UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Nethery
UKC Forum Member

I put a post on this earlier,

But here is another one, This one is still unexplained,

Once, A few years Back, I had two Black and Tan Hounds, a Young Male, and an Older Female, Well The Old Female, was the Coondog of the two, One nite, I was hunting in a Familiar Patch of woods close to the house, My Older Gyp, had Gone deep running a track, I had to Cut through a Little Trail through a Thick Young Pine Plantation, It was a Pitch black nite, and I didnt have a very good light, well, I heard something a few feet from me, that sounded like a dog, walking, I had not heard the Young Male hound on that track, so I thought it was him, I spoke to him, and said, "Hey Chief, Why, aint ya helpin the Old Girl, I heard nothing, no sooner, had I said that, than, I heard the Young Male Open, Way out there, with the Old Gyp, I instantly turned my light up, as bright as it would go, The Creature, took off, I still dont know what it was, but it gives me a Cold Chill, every time I think about it.

GRNITECH GR"CH "PR" KIZERS Bleedin Blue Slugger, Bluetick and PR Netherys Trixie Bluetick

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-13-2005 02:50 AM
Richard Nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Nethery Click here to Send Richard Nethery a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Nethery Find more posts by Richard Nethery Add Richard Nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

I have hesitated to share this story, because I know it will be met with scorn and disbelief by many.

Several years ago back in Oklahoma, I hunted with a walker dog that was as good as just about any Bluetick I ever saw.

You may not believe it, but it's true.

Old Post 04-13-2005 04:31 AM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

One night about 6 years ago, My Brother, My Pastor (Best Friend), and Myslef were out hunting. We were crossing this large Cow Pasture and we heard a snort. I figured it was a Deer, wrong. It was a Buffalo, 3 to be exact. As soon as I shined that light in thier eyes I knew we were in trouble. We were maybe 75 yards from them and another 50 yards from the fence. Basically it was the old Joke of I don't have to outrun the Buffalo, I just have to out run you! The Pastor beat my brother and I to the fence. Mind you this fella was 6'5" and about 260. Despite his size, he is not what I would call athletic. My Brother and I are about 5'8" and roughly 170 lbs at the time and fairly fast. Pastor Nash smoked us. He then told us he only had to ourun us, and the Buffalo would be no problem. After a few minutes of catching our breath, he came clean and said he ran as soon as he saw the eyes. The Buffalo didn't actually chase us except for about 40 feet then they stopped. If they had wanted to they could have run us down. We still talk about this every time we get together.

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 04-13-2005 05:50 AM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

Any so called "Bigfoot" storys?

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 04-13-2005 09:43 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joey

No Big foot but I saw a man that post on this board almost come out of his boots one night!!!! We were walking in a field next to the woods when he looked 10 feet to his left and there stood a Elk!!!!!!! It turned out to be a bow target someone had leaned up next to a tree but dang it was funny.

Old Post 04-13-2005 10:15 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trapper124
UKC Forum Member

I was deer hunting one morning about 15 feet up in a tree when i heard something at the base kind of crying. I looked down and the first bobcat i had ever seen had two paws on the tree. Well next thing i new he starts to climb the tree well my gun get hunt on a limb right beside me as i was trying to get it and shoot the cat. When i finally did break it off the limb it slipped out of my hands and rite to the grond it went. By this time the cat was about 3/4 the way to me when i looked down at it and it saw me. I guess before that he didn't know i was their because at that point inched his way back down the tree and ran off. First thing i did was go after that gun after that.

Old Post 04-13-2005 10:27 PM
trapper124 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trapper124 Click here to Send trapper124 a Private Message Click Here to Email trapper124 Find more posts by trapper124 Add trapper124 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rdepriest
New UKC Forum Member

hunting for meaning

Bout 30 yrs ago at a low point in my life,went catfishing
late at nite.Lines to left & right,lantern between,lawn chair
just behind.Spiritually bancrupt asked for a sign if HE really
existed and cared.Anything at all,fish jumping ,hoot owl,
shooting star,whatever.Bout then a beaver swims up
between my lines,walks half way up to my lite & stands
there & looks at me,turns around walks back to lake & swims
off.
Had been sober couple yrs before this but still looking for
meaning.Life has thrown its share my way,divorce,deaths,
cancer but never the need to question HIM.
I will never forget that nite !

Old Post 04-13-2005 11:19 PM
rdepriest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdepriest Click here to Send rdepriest a Private Message Click Here to Email rdepriest Find more posts by rdepriest Add rdepriest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 04-14-2005 12:51 AM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntingwalkers9
UKC Forum Member

the

the only thing weird that has happend to me while coonhunting was there is a black panther that is loose in gaffney SC and we heard it one night

but i've heard some stoires from my uncles

one night they turned out in a corn field out on an old indian bariel ground. There was a big patch of woods in the center of the field and thats where the bariel sites were. One of my uncles said that one of the dogs opend up and shut up real fast and then they heard some strange noises that they couldnt figure out. Well they got closer and it was like someone was beating on some drums and singing kind of. They thought that there were just some kids down in there playing around so they got a little closer and you could hear "indian crys" and he said they started getting louder and louder and couldnt see no lights or anything, so they got scurred and he turned around really fast and started running and knocked over a grave.

another uncle swears he seen a ghost a different night same woods.

i am bi-polar..forgive me =]

JACKSON'S HARDCORE HERSHEY KISSES (LAB)

Old Post 04-14-2005 01:58 AM
huntingwalkers9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntingwalkers9 Click here to Send huntingwalkers9 a Private Message Click Here to Email huntingwalkers9 Find more posts by huntingwalkers9 Add huntingwalkers9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clarys coonruni
UKC Forum Member

We where on a competiton hunt one night and we got shot at....then we where plesure hunting and we cept hearing people hiking our coonhounds through the woods....They finnaly treed and we got to the tree and the guys had shot the coon out and took it and the dogs and started walking out.....We finnaly caught them and they swore up and down they where there dogs but my female had a tat in her ear and i knew the number by heart and we proved them rong....Another thing me and my freand where hunting 1 night up near my house and we went to the dog shot the coon and where heading out....I had set my compas and he was using his tracker(he had a coller on his mirror) and we got to a spot and my compas just started spinning and his tracker went dead...it just stoped compleatly....And them his lite went out so we had to make do kinda walking on myn....We walked forever and all of a sudden the tracker started picking up a scwelling noise and it started popping and then cut off again....By that time me and him are scared to death and lost in a patch that is none to be bad luck....And it started bepping so loud you had to turn it almost all the way down....We walked up on some old graves and there was a tracking coller laid up on 1 of the stones....We got it and put a magnet in it and then the tracker started working again...It was life we where supposed to find it....We have never been back to that spot again...It gives me the heaby gibies just thinking abought it....That tracking coller never worked right again and we sent it to wildlife and they sead that the man that baught it was dead but the coller looked fairly new...

Charlie Hope Coonhunting Kennel

My Blues, Walkers , & Plotts are Powerd by the love and drive i put behind them and the will for them to perform

Old Post 04-14-2005 02:51 AM
clarys coonruni is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clarys coonruni Click here to Send clarys coonruni a Private Message Click Here to Email clarys coonruni Find more posts by clarys coonruni Add clarys coonruni to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Joe....

I dont really know about Bigfoot being real but some very odd things happened to us a time or two in NE oklahoma a couple of times that were never explained.

One night hunting on the Spring River a friend and I had walked in quite a ways and gathered the dogs off a big den tree. They were treed at the head of a hollar that ran down to the river and the hollar had pretty steep sides and bluffs in several places with overhangs here and there. We started down the hollar toward the river when we heard brush popping on top of one of the bluffs...now I dont mean twigs or even sticks...This sounded more like a 12 gauge shotgun going off...right after it started we started getting showered with arm sized trees and rocks I would estimate to be 10 - 20lbs. We ran under one of the overhangs not knowing what in the heck was going on and being pretty rattled doesnt help much....This lasted approximately 30 secs. to a minute and then it stopped. We never did hear anything else after that nor before it began. Well needless to say we were done hunting for the evening and though we hunted it several more times after that, we never had anything else like that happen. I just dont know who or what could throw that size of rocks and trees fifty foot over the edge of a bluff, and honestly dont ever want to know.

Another incident or incidents I guess I should say concerned a ghost light on Hickory Creek near Fairland, OK. A good friend of mine and I used to hunt this section of the creek a couple of times a week and he still does to this day. On several occasions we would see a light cut out across a pasture on the farm we were hunting, though we tried to catch it a couple of times you could never catch up to it...sometimes it would seem like you were gaining ground on it only then it would disappear for a few seconds and pop back up a couple of hundred yards from you. But twice we were very close to it and both times we were at a tree shining for the coon our dogs had treed. On these occasions the light would come right to the outside of the tree, circle the tree and then disappear. We never could figure out what it was and it never spoke to us when we tried to speak to it because the first time it came into our tree we thought it might have been another hunter.

Dual Grand Crazy Mtn Midnite Frost
Cash Creek Big Holler Mojo(Mo)
Sippin' Wild Wine
Cash Creek Wild Bill Hickok(Hick)
Cash Creek Calamity Jane(Janie)

Old Post 04-14-2005 08:07 AM
Walkerfied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerfied Click here to Send Walkerfied a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerfied Find more posts by Walkerfied Add Walkerfied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EnglishBabe
UKC Forum Member

Well

this is what happen to me alone & then one time when hubby was with. This one spot where we hunt use to have an old house on it, along with the old barn that is still standing. It is rumored that there was an old rocking chair in the house that use to rock all the time & I know one time when I was younger & rode horse back there, I heard what sounded like a squeaky chair rocking. Anyway, the house has been torn down & only the old barn & outhouse is still standing. One night, moon was out & I took the dogs back there & turned them loose. All at once I got this really queer feeling of being watched. I couldn't see anything, but the little hairs on the back of my neck was standing staight up. The dogs came back into me after about 3 minutes & wouldn't leave my side, the Walker dog crawled under the truck & I had a devil of a time getting him out. I finally got him loaded up & home I went! I told Frank about it & we went back there for about 2 weeks after it & the dogs did fine & I never got that feeling. Then on a Saturday night, bout 3 weeks after that had happen to me alone, a couple friends & Frank & I went there again, moon was out, turned all the dogs loose, 4 I think & just stood there waiting for them to open. All at once I got that feeling again, I was truelly scared! Frank leaned down & said 'I feel like something is watching us' The other 2 guys started shifting their feet & seemed uncomfortable. Bout that time my dog & hubbies Walker came barreling into us, tail tucked & shaking like a leaf. Neither would move from our feet. The one dude said 'What's up with those dogs?' I had no idea, but I was scared. The other 2 dogs came in shortly after that, tail tucked & seemed scared. We all decided to go hunting somewhere else, loaded up & left. I refuse to hunt that spot in the moonlight. & hubby doesn't argue about it either. I have no idea what is there, if anything, but I don't tempt it anymore!!!! Oh yeah, one last thing, that area always seems a bit warmer then anywhere else in that area. It is very noticable when your walking, all the sudden you are walking through a warm spot. Any ideas why?

Old Post 04-14-2005 03:10 PM
EnglishBabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EnglishBabe Click here to Send EnglishBabe a Private Message Click Here to Email EnglishBabe Find more posts by EnglishBabe Add EnglishBabe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
erick shepheard
UKC Forum Member

this is not what you can supernatural but it will scare the heck out of you if it happens to you. About two months ago i was hunting with some buddies behind Fort de Chartes(French fort on the Mississippi 60 miles south of St. Louis). they have big rendevous and other gatherings there. we were following they dogs, walking down a path and we stopped to listen and out of the corner of my i eye see something. so i quickly turn and flip my light on and it is a wooden cut out of an indian. i just about wet myself and my buddy who hunts there all the time looks at me, grins and says "kinda scary ain't they". i did not know wether to laugh or punch him for not warning me. lets just say i questioned his sexual orientation,his parentage, and his dignity all in one breath.

Ch. Nt. Ch. Northern Rebel Hawkeye Viper

and the Late Gr. Nt. Ch. Setum Up Hank and Nt. Ch. Northern Rebel Chili Pepper

Old Post 04-14-2005 04:23 PM
erick shepheard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for erick shepheard Click here to Send erick shepheard a Private Message Click Here to Email erick shepheard Find more posts by erick shepheard Add erick shepheard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gablefan
UKC Forum Member

" lets just say i questioned his sexual orientation,his parentage, and his dignity all in one breath."

That is freakin hilarious!

Old Post 04-14-2005 09:33 PM
gablefan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gablefan Click here to Send gablefan a Private Message Click Here to Email gablefan Find more posts by gablefan Add gablefan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 04-15-2005 02:45 AM
Skinner
Banned

quote:
Another incident or incidents I guess I should say concerned a ghost light on Hickory Creek near Fairland, OK. A good friend of mine and I used to hunt this section of the creek a couple of times a week and he still does to this day. On several occasions we would see a light cut out across a pasture on the farm we were hunting, though we tried to catch it a couple of times you could never catch up to it...sometimes it would seem like you were gaining ground on it only then it would disappear for a few seconds and pop back up a couple of hundred yards from you. But twice we were very close to it and both times we were at a tree shining for the coon our dogs had treed. On these occasions the light would come right to the outside of the tree, circle the tree and then disappear. We never could figure out what it was and it never spoke to us when we tried to speak to it because the first time it came into our tree we thought it might have been another hunter.

Probally was a flashlight strapped to a redbone.

Black Creek Treeing Walkers

If I had feelings, that might would have hurt.

Old Post 05-07-2005 03:20 AM
Skinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skinner Click here to Send Skinner a Private Message Click Here to Email Skinner Visit Skinner's homepage! Find more posts by Skinner Add Skinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren barkman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Ordway
I was standing on the road one night waiting to hear a dog open. It was a clear night with nice late spring temps. I noticed a patch of fog off in the distance. Looked kind of like a small cloud walking towards me. When it came over me, the temp dropped and I was cold. Visibility dropped to almost zero, I couldn't see a house light only 3/4 of a mile away. The fog kept moving and I was back in the clear again, the whole thing only took about 10 minutes. It was a very strange feeling.
THATS FUNNY STUFF THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME

Old Post 05-07-2005 04:12 AM
Darren barkman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren barkman Click here to Send Darren barkman a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren barkman Find more posts by Darren barkman Add Darren barkman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnDavidWiles
UKC Forum Member

Hunter became the hunted

One night about 12 years ago, I was hunting two young Walker dogs with my 5 year old son. The dogs got deep into a posted deer lease with a locked gate. I knew it would be a long walk so I took my son back to the house and returned to the locked gate.

I got my gun and stuff together and started waling down this sandy road. I could hear the dogs treed down the road and to the left. I was scanning the road for tracks to see if the dogs had come down the road. There was no tracks in the sand...I was making the first tracks that night.

I got even with the dogs and went in to the tree. They came off the tree to meet me and lost interest in hunting once I showed up. Well I was tired anyways so I headed back to the truck.

Walking back out that sandy road I noticed some great big cat tracks RIGHT ON TOP OF MY TRACKS! I had been stalked! Well I took the safety off that .22 and pulled those dogs up real close and I started whistling to build my courage up.

The tracks were about the size of a grapefruit.

Last edited by JohnDavidWiles on 05-07-2005 at 05:19 AM

Old Post 05-07-2005 05:16 AM
JohnDavidWiles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JohnDavidWiles Click here to Send JohnDavidWiles a Private Message Click Here to Email JohnDavidWiles Find more posts by JohnDavidWiles Add JohnDavidWiles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bootlegger
UKC Forum Member

Deer Hunting

A few years back I decided to go bow hunting early one morning even though the night before me and some friends had rented movies. It just happened one of the movies was Blairwitch project. The movie didnt make much sense to me nor did it scare me until That next morning when I shut my 4wheeler off and was sitting in total darkness. I got scared even though I knew it was all in my head. After a quick walk and climb, I was sitting 30ft high in my treestand shining every pop and crack I heard. Just as the morning light started gleaming I heard the most horrible sound I ever heard about 40yds behind me. I went to shaking so hard I was shaking the tree. After it was good an light in the woods and hearing the noise 4 more times my butt got down and got out of there. Later that morning I discovered the land behind where I was hunting had Jackasses on it. I had never heard one hollar till that morning. If I hadnt watched that stupid Blairwitch I might not have gotten so wierded out, but those jacks made one out of me that morn.

Home of GRCH NTCH "Bad to the Bone Sugar Cane"

Sugar Candy Cane(daughter of Sugar Cane and Crocketts BLK Nute)

Shadow Brake Moonshiner

Whiskey River Runner

http://www.sdh.proboards50.com/index.cgi

Old Post 05-07-2005 05:24 AM
Bootlegger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bootlegger Click here to Send Bootlegger a Private Message Find more posts by Bootlegger Add Bootlegger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Trevis
UKC Forum Member

OK you want wierd?

Do a Google search for crop circles in Iowa. You will see me and my wife on channel 8 out of Des Moines, Iowa. Im just going to give you a quick cap. I went out to do chores one am. I had planted about an acre of oats in one of my pastures next to the barn. I come out of the barn and walk along the field and see all these wierd designs in the oats. Im thinking some pups from town are going to get er! I call the sheriff they come out and tell me there aint no tracks in or out of the field. This happened 17 times last summer, we had people from yhe U of Cal., Nancy Talbot who is on Discovery and you name it here. They told us it was Electromagnetic and micrwave energy. I said and where the hell does that come from? They said you tell us, I said I am going to sit out there with my gun and see where it comes from. They told me mabey I shouldn't upset them. NO MORE OATS WILL BE PLANTED HERE!!

Old Post 05-08-2005 08:16 AM
Mike Trevis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Trevis Click here to Send Mike Trevis a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Trevis Find more posts by Mike Trevis Add Mike Trevis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 05-08-2005 11:39 PM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

anymore outhere?

Old Post 05-09-2005 09:01 PM
Red&Blue
UKC Forum Member

I called my buddy up to see if he wanted to go hunting on his land which we had set feeders on to train pups, he said he might ride his fourwheeler down to listen if he felt like it because the land was right behind his house. So me and my young bluetick went on down there and i cut him and he got a little ways in there and started trying to strike up one and he was getting deeper and deeper so i started kinda walking that way on the four wheeler trail. On all them scary movies you watch them weird and scary things happen right before the killer kills you. Well lets just say i was thinking about that and i was walking the trail and a limb fell right in front of me and scared the crap outta me, and right after that a owl hooted right beside me. I was kinda skiddish walkin to my dog and about that time im walking someone beside me says "Is he bout to tree" i fall on the ground and start the opposite way and i finally realize that was my friend. LOL he had walked down instead of riding his fourwheeler and he was on the trail from his house just standing there as i past and i didnt see him, lol he still makes fun of me because of that.

Old Post 06-06-2005 02:40 PM
Red&Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red&Blue Click here to Send Red&Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Red&Blue Find more posts by Red&Blue Add Red&Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 06-07-2005 04:58 AM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 06-09-2005 09:25 PM