UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > BLAKESLEY REDBONES - A Tribute to Roy Blakesley
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

I believe Mr Finder does

he does, he sent me these photos in the mail, but I have not heard from him since and I don't have hos phone number or contact info. If someone has it can you p.m. it to me. Thanks John

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-14-2015 09:09 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

I did some research & with some advice from Mr. Pelzer I found a male pup that will make a great cross with my Northern Queen Isabella. It will be 2 years or so but I will be breeding her. I'm trying hard to make sure I stay true to the square face, long low ears, & awesome hunting line my Grandpa had. My Isabella is a great, great. Ect.... Grandaughter to Northern Chief so the new Blakesley Redbones with have the old Blakesley blood in them. So If your looking for a Redbone in the next couple years, I might have what your looking for.

Old Post 07-18-2015 06:55 AM
HeathBlakesley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HeathBlakesley Click here to Send HeathBlakesley a Private Message Click Here to Email HeathBlakesley Find more posts by HeathBlakesley Add HeathBlakesley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Easy to find his number---REDBOOK!!

Golden Girl is spaded and her sister doesn't seem to want to have pups per Terry. And I think Joe was bred to a Sawblade bred female once when Jimmy was still alive.

Old Post 07-19-2015 09:47 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlredbones
UKC Forum Member

Nice to see information for what i considered the strongest line in the redbone breed. I started purchasing my Blakesley bred redbones from Dave Pelzer many years ago back when i had more hair, less aches and pains and no silver white in my mustache. Must be 20 plus years now. We had some good ones and still do There was Jaws, Jamin, Jazzi, Jabba, Jangles, and from them we had others. Jaws i must say was my favorite all around coonhond he did it all with class. Were hunters, not comp hunters, but hunters just the same. We have run on bear and coon for years. These hounds have proven them selves as hunters and are what i consider houndy hounds true and good hounds.
Wanted to share some words about these hounds and am glad to see some are working to keep this line going. We will be breeding some of our stock as well in the future will keep those that have interest posted.

Old Post 08-02-2015 04:54 PM
jlredbones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jlredbones Click here to Send jlredbones a Private Message Click Here to Email jlredbones Visit jlredbones's homepage! Find more posts by jlredbones Add jlredbones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Who else

has Blakesley

Old Post 11-26-2015 01:24 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Blakesley Redbone Pups

My Blakesley bitch had her litter. 4 males & 5 females, if interested shoot me an email or reply to this post. I'll send pictures of the papers for the Dam & Sire if interested. let me know. I had requests for 6 pups before I bred her & a few people backed out because of unplanned expenses(a couple of them got their wifes pregnant ect...) so I have to get aholed of the rest and find out who is still gonna get one but first come, first served! there is one male pup that I may keep but the other 8 are up for grabs.

The Dam, Blakesley's Northern Isabella

The Sire, Blakesley's Northern Geronimo

Last edited by HeathBlakesley on 05-10-2017 at 03:33 AM

Old Post 05-10-2017 03:16 AM
HeathBlakesley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HeathBlakesley Click here to Send HeathBlakesley a Private Message Click Here to Email HeathBlakesley Find more posts by HeathBlakesley Add HeathBlakesley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Good Luck Heath---

Those are some nice bred pups you have there.

This weekend I made the trip down to Terry's with Rose and bred to his Ranger hound.

He carries a couple litter mates to the Timmy hound I had back in the late 90's which went back to Norman Lufcy and Roy Blakesley blood, also Red Oak Mike. On top is his Great Grandsire Robbie Farrs old Zack, Grandsire is Redman and also up close is Rambln Red Ace ll

He is an old cold nose hound that because of his age, brings those old hounds up as close as I could find. Both parents of these pups are "open" on track and good tree hounds---time will tell??

Last edited by OLD TIMER on 05-11-2017 at 06:00 PM

Old Post 05-11-2017 04:18 AM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Better than expected!

A big thank you to Dave Pelzer once again! I did some research to find just the right male to breed my Blakesley female & asked Dave what he thought of the bloodlines I was looking at. He confirmed that the pups from Old Dan & Jill from Night Train Kennels out of Cleveland, Georgia was the way to go & boy was it! these pups are pure BEASTS!!! Smart, LOUD, LOUD, LOUD, fantastic Bawl mouth, great problem solvers! I had my pick of the litter treeing at 7 1/2 weeks! I'll try & post some pictures if I can remember my Photobucket password, lol. These are some of the best dogs I've seen in a long time. I was going for the best hunting dogs I could on this litter & I didn't really care about the looks so much but I got the best of both worlds anyway. Thanks again Dave! I have great respect for you & can't thank you enough for all the advice & above all, thanks for keeping the bloodline going!

Old Post 07-15-2017 01:26 PM
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

here is the pick of the litter & I'm keeping him!
Blakesley's Northern Apache

Old Post 07-15-2017 01:57 PM
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Apache Treeing at 7 1/2 weeks old

Old Post 07-15-2017 02:00 PM
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

some of the gang

Old Post 07-15-2017 02:10 PM
finch
UKC Forum Member

Those are fine-looking pups. I especially like your pick. Very handsome. Any chance the sire was that Hammerin' Hank dog out of Jill and Dan? I sure like his looks. Best of luck with your new pup.

Tom

Last edited by finch on 07-15-2017 at 05:44 PM

Old Post 07-15-2017 05:37 PM
finch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finch Click here to Send finch a Private Message Find more posts by finch Add finch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

The sire is a pup I bought out of Old Dan & Jill that I named Blakesley's Northern Geronimo. Great dog with Old Dan's mouth but louder, you can tell its him from a mile away! Never heard anything like it before, it sounds like a heavy bawl while someone is squeezing his nuts! Lol Hank is from a couple litters before mine & he's a great dog too.

Old Post 07-15-2017 08:21 PM
finch
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. Again, good luck with that pup. Super nice looking.

Old Post 07-15-2017 09:20 PM
finch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finch Click here to Send finch a Private Message Find more posts by finch Add finch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.Conaway
UKC Forum Member

Old Timer

I would love to talk to you sometime about this line of dogs. If you would call me and leave your number I would return your call in the evening time. 573-743-3075. thanks for your time ,,,,,,,Gary

Old Post 07-19-2017 05:26 PM
G.Conaway is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.Conaway Click here to Send G.Conaway a Private Message Click Here to Email G.Conaway Find more posts by G.Conaway Add G.Conaway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Any more

Blakesley dogs out there??

Old Post 10-26-2019 09:50 PM