UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > BLAKESLEY REDBONES - A Tribute to Roy Blakesley
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rpfirman
UKC Forum Member

Another of Roy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-25-2015 08:40 PM
rpfirman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rpfirman Click here to Send rpfirman a Private Message Click Here to Email rpfirman Find more posts by rpfirman Add rpfirman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rpfirman
UKC Forum Member

Another of Roy

Sorry i got two of the same.

Old Post 06-27-2015 03:36 PM
rpfirman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rpfirman Click here to Send rpfirman a Private Message Click Here to Email rpfirman Find more posts by rpfirman Add rpfirman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

ron

what year are these pictures? or what year was the redbook you got them from?

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-27-2015 04:49 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Great pics

Thanks for posting those pics of my grandpa! I have some too & will post them soon. Been busy building my new kennel runs. I have a lot on my plate this summer. Thanks again OLD TIMER & rpfirman

Last edited by HeathBlakesley on 06-27-2015 at 07:11 PM

Old Post 06-27-2015 06:33 PM
HeathBlakesley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HeathBlakesley Click here to Send HeathBlakesley a Private Message Click Here to Email HeathBlakesley Find more posts by HeathBlakesley Add HeathBlakesley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Northern Chief & his mother in the backround

Old Post 06-27-2015 08:09 PM
HeathBlakesley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HeathBlakesley Click here to Send HeathBlakesley a Private Message Click Here to Email HeathBlakesley Find more posts by HeathBlakesley Add HeathBlakesley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Roy & Red Blakesley> not sure what dogs those are

Old Post 06-27-2015 08:13 PM
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Roy Blakesley & again I'm not sure of the dog but I think its either Northern Chief or Northern Todd

Old Post 06-27-2015 08:16 PM
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

This is Northern Queen Isabella & I. Shes a little more than 6 months in this picture & she"ll be 8 months the 3rd of July

Old Post 06-27-2015 08:36 PM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking pup

Heath

Old Post 06-28-2015 05:45 AM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
County Line
UKC Forum Member

blakesley coondogs..

heath blakesley, that name sounds good for the blakesley redbones. good to see you in the pic. with that good looking fm.. bet red & roy are proud of this one also.. hope to see more pic. & lots of luck in your future with your redbones.....

Old Post 06-28-2015 02:50 PM
County Line is offline Click Here to See the Profile for County Line Click here to Send County Line a Private Message Click Here to Email County Line Find more posts by County Line Add County Line to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rpfirman
UKC Forum Member

HERSH

These picture's came from the 1960's

Old Post 06-28-2015 04:07 PM
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Herschel Burt, are you related to any Burts from Mankato, MN.? That's my mothers side of the family, her name was Gloria Burt before she married my dad.

Old Post 06-28-2015 08:31 PM
finch
UKC Forum Member

Isabella

Very pretty female. Good luck with her.

Old Post 06-28-2015 08:34 PM
finch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finch Click here to Send finch a Private Message Find more posts by finch Add finch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

HEATH----

Pretty sure that the picture of Roy and Red, Roy has Northern Chief matches the picture I have of them??

The top one maybe is River Chief?? Todd was a lot more leggy hound and Northern Chief had that real square blocky head.

Old Post 06-29-2015 01:12 AM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HeathBlakesley
Herschel Burt, are you related to any Burts from Mankato, MN.? That's my mothers side of the family, her name was Gloria Burt before she married my dad.

Its possible, I'm not up on my linage lol, now ask me about my redbones that's another story HAHA

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-29-2015 01:56 AM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rpfirman
UKC Forum Member

Here is another Blakesley's picture

Old Post 06-29-2015 11:39 AM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

I received

a really nice letter and pictures from a well know long time Redbone Fancier, Mr. Terry Finder. Terry was good friends with Roy and Red and Bob Stoll. These hounds are all directly out of Stoll's Red Scout and they are the results of an couple of AI breeding that were made! Terry said that Jimmy Hollis a good friend who has now passed is to credit on these crosses.

Here is GRCH KMA Huckelberry Hound Joe (D.O.B April 15, 2010)

Scout x Annie

Last edited by timber hunter on 07-01-2015 at 04:08 AM

Old Post 07-01-2015 03:52 AM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

PR GRCH KMA One & Only Golden Girl

DOB 9-23, 2008

Scout x Anne

Old Post 07-01-2015 04:03 AM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

PR KMA My Sweet Georgia June

DOB 04-15, 2010

Scout x Hollis Annie

Thanks so much Terry, I would really love to see this female bred to my Tiger dog who was double bred Scout. Tigers father Nitech Deepwoods Northern Red GIZ was a grandson of Scout and was one of the very best coondogs and competition dogs I have ever owned!

Blessing and thanks again John Dell

Last edited by timber hunter on 07-01-2015 at 05:09 AM

Old Post 07-01-2015 04:07 AM
finch
UKC Forum Member

Terry Finder's Redbones

Beautiful hounds! I sure would like to see the pups from that proposed cross, Mr. Dell.

Old Post 07-01-2015 04:19 AM
finch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finch Click here to Send finch a Private Message Find more posts by finch Add finch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

Re: Here is another Blakesley's picture

quote:
Originally posted by rpfirman

I had a pup out of this female. He was a big beautiful dog and a good show dog. I went up and hunted with Red when I was 16 years old near the old family farm. I also hunted with a friend of Red's that lived outside Mankato that lived next to a silo that had a 7up logo on it. He owned the sire and I think he bought it from Rocky Elms. Really nice guy but I don't remember his name right now. The sire was Blakesley bred too. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of him.

I had a good talk with Dave Dean at ARCA Days in Bellevue, MI this year. His first coondog was off of Blakesley's Northern Joe that he bought from Roy as a teenager. He said Roy was the biggest name in breeding back then. That is what inspired him to name his future bluetick kennel Northern Blue Kennels. It also inspired him to line breed his blueticks as Roy did.

My first Redbone (Annabelle) was out of a Blakesley bred female and Woodpecker. Had Lufcy's Wrighter V and Northern Red Buck and Chief in there too. Some good old blood for sure. Some of the Blakesley dogs go back to Chickomony Max and Hunter's Timber Chopper. I think it was Blakesley's Northern Chief but don't quote me on that.

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 07-07-2015 09:43 PM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Doc----

Roy bred PR Blakesleys Wild River Rose (GRCH PR Plumleys Rambling Ringo X CH PR Blakesleys Northern Red Velvet) to PR Owens Chickhominy Max (CH GRNITECH PR Hunter's Timber Chopper X NITECH PR Millers Valley Liz.

3 that came out of this cross I have had in my hounds where Boar Swamp Rose-CH PR Blakesleys River Chief and PR Blakesleys Billy Jo.

The female I got from Red was out of Northern Luke and Blakeleys Cheta II. The Moose and Scout hounds came from Northern Duke (litter mate to Luke) and Cheta II.

Luke and Duke where out of Northern Judd and PR Stormy Creek Smokin Ann. Judd was out of CH PR Blakesley's River Chief and Northern Katie. Katie was by PR Blakesleys Wild River Judd and CH PR Blakesleys Northern Lady.

Smokin Ann was a Granddaughter of CH GRNIECH PR Moran's Midnight Hickory top and CH NIECH PR Luebberts Mo River Red Bo bottom.

The one thing I found looking at Roys breeding programs and talking to Red, they never got it tight---first cousins, uncles to nieces, aunts to nephews, and than they would go outside. They believed that you linebreed or inbreed you weaken your program and loose your traits. And they are not the first guys I have heard that from.

Good luck with your Reds and Happy Hunting.

Old Post 07-08-2015 11:06 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

Re: Doc----

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER
Roy bred PR Blakesleys Wild River Rose (GRCH PR Plumleys Rambling Ringo X CH PR Blakesleys Northern Red Velvet) to PR Owens Chickhominy Max (CH GRNITECH PR Hunter's Timber Chopper X NITECH PR Millers Valley Liz.

3 that came out of this cross I have had in my hounds where Boar Swamp Rose-CH PR Blakesleys River Chief and PR Blakesleys Billy Jo.

The female I got from Red was out of Northern Luke and Blakeleys Cheta II. The Moose and Scout hounds came from Northern Duke (litter mate to Luke) and Cheta II.

Luke and Duke where out of Northern Judd and PR Stormy Creek Smokin Ann. Judd was out of CH PR Blakesley's River Chief and Northern Katie. Katie was by PR Blakesleys Wild River Judd and CH PR Blakesleys Northern Lady.

Smokin Ann was a Granddaughter of CH GRNIECH PR Moran's Midnight Hickory top and CH NIECH PR Luebberts Mo River Red Bo bottom.

The one thing I found looking at Roys breeding programs and talking to Red, they never got it tight---first cousins, uncles to nieces, aunts to nephews, and than they would go outside. They believed that you linebreed or inbreed you weaken your program and loose your traits. And they are not the first guys I have heard that from.

Good luck with your Reds and Happy Hunting.

I just realized that Owens Chickhominy Max was a full brother to Campbell's Timber Chip. Chip was the father of Hunter's Famous Amos and Cane Spring Dawn. So many good competition dogs come from that cross. I'd say a majority of winning dogs today have that cross in their pedigree somewhere. Moonlight Kate would have that cross about 20 times. Talking about line breeding. lol

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 07-09-2015 03:58 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redhunter
UKC Forum Member

who owns

quote:
Originally posted by timber hunter
a really nice letter and pictures from a well know long time Redbone Fancier, Mr. Terry Finder. Terry was good friends with Roy and Red and Bob Stoll. These hounds are all directly out of Stoll's Red Scout and they are the results of an couple of AI breeding that were made! Terry said that Jimmy Hollis a good friend who has now passed is to credit on these crosses.

Scout x Annie

Timber hunter, does Mr. Finder now own Joe, and the 2 females you posted the pictures of?

Love the type of hound these lines carry on. Haven't had a redbone in awhile but the next one I get will have some of the old blood I've always admired.

Old Post 07-14-2015 09:03 PM
redhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redhunter Click here to Send redhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email redhunter Find more posts by redhunter Add redhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redhunter
UKC Forum Member

who owns

quote:
Originally posted by timber hunter

Scout x Annie

Timber hunter, does Mr. Finder now own Joe, and the 2 females you posted the pictures of?

Love the type of hound these lines carry on. Haven't had a redbone in awhile but the next one I get will have some of the old blood I've always admired.

Old Post 07-14-2015 09:03 PM
redhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redhunter Click here to Send redhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email redhunter Find more posts by redhunter Add redhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote