a few more breedings..

good luck with whatever you try.

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 01-18-2015 09:51 PM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

im not knocking house cruze,

another cross with cruze 4 times and 2 times house lawyer with finley river linebred filling out the rest worked on 4 generations...

but seen 1 fellas dog had finley river dan 3 times on 3 generations and would run all dogs off tree if you didnt get light on him first..saw him swim creek to my dogs ,sounded like motoboat ,growling with water running in his mouth while he was swiming.lol.

dont know if was too much dan blood or something else cause the problem..

maybe someone else knows that may have tryed linebreeding on dan...

wildbills101@yahoo

Old Post 01-18-2015 10:18 PM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wildbill
linebreeding is only way to get what you want ,but like been said,,some lines wont work,too much hidden in family tree from outcross's.
sometimes too much of a good thing too close also can be bad but trail and errow is only way to find it.

example i lindbreed on house and certain finleyriver linebred blood for the last 30+ yrs..

havent had problems with linebreeding houseclint unless too much of one son is used.have clint 20 + times without trouble.
but when putting house cruze 6+ times in 4 generations whamo,,pups try to kill each other off if not separted by time they are eating feed..had 2 pups left out 5 by time they were12 weeks old..

have 1 male here with lipper 4 times in 4 generations ,will share killing a coon but will NOT share dogfood at all.
dont think breeding him to a jackedup lipper female would be good at this point,but other halfbrothers should be ok..will know in a few more breedings..

good luck with whatever you try.

after reading this forgot to add this dog also had bozo 3 times with the lipper ,so i think a linbred outcross from these 2 dogs might be way to go from here.

wildbills101@yahoo

Old Post 01-18-2015 10:29 PM
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

a linebred female i got from abshire to work some pups with.
she been layed up for a few yrs ,told me have to tune her up,,lol
all she needs is some fat run off,she stayed treed for over 2 1/2 hrs last night before we could get to her..that was the 3rd tree of the night.pulled her off each tree and sent on from tree ,went away from truck instead toward it,,my luck.as always,
she was close to 1 1/2 + - miles away and could still hear her. not bad for an old dog.wouldnt been so bad if we hadnt had to walk 1 1/2 miles back the other way to get the truck,,tryed calling squalling the dogs back to us ,didnt work,pup wouldnt come back neither...

if you want dogs that do this kind of stuff linebreeding is where its at..trying to figure which of dogs in her ped throw these traits,i hunted with macks littlejoe and he made treeing coon look easy,if he could be zeroxed everybody would be spoiled to where they would be a lot more culling these days..

here's sally ped,where u think she gets her stuff from?linebreeding maybe?

......................................house lawyer
.......................double tough lawyer
......................................doubletough tess
.............stylish double tough
......................................deanwood drifter
........................whiteys singing ruby
.......................................web's cindy
..house's pine mt. sally
.....................................sacket jr.
........................rockriver sting
......................................rockriver lucy
............harolds uptown smoking sugar
.......................................mack's little joe
..........................high bawling sue
........................................house's shade of glory

wildbills101@yahoo

Old Post 01-24-2015 08:54 PM
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wildbill
a linebred female i got from abshire to work some pups with.
she been layed up for a few yrs ,told me have to tune her up,,lol
all she needs is some fat run off,she stayed treed for over 2 1/2 hrs last night before we could get to her..that was the 3rd tree of the night.pulled her off each tree and sent on from tree ,went away from truck instead toward it,,my luck.as always,
she was close to 1 1/2 + - miles away and could still hear her. not bad for an old dog.wouldnt been so bad if we hadnt had to walk 1 1/2 miles back the other way to get the truck,,tryed calling squalling the dogs back to us ,didnt work,pup wouldnt come back neither...

if you want dogs that do this kind of stuff linebreeding is where its at..trying to figure which of dogs in her ped throw these traits,i hunted with macks littlejoe and he made treeing coon look easy,if he could be zeroxed everybody would be spoiled to where they would be a lot more culling these days..

here's sally ped,where u think she gets her stuff from?linebreeding maybe?

......................................house lawyer
.......................double tough lawyer
......................................doubletough tess
.............stylish double tough
......................................deanwood drifter
........................whiteys singing ruby
.......................................web's cindy
..house's pine mt. sally
.....................................sacket jr.
........................rockriver sting
......................................rockriver lucy
............harolds uptown smoking sugar
.......................................mack's little joe
..........................high bawling sue
........................................house's shade of glory

almost 3000 views an no more comments,,come on folks join in.
anybody know what cindy lucy and glory is out of??

i'm wanting to breed to something house linebred with lawyer blood as many times as can get,, anybody know if any still around??

wildbills101@yahoo

Old Post 01-27-2015 01:30 AM
Jason Gillespie
UKC Forum Member

JMO

I feel what a lot of you are saying ,The hounds of today are not like the ones our dads and grandfathers hunted , A lot of that falls on us as breeders, The main reason we are in this situation is MONEY!!!!!! Greed has gotten in the way of our sport . Its fellas that go way back and try to bring back the hounds of yesteryear to today that will truly have a impact on our breed. Im going back to Rock ,Which my family hunted these hounds years ago , I am starting my program over with my Double Lipper bred Bitch who is a grandpup of Rock I bred her to a direct son of Rock, She has 7 matching letters in her DNA, If some of you know what that means , She will Dominate with a Dominant reproducer to produce her likeness. I should be were I want to be next year.

Cross for 2016
................................................Finley River Chief
...................................Spring Creek CB
................................................Monroes Cindy
....................Spring Creek Rock
................................................Stone County Boss
...................................Willow Slough Kate
................................................Miller's Sue
..........Odysseys Eliminator Limo
................................................Minklers Kansas Rock
...................................Moore's Little Maggie
................................................Kansas Jill
....................Odyssey's Spring Creek Maggie
................................................Spring Creek Radar
...................................Moore's Little Maggie
................................................Grimes Banjo Rosie

(SIRE) Lay-Ups Spring Creek Drifter

................................................Lipper's lil Buddy
...................................Rubles Die-Hard Lipper
................................................Rubles Stylish Lady
....................Rubles Die-Hard Jackpot
................................................Odysseys Eliminator Limo
...................................Coots Rockin Lady
................................................Bolden's Stylish Dot
...........Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy
................................................Rat Attack
...................................Big Creek Rat Tat
................................................Deepsouth HC Boogie
.....................Jenkins Pine Lake Tracy
................................................Lippers lil Buddy
...................................Lippers lil Lady
................................................Sheltons Jane

..................................................Poor Boys Chainsaw
...................................Poor Boys Crazy Cooter
..................................................Poor Boys June III
.................Mcdowells Buzz
..................................................Stylish Harry
...................................Poor Boys Lady
..................................................PoorBoysFatLadySing
......Triple M Drifter

..................................................Poor Boys Crazy Cooter
...................................Poor Boys Sport
..................................................Poor Boys Flash
.................Poor Boys Queenie
..................................................Poor Boys Chainsaw
...................................Poor Boys Loud
..................................................Deer Creek Queen

(DAM) Lay-Ups Finley River Gypsy A.K.A Girl

...................................................Crystal Creeks Kid
....................................Finley River Nite Hawk
...................................................Finley River Crickett
...................Finley River Boomer
...................................................Finley River Lonnie
....................................Finley River Trickle
...................................................Cross Creek Maggie
..........Triple M Lorry
...................................................Stylish Clover
....................................Stylish Ironman
...................................................Gold Medal Sable
...................Truitts Clair
...................................................Stylish Easy
....................................Stylish Kate
...................................................Little Sassy

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Old Post 01-27-2015 12:36 PM
Jason Gillespie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Gillespie Click here to Send Jason Gillespie a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Gillespie Find more posts by Jason Gillespie Add Jason Gillespie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ashlock
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
When you breed the female you are talking about to the male with the certain trait(hard treeing) you will get some like him, some like her, some a cross in between the two, or like one of the grandparents?
Too many apples in the basket for me.
I want to know what they are going to look like, sound like and act like for the most part.Tweak a little here and there.
Transportation has never affected breeding, Coon hunters will go! lol
Line breeding was not done because of an economic state it is a tool.
Horse breeders, cattleman, Gamefowl fanciers all use it.

One of the top cattleman in the USA, Dr. Vineyard told me one time, "When I asked how to start the best small herd i could"
He said" If you do not start with full sisters and be extremely careful to find a balanced male with the same traits you will never get there. They will never be the same,No amount of money will do it.
As a breeder i am looking for the same consistent product.

Yes a T.W. bred to a T.W. will produce little treeing walkers like a box of chocolates.

this is a fact.. inbreedin and linebreeding are tools indeed and used correctly you will see a stable family arise and they will indeed throw consistant traits into their offspring. now the downside, if you are not an experienced breeder or do not cull properly you do not need to be inbreeding or youll likely do more harm than good.. it bringsnthe best out as well as the bad.. i ran buuldogs for 20 years and had a great family of dogs..

Old Post 01-27-2015 05:50 PM
ashlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ashlock Click here to Send ashlock a Private Message Click Here to Email ashlock Find more posts by ashlock Add ashlock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ashlock
New UKC Forum Member

I know this is not a bulldog forum, just giving an example of how inbreeding can be used to create a family of dogs.. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.co...p;dog_id=418622

Old Post 01-27-2015 05:56 PM
ashlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ashlock Click here to Send ashlock a Private Message Click Here to Email ashlock Find more posts by ashlock Add ashlock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ashlock
I know this is not a bulldog forum, just giving an example of how inbreeding can be used to create a family of dogs.. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.co...p;dog_id=418622

yep thats the way its done.

wildbills101@yahoo

Old Post 01-28-2015 12:28 AM
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Went back and read a article by a man that was a remarkable family( line bred) breeder and here were some of his notes, thought I would pass them along. I have found everything he said thru the years to be true.

Quotes: It is almost impossible to breed anything that have allot of different genes in them.

Genes that affect your look and performance go back mostly to 4 generations. Try and lock the 4 generations.

Intelligent Selection is the name of the game.

Environment is 50%.( wow!)

Most families are ruined by adding a new blood or by making a bad choice in the ones you breed back.

The ones you choose to breed back, without allot of mixed up genes to deal with you will see the good characteristics passed on to the next generation.

Old Post 02-07-2015 03:02 PM
Trinket clark
UKC Forum Member

Works well for me.

What I like about line breeding is, One you know about what your going to get a big majority of the time. If you start with a good tight family of dogs that hasn't been watered down through out the yrs that's half the battle..If your smart about what you breed them to, your line should gradually improve in the direction you want them to. Out crosses are necessary once in awhile forsure. When i make a out cross I personally like for the outcross dog to be either from a heavy line bred family also or at least have the same family of dogs I run either on the top side or bottom side. This is what has worked for me over the yrs. Sometimes I get lucky and get exactly what I was breeding for and something very special comes out of the cross. But a lot of the times I just get good OL' Coon Dogs..dogs I know where they've come from, where they've been, and in what direction I'm trying to head them in (to suit me). Not to say I don't throw a monkey wrench in the mix once in awhile just to see what happens. It's fun and exciting for me and my family..Good Hunting to all...and remember if you enjoy what you have it really doesn't matter what anyone else does, life is short, so enjoy yourself in what ever you do. God Bless!

~Grntch Chestnut Grove Ben Semen(Full Brother to Uplinger's Joe & Son of Logan's Wild Clover x Sandy Creek Daisy) Not For Sale - Frank Hummel/Jason Clark

~Grntch Hardwood Whiner/Rolling Hills Hunter Semen(Son of Durbin's Rambler x Rolling Hills Jane) Not For Sale

~Dual ch.Brookshiers Finley River Driver(2007 Walker days 1st place & high scoring walker male sat) (Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~3 Wins to Grand, Nitch Clark's Mr.Wilson HTX(Driver x Cane River Cry Babe) Qualified 2014, 2016 UKC World Hunt
~Brookshier's Finley River Salty (Grntch. Brookshier's Finley River Sting x Cane River Trudy,Trudy is a Littermate to Wilson and Sassy)
~Nitch Cane River Sassy (Driver x Cane River Cry Babe)Qualified 2012 UKC World Hunt
~Clark's Finley River Spot(Finley River Zig x Ramblin Jane) Winer and Ramblin Jane are Brother&Sister
~Clark's Rolling Hills Skinner (Grntch Hardwood Winer x Clark's Finley River Spot)
~Nitch Brookshier's Crosscountry Gert. (Uncle Lee x Crosscountry music) Daughter of Lone Pine Dewey
~Brookshier's Fullblown Rage (Uncle Lee x Finley River Molly ) Daughter of F.R. Lonnie x Fulkerson's F.R. Suzy
~Brookshier's Otter Creek Dan (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Little Lady (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Penns. Scooby (Denny Burn's Willie x Backwater Kate ,Uncle Lee's mother)

Last edited by Trinket clark on 02-11-2015 at 11:30 PM

Old Post 02-11-2015 11:27 PM
Trinket clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trinket clark Click here to Send Trinket clark a Private Message Click Here to Email Trinket clark Find more posts by Trinket clark Add Trinket clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Gillespie
UKC Forum Member

Re: Works well for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Trinket clark
What I like about line breeding is, One you know about what your going to get a big majority of the time. If you start with a good tight family of dogs that hasn't been watered down through out the yrs that's half the battle..If your smart about what you breed them to, your line should gradually improve in the direction you want them to. Out crosses are necessary once in awhile forsure. When i make a out cross I personally like for the outcross dog to be either from a heavy line bred family also or at least have the same family of dogs I run either on the top side or bottom side. This is what has worked for me over the yrs. Sometimes I get lucky and get exactly what I was breeding for and something very special comes out of the cross. But a lot of the times I just get good OL' Coon Dogs..dogs I know where they've come from, where they've been, and in what direction I'm trying to head them in (to suit me). Not to say I don't throw a monkey wrench in the mix once in awhile just to see what happens. It's fun and exciting for me and my family..Good Hunting to all...and remember if you enjoy what you have it really doesn't matter what anyone else does, life is short, so enjoy yourself in what ever you do. God Bless!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Old Post 02-12-2015 11:17 AM
Jason Gillespie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Gillespie Click here to Send Jason Gillespie a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Gillespie Find more posts by Jason Gillespie Add Jason Gillespie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trinket clark
UKC Forum Member

Take a look at the Brookshier Bred Hounds,

Several Decades of Line Breeding the best to the best, breeding for specific traits. Nothing has been watered down., old stuff to old stuff, coon dog to coon dog, Strait off the farm right to your door step, no additives or preservatives here Boys. This should cure what ever ales ya. God Bless and Good Hunting!

Old Post 02-15-2015 03:08 PM
Robert Starke
UKC Forum Member

Gr Nt Ch Finley River Dan

Hi,

Dan was the best reproducing son of Chief. I have line bred dogs off Dan for 40+ years.

Finley River Dan, Finley River Dan 3, Finley River Jeff, Blue Mountain Finley River Lonnie, Jackson"s Finley River Tom, Finley River Zoom, and Finley River Zig.

Come take a hunt. Finley River Chief is the cornerstone of the Walker breed. JMO

Good Hunting,
Robert

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Wild Bill's Lill 21.05% reproduction record
Starke's Finley River Little Lill
Dual Gr. Ch. Wild Bill's Queen UKC RQE 112 winner 725+ 2006 UKC World Hunt qualifier
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Rattler 2
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sadie
Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.TrackMan's Stone Cold HTX 2009 UKC World Hunt qualifier 2009 UKC World Hunt Zone 5 Hunt 14th place 2011 UKC World Hunt qualifier
Dual Ch. PKC Ch.Track Man's Mad Dash 2007 PKC SS qualifier 2008 UKC World Hunt qualifier 2011 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club High Scoring Dog of the Year 2011 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club Final Hunt winner 2012 MCHF Youth State Championship 2nd place 2012 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club High Scoring Dog of the Year
Gr. Ch. Finley River Cadillac Jane 2006 PKC Walker Days BOSF 2006 UKC RQE 74 Ch winner 2006 Trackman Invitational Queen of Show 2007 MCHF State Hunt Ch. female winner
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Cozi
Gr Nt Ch Starke's Finley River Super Man HTX 2017 Mid Mo Coonhunters Hunt Series Champion 2018 MCHF Dick Gray Memorial Hunt High Scoring Dog and King of the Hunt 2018 Mid-Mo Coonhunters Hunt Series Champion 2018 MCHF State Final Hunt the only double cast winner Final Four 3rd place winner 2019 BBCHA Sectional Madison, MO Gr Nt Ch/ Nt Ch Cast winner and High Scoring dog 2019 BBOA Richard Casey Tribute Hunt High Scoring Dog 750+ Thursday night and 825+ Friday night 2019 MCHF State Final Hunt Final Four 2nd place winner 2020 UKC World Hunt Qualifier at Marshall, MO March 21st

Dual Gr Ch Wild Bill's April 2016 UKC RQE 97 Ch winner

Gr. Ch. Starke's Finley River Jane 2006 UKC RQE 74 Gr Ch winner
Gr. Ch. Starke's Finley River Sugar 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Ch of Ch winner
Starke's Finley River Jake
Hoghill's Finley River Rip
Hoghill's Finley River Candie

Starke's Finley River Stubbie
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Tuff
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Steel
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Fame

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Jane
Gr Ch Starke's Finley River Ramblin Iron Man
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Bat Man

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Tanna
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Lightning
Starke"s Finley River Ramblin John Henry
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Dan
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sister
Starke's Finley River Diamond
Starke's Finley River General Robert E Lee

Starke's Finley River Stormy
Clark's Finley River Spot PKC cast / money winner
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sage

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Paige

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Lou HTX passed times 1 Littermate of
PKC Gold Ch Gr Nt Ch Snitch, mother of Batman

Gr Ch. Starke's Finley River Ramblin Emma HTX
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sugar Boy
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Randi
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Little Emma

Gr.Ch. Starke's Table Rock Jewell 2007 RQE 5 BOSF winner 2007 MCHF State Hunt BOSF winner 2009 RQE 28 Best of Show female winner 2009 MCHF State Hunt Ch of Ch Female winner 2010 MCHF State Hunt Gr Ch winner and Queen of Show 2010 Alan Reinkemeyer Memorial Queen of Show 2011 Gr Ch Louisiana State Championship 2012 NE Missouri Black & Tan Sectional Gr. Ch. female 2012 MCHF Spring Classic Gr Ch female 2012 UKC RQE 87 Gr Ch winner 2012 NE Missouri Treeing Walker Sectional Gr Ch winner 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Gr. Ch. winner 2012 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier 2012 Purina Nationals qualifier 2012 UKC Current Top 10 2012 MCHF Missouri State Show Dog of the Year

Gr Ch Little Walnut Queen Bathsheba 2011 SWTWA BFOS and Queen of Show 2011 MCHA State Hunt BFOS 2011 Oklahoma Federation State Hunt and Show BFOS 2012 MCHF State Hunt Ch Female and Queen of Show 2012 Oklahoma Federation State Hunt and Show Ch. Female 2012 Purina Nationals qualifier 2013 TWB&F Walker Days Gr. Ch. female and Queen of Show 2013 Kentucky State Championship Gr. Ch. female and Opposite Sex winner 2013 Purina Nationals qualifier 2013 ACHA World Hunt and Show BFOS 2014 Purina Nationals qualifier 2014 Lee Crawford Invitaional qualifier
Gr Ch Little Walnut Zipporah

Gr Ch A & B Preacher 2012 Saluda Days King of Show 2013 MCHF State Hunt Ch. winner and King of Show 2013 MO Governor's Cup State Hunt Ch. winner and King of Show 2014 RQE #11 Gr. Ch. winner 2014 Purina Nationals qualifier 2014 SWTWA Gr. Ch. winner 2014 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier 2014 Kansas State Championship Gr. Ch. winner both days 2014 UKC's Top 10 List 2014 Purina's Bench Show Top Ten List 2014 MCHF Summer Classic Gr. Ch. winner both days 2014 MCHF Summer Classic King of Show 2014 MCHF State Hunt and Show GR. Ch. Winner Friday 2014 MCHF Missouri State Show Dog of the Year 2015 Purina Nationals qualifier 2015 Kansas State Championship Friday Gr Ch winner 2016 Purina Nationals qualifier

Gr Ch Table Rock Reverend Mundo Hawk 2010 MCHF State Hunt Best Male of Show 2011 MCHF Spring Classic Gr. Ch. male and King of Show 2011 UKC RQE 88 Gr Ch male 2012 UKC RQE 87 Gr Ch male 2012 NE Missouri Treeing Walker Sectional Gr. Ch. male and King Of Show 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Gr. Ch. male 2012 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier

"Fast is Good. Accuracy is Everything." Wyatt Earp

Last edited by Robert Starke on 11-30-2015 at 10:34 AM

Old Post 11-30-2015 10:08 AM
Robert Starke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Starke Click here to Send Robert Starke a Private Message Find more posts by Robert Starke Add Robert Starke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HIDEHUNTER21
UKC Forum Member

Where do u hunt conrad? I hunt pigeon, taylors and all around lafayette. Just wondering if u hunt or just breed dogs

Pr. Woodards spider girl ( spider pup)
Pr lacy ( spider pup)

Old Post 12-01-2015 04:45 AM
HIDEHUNTER21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HIDEHUNTER21 Click here to Send HIDEHUNTER21 a Private Message Click Here to Email HIDEHUNTER21 Find more posts by HIDEHUNTER21 Add HIDEHUNTER21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pa.nitehunter
UKC Forum Member

I disagree yes mind reading can be helpful but linebreeding can also hurt you way more than help if you keep line breeding at some point you're going to get that dog's fault and all of themyou can say what you want about us but we are starting to breed dogs that do not cross the same bloodline the line breeding is what I feel is hurting these dogs todayyou talk about people getting off of the farm and not understanding breeding well I'm still on the farm we breed cattle and draft horses we have some of the top bloodlines going in the draft horse industry and we do linebreed breed and in factit is highly frowned upon you should not be able to look at a set of papersand see the same male dog in a four generation paper four or five timesjust my opinion

Old Post 12-02-2015 12:20 AM
pa.nitehunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pa.nitehunter Click here to Send pa.nitehunter a Private Message Find more posts by pa.nitehunter Add pa.nitehunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote