UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Tar Heel Nitro
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Justin B
UKC Forum Member

Tar Heel Nitro

every dog i own is out of him or goes back to him and their style of hunting fits what i like to hunt. all the ones i have been around have big locates and were classy tree dogs. i was wondering if anybody ever got to hunt with nitro himself and what kind of hound he was.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2009 06:00 PM
Justin B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin B Click here to Send Justin B a Private Message Click Here to Email Justin B Find more posts by Justin B Add Justin B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

TAR HEEL NITRO

GRAND CHAMPION NITE CHAMPION TAR HEEL NITRO

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Last edited by HistoryNutt on 12-12-2009 at 07:39 PM

Old Post 12-12-2009 08:28 AM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tinker1302
UKC Forum Member

I absolutely love Tar Heel Nitro!!!! Every dog I own goes back to him. But I just wanted to make a correction on HistoryNutt's post...I may be wrong but I don't believe Nitro ever was a grand night champion. I believe he was just a night champion.

As for hunting with him, no I never have. But the person I would say to ask for information about Nitro is Tony Ray.

CH'PR' BG's An X-Rated Stroll
2016 SC State Best Male of Show
2016 NC State Best Male of Show

CH'PR' Down And Dirty Lilly
2016 SC State Best Female of Show

'PR' BGs Tuck-Up Axel
2015 SC State Best Male of Show

R.I.P. CH'PR' Heza Whiskey Man
2012 WV State Best Male of Show
2013 VA State Best Male of Show

R.I.P. CH'PR' Blairs Lil Ann

Old Post 12-12-2009 11:25 AM
tinker1302 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tinker1302 Click here to Send tinker1302 a Private Message Click Here to Email tinker1302 Find more posts by tinker1302 Add tinker1302 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

The first big name stud i ever bred one of my females to , he was a beautiful son of a gun with a big wide chest..Threw tree dogs !

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 12-12-2009 01:03 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin B
UKC Forum Member

looking at his picture i see where my dogs get their looks from. no nitro was not a GRNITECH just a NITECH.

Old Post 12-12-2009 02:15 PM
Justin B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin B Click here to Send Justin B a Private Message Click Here to Email Justin B Find more posts by Justin B Add Justin B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tree_dogs
UKC Forum Member

nitro

I hunted with him when he was a pup, and then hunted with him when he was older. Nice hound with a good mouth, plenty of looks and good reproducing ability !!!

Old Post 12-13-2009 04:46 AM
tree_dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tree_dogs Click here to Send tree_dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email tree_dogs Find more posts by tree_dogs Add tree_dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larry_hicks_jr
UKC Forum Member

nitro

I have a direct male of tar heel nitro here in illinois.
The man I bought him from owned him from 14 weeks old until I bought him . I have him in with a female that is direct out of buck creek buck. . Molly is her name and she produced tbe 2011 berrders stake junior champion.
He hunts good and listend real good. But he's getting old.
He's a handsome hound now I bet he sure was a looker when he was young. Located in blandinsville illnois
217-242-4323

Old Post 10-30-2011 02:04 PM
larry_hicks_jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry_hicks_jr Click here to Send larry_hicks_jr a Private Message Click Here to Email larry_hicks_jr Find more posts by larry_hicks_jr Add larry_hicks_jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mackfixxer
UKC Forum Member

I was reading the post above mine and thought it was kinda funny that I got my direct nitro female from a guy named larry hicks here in NC. Like yours, she's getting pretty old but I've yet to have a better dog than her she trees like a machine gun, and a mouth like no other. The only thing is she was spayed when she got an infection back in her early years. I will definitely be looking for a nitro pup in the future.

Old Post 10-30-2011 02:43 PM
mackfixxer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mackfixxer Click here to Send mackfixxer a Private Message Click Here to Email mackfixxer Find more posts by mackfixxer Add mackfixxer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

THE CLOSEST YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET TO NITRO UNLESS YOU GET SEMEN ON HIM IS A GRANDPUP.

OUR SID DOG IS DIRECT OFF OF NITRO. HE'S OUR SECOND NITRO DOG. THEY ARE ALL JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DESCRIBED.

SID IS 10 YEARS OLD NOW, BUT HE'S STILL IN GOOD HEALTH AND STILL PRODUCING SUPERNICE DOGS, AND WE PRAY HE WILL BE WITH US FOR SEVERAL MORE YEARS.

ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT DONT LIKE THE NITRO LINE OF DOGS NEVER GOT TO HUNT WITH A DOG LIKE SID OR HANK. THEY HAVE MORE HEART AND DRIVE AND PERSONALITY THAN ALOT OF THE DOGS TODAY.

I WISH WE HAD A DOZEN MORE LIKE HANK AND SID.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 10-30-2011 03:15 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlueTickNC
Banned

TARHEEL DISCO OUT OF NITRO AND A RIVER BEND FLAG FEMALE HE IS 12 AND STILL THROWING PUPS IVE ALWAYS LIKED THIS BLOOD!!!!!!!

Nite ch'PR' Rats Molly
2nd place 2007 UKC WORLD HUNT

Nite ch' PR' Southern Pines Squirt

PR' Slow Talkin Sadie

PR' Anderson Wild n Blue Pump

Robby Anderson
336-466-6716

Old Post 10-31-2011 03:01 AM
BlueTickNC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlueTickNC Click here to Send BlueTickNC a Private Message Click Here to Email BlueTickNC Find more posts by BlueTickNC Add BlueTickNC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Gardin
UKC Forum Member

NITRO

I HUNTED NITRO AS MUTCH AS ANY ONE BESIDES DANNY GIBSON THAT RAISED HIM AND SOLD HIM TO FRANK G WHERE ALLEN BOUGHT HIM I THINK I WAS THE ONE THAT MADE THE PHOTO IN THE ADD HE WAS NOT HUNTED AFTER HE WAS 4 YEAR OLD OR SO WE PICKED HIM UP OUT OF HWY 49 A MAJOR ROAD IN OUR COUNTRY THE LAST TIME HE WAS HUNTED HERE TONY BOUGHT HIM AFTER ALLEN DIED FROM CANCER NITRO WAS A NICE DOG WAS ONE HAED TREE DOG AND LOOKED REAL GOOD BY HIM SELF AT 3 OR 4 AM REAL LOUD AND HIS PUPS STARTED EARLY WITH BIG MOUYHS HE WAS A HARD HEADED DOG WAS NOT EASY TO CORRECT BUT HANDLED GOOD WOULD HEEL OUT HARD TO GET OFF A DEAD COON.

Old Post 10-31-2011 10:37 AM
David Gardin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Gardin Click here to Send David Gardin a Private Message Click Here to Email David Gardin Find more posts by David Gardin Add David Gardin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

i hunted with nitro and he was one heck of a hound no matter where you dropped him. Allen and Jeff never did blow smoke about nito. Nitro spoke for hisself. I just hate he did not live as long as some others. But he did prove he could reproduce. And he could have been the best reproducer off of Sackett Jr.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 10-31-2011 02:48 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

Re: NITRO

quote:
Originally posted by David Gardin
HARD TO GET OFF A DEAD COON.

SO THAT'S WHERE HANK AND SID GOT IT FROM! YOU PRACTICALLY HAD TO CHOKE THEM OUT TO GET THEM OFF OF ONE!

THE HARDER YOU PULL, THE TIGHTER THEY BITE!

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 10-31-2011 03:19 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Re: NITRO

quote:
Originally posted by David Gardin
NITRO WAS A NICE DOG WAS ONE HAED TREE DOG AND LOOKED REAL GOOD BY HIM SELF AT 3 OR 4 AM REAL LOUD AND HIS PUPS STARTED EARLY WITH BIG MOUTHS HE WAS A HARD HEADED DOG WAS NOT EASY TO CORRECT BUT HANDLED GOOD WOULD HEEL OUT HARD TO GET OFF A DEAD COON.

sounds very familiar....

Lone Pine North

Old Post 10-31-2011 03:52 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travis keeton
UKC Forum Member

crow

hilbily
in west va has a ntch cove run crow if i remember he should be 11 out of nitro

PERFORMANCE SIRE
NT.CH. BUBBAS BUCKEYE BEAMER
740-601-2944

Old Post 10-31-2011 04:15 PM
travis keeton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis keeton Click here to Send travis keeton a Private Message Click Here to Email travis keeton Find more posts by travis keeton Add travis keeton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hilbily
UKC Forum Member

True

I have Ol' Crow and when I get tired of following pups around and want to see the meat Crow is the MAN !
Classy, forever sit down and chop till dawn. No reverse
Will not leave a dead coon as stated above. If you leave it on the ground and cut him again in the vicinity he will go back get it and bring it to you with a look on his face that you forgot something.

We have breed two real good Gyps recently and hope it works out... He is getting up there in age.
Not a all grand fancy paper cross a COONDOG to COONDOG cross.
Thanks to Travis for providing me the oppurtinity to have Crow in my kennel.

Old Post 10-31-2011 04:48 PM
hilbily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilbily Click here to Send hilbily a Private Message Find more posts by hilbily Add hilbily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joe massey
UKC Forum Member

daughter had a nice female off nitro an a female off coma man what a mouth made ntch in four hunts two firsts an a second with 475 plus won two ntch cast then died having pups she was fast on strike an track three bawl locate then hold ur ears when you got to r
tree would like to have a seman pup if they were availeable

Old Post 10-31-2011 04:58 PM
joe massey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joe massey Click here to Send joe massey a Private Message Find more posts by joe massey Add joe massey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travis keeton
UKC Forum Member

crow

Hilbily
Here is a pic of ole crow back in march of 08

PERFORMANCE SIRE
NT.CH. BUBBAS BUCKEYE BEAMER
740-601-2944

Old Post 10-31-2011 05:33 PM
travis keeton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis keeton Click here to Send travis keeton a Private Message Click Here to Email travis keeton Find more posts by travis keeton Add travis keeton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hilbily
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Travis,

Love the Pic. Folks still ask about him in these parts didn't take long for him to be a topic of converstation when it comes to treeing coons. Yes folks he has a few holes and might tree a grinner from time to time. But at 11 if he wants a grinner he can have it ( not to many).
Tar Heel Nitro and Flag Breed hounds are getting pretty thined out.....
**Kudos to those that still have the Nitro Blood and continue to believe in this line of hounds** Your doing it for a reason :-)

Old Post 10-31-2011 05:55 PM
hilbily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilbily Click here to Send hilbily a Private Message Find more posts by hilbily Add hilbily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockett42
UKC Forum Member

Nitro

I bought Rock River Rockett from Tim Ball in July of 98. He was a full littermate to Nitro. I called the owner of Nitro before i bought Rockett and talked to him about the whole litter. There was another littermate called Jack that was advertised as a stud for a while that was a pretty nice hound also. I cant remember who owned Nitro at that time but he told me Nitro was a nice hound but was a little lazy a lot of the time, somtimes did not want to hunt by himself. Rockett was a real nice hound and looked real nice in thick coon, and was one of the best looking hounds that ever lived. I sold him to Keith Dean and Phillip Strickland and I think they were in the final four of the truck hunt when Sunrise won it I think. Nitro and Rockett were big Red headed blanket back dogs and the Jack dog was open spotted. I think they all were over looked in the stud pen. I like a little of this blood in all my hounds...Thanks,,,Roger Hughes

Old Post 10-31-2011 06:28 PM
rockett42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockett42 Click here to Send rockett42 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockett42 Find more posts by rockett42 Add rockett42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BackBay
UKC Forum Member

I have a hound out of Nitros Gypsi which is out of Nitro and Roanoke River Grace and he is out of Speck on the top.

I wonderd where some of his traits came from he is a Loud, big beautiful calm hound, belly on the wood tree dog until you shoot a coon out, once he gets fur in his mouth he is a mad man it is an all out brawl trying to get a coon from him.

Here is a picture of him and my son. The Coons are on top of the dog box and tailgate shut for a reason! haha

would love to hear about some more traits of his

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums...ttCoonhunt2.jpg

Jeff D

Old Post 10-31-2011 06:40 PM
BackBay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BackBay Click here to Send BackBay a Private Message Click Here to Email BackBay Find more posts by BackBay Add BackBay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockett42
UKC Forum Member

You said what I wanted, without hurting somones feelings.......

Old Post 10-31-2011 07:53 PM
rockett42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockett42 Click here to Send rockett42 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockett42 Find more posts by rockett42 Add rockett42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Gardin
UKC Forum Member

LAZY

MIKE LAZY HE WAS NOT THE REASON HE WAS NOT GRAND HE WAS NOT HUNTED AS A NTCH ALLEN WAS BREEDING HIM EVERY FEW DAYS WHAT THE REASON FOR GRANDING HIM ALLEN WAS A COMP HUNTER ABOVE ALL AND ONE THAT HAD WON ALOT AND SAID HE STUDED NITRO MORE THAN ALL THE OTHER GRAND NIGHTS HE OWNED PUT TOGEATHER .

Old Post 10-31-2011 08:31 PM
David Gardin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Gardin Click here to Send David Gardin a Private Message Click Here to Email David Gardin Find more posts by David Gardin Add David Gardin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

All you Nitro lovers need to look at Randy Davis Grnitech mud run Milo off nitro and a coma female.Just as good in the woods as he is in the studpen. Ive hunted with some dandies off him. He produced walker days winner Lil Miss Milo who also kicked ass at the Russ Meyer hunt....Milo has been in the finals of the world hunt himself several times

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Last edited by Dwils on 10-31-2011 at 09:07 PM

Old Post 10-31-2011 09:00 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

i owned a direct son off nitro that passed away in 2010 i guess he was the smartest hound ive owned started early was independent would stayed treed all night.wasnt a ill bone in him that day i walked out to his house and he was stiff a hole went through me just about quit. i would take a truck load off him the female was off sam salywer in wv

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 10-31-2011 09:54 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote