UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Plotts: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Poacher Plott Hounds
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

POACHER PLOTT HOUNDS

There have been some nice reproducing females bred to Prettyboy out of several different strains of plott hounds. These females have helped produce a stable of pups that are consistently pleasing their owners.

Prettyboy Poacher is also doing his part to stamp his characteristics on his offspring. You can see and hear Prettyboy in his pups from the way they run a track to the way they locate a tree, and even the good mannerisms they have around the house and in the woods. I have not heard a weak mouthed pup out of him.

The majority of his pups that I have been around or heard from have what I like in a dog. They have a strong constitution and quickly adapt to whoever is hunting them and whatever situation they are put in. His pups are easy to handle and don't hang out or loaf. They are the same every time turned loose. His pups haul good, don't get sick or slobber in the box and learn to load quickly. It might seem silly mentioning this, but you can't get anything accomplished with a sick pup. Prettyboy pups start easily and have the nose, brains and determination to work and finish the tougher tracks. Most any breed of dogs can and should tree hot coon but the ability to tree cold feed tracks and lay-up coon accurately is the difference between good and great in a dog, whether pleasure hunting or competition hunting. Prettyboy pups are also good on bear and have the grit to stay for hours. I have heard of very little trash problems out of his pups. He produces a disciplined dog that works good in thin coon but don't loose their mind in thick coon. They are pretty balanced hounds that finish out strong. I have many references on pups out of Prettyboy and my old Poacher dog and can probably put you in contact with someone hunting one of these dogs in your area.

Most pups that come from my dogs will start within four to five trips to the woods. I have had some that tree a coon the first time out. They are coon crazy and about all you have to show them is one coon and they are fine. Prettyboy's pups are all under three years old and they are several capable of making competitors in night hunts and several that are outstanding bear dogs. Contact me at 423-507-7940 for more information. It is best to call because I am not on the computer much. Thanks for reading, Kevin Moses.

Click here to view my Website http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

*NT.CH. MOSES' RUGGED RIDGE POACHER*

*GR.NT.CH. MOSES' PRETTYBOY POACHER*

*FCH CH GRNITECH SHATLEY LOBO*

http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 07-29-2016 at 02:23 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-03-2016 04:26 AM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

Kevin that is the best write up on a good plott stud dog I have ever read. Good luck, hope you get him bred to some top plott females.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 06-03-2016 02:18 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Jim

I really thank you for the good comment Jim. I have always had high regards for you since I first met and hunted with you at 1995 Plott Days. I had a "good" nt. ch. plott female and ole Grand Nite Champion Garrison's Brindle Ranger showed me and the rest of the cast what "GREAT" was. He totally dominated the cast and made it look easy. I can truly say my expectations of a dog's ability were changed that night and I know you are still packing that kind of dog power today. Thanks, Kevin Moses.

Old Post 06-03-2016 08:22 PM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wesley good
UKC Forum Member

Kevin pretty boy is a very nice hound and I have high expectations as to what my young dog Shucks out of him is going to do he reminds me a lot of his sire as a young dogs I also see a lot of angel ridge redwood dixie (pretty boys moma) in him which are two of the best dogs I have had the pleasure of taking to the woods they just get it done
I to think you have done good job on your write up good luck

Last edited by wesley good on 06-05-2016 at 07:57 PM

Old Post 06-05-2016 07:54 PM
wesley good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wesley good Click here to Send wesley good a Private Message Find more posts by wesley good Add wesley good to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justahunter
UKC Forum Member

I have a grandson to this dog he is 10 months old and is a BEAR DOG . he is very impressive pup . if I were close enough I would breed to him .

Old Post 06-06-2016 03:12 AM
justahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justahunter Click here to Send justahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email justahunter Find more posts by justahunter Add justahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Thanks men

Thanks for the comment Wesley. 2011 National Grand Nt. Ch. Angel Ridge Redwood Dixie has a Big part in Prettyboy's ability in the woods and in the breeding pen. Jim Cannon that won the UKC World hunt with Kansas Sizzlin Heat said that Dixie would be a serious contender for the World hunt after hunting with her. Jim booked 2 pups out of her afterwards. Dixie produced 1 Grand Nt. Ch. and 1 Nt. Ch. out of Poacher and 1 Grand Nt. Ch. out of another stud dog with only 11 total pups. Dixie carried many of the famous Top dogs like Kitchens Bud(3 times), Landis Candy(2 times), Case Carolina Bark(2 times), Pigeon Hill Barney(2 times), Pigeon Hill Penny(2 times), Weems Plott Susie(2 times), Kitchens Tally(4 times), Pocahontas Gator 2, Pocahontas Cindy, Kitchens Pepper, Kitchens Sally, Coclasures Jodie, Kings Tree Talking Casey(multiple Times), Kings Tree Talking Sally, Coclasures Chuck, Bacon Creek Cajun, Brinkmans Peg, Herrells Carter and Timberline Tack. Wesley is one of the pickiest men I have ever met about dogs but that is why he is always leading a good one.

Justahunter- We never hunted these dogs on bear ourselves but alot of people around Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia have hunted them for years on bear. They have kind of built a reputation amongst bear hunters by word of mouth. They like them and I like that they do. Thanks, Kevin.

Old Post 06-07-2016 12:16 AM
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Poacher

Kevin I have a female off poacher x zena cross I like a lot . She's 8 yrs old I bear hunt her . She was a natural from the first time I put her in the woods. I breed her to the Jack dog of Doug's but she didn't take , I will be trying that cross again. I think it will be a good cross that carries a lot of your all's old stock of dogs.

Old Post 06-07-2016 01:21 AM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Poacher-Zena

Thanks for the comment Russell. Bill bred Zena to Buckshot, Victor and Poacher with great results. I seen one out of Poacher and Zena strike a coon and trail it up a creek and tree it the first night out on a good Pac-Man walker dog. The walker never barked till the pup was treed a few minutes. Kim Daughtery of North Carolina had one out of Victor and Zena that he said would consistantely strike bear and trail them for a mile or so before anything could open. The Boone dog of my brother Allen's was out of Buckshot and Zena. I hunted him on a hunt one weekend and got two wins toward Gr. Nt. He treed 2 layup coon on each cast and shut the walker dogs completely out. Two of them were out of Tequila Sunrise and Merchants Bounty. I am not saying this to knock Walker dogs but to give an example of nose and layup ability.My Prettyboy dog operates alot like Boone did. Doug has always had treedogs and his and Bill's dogs came from Sonny Perdue of West Virginia.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 06-07-2016 at 03:20 AM

Old Post 06-07-2016 03:07 AM
Andy Mathis
UKC Forum Member

POACHER !

OUTSTANDING BALANCED COON DOG !!!

ANDY MATHIS
803-507-0949

Old Post 06-10-2016 04:22 PM
Andy Mathis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Mathis Click here to Send Andy Mathis a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Mathis Find more posts by Andy Mathis Add Andy Mathis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Poacher

Thanks for the comment on Poacher,Andy. It is appreciated coming from someone that has had the caliber of dogs you have had in the past and still have now. Thanks, Kevin.

Old Post 06-18-2016 09:50 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

How old is the young Poacher and how old is his daddy?

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :
"GR NT CH TBO's Lucy Lawless"

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Chief Executive"
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 06-23-2016 03:58 PM
TBO kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBO kennels Click here to Send TBO kennels a Private Message Find more posts by TBO kennels Add TBO kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

David- Old Poacher is 11 years old and (young) Prettyboy Poacher is 7 years old. Both still look and act younger than they are. Thanks, Kevin.

Old Post 06-23-2016 04:14 PM
cdnrattler
UKC Forum Member

hi kevin

could you post nt ch .rugged hills nite queen pedigree , and photo. much appreciate it. thanks mike ,truenorthplotts

Old Post 06-23-2016 09:10 PM
cdnrattler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cdnrattler Click here to Send cdnrattler a Private Message Click Here to Email cdnrattler Find more posts by cdnrattler Add cdnrattler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

queen

Mike, I will try to do that for you when I get a chance. Queen is out of Johnny Hager's Gr. Nt. Oak dog and John Walkup,s Gr. Nt. Dixie female. I have some more info I am working on, from where we talked the other day on the phone. I will send you a message about it when I get done with it. I have not forgot about you. Thanks, Kevin.

Old Post 06-23-2016 09:38 PM
cdnrattler
UKC Forum Member

kevin

thanks, sounds good.

Old Post 06-23-2016 10:14 PM
cdnrattler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cdnrattler Click here to Send cdnrattler a Private Message Click Here to Email cdnrattler Find more posts by cdnrattler Add cdnrattler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Mathis
UKC Forum Member

POACHER !

I highly recommend him to breed to !
I just bought an outstanding 9 month old male pup off him which is PKC super staked and UKC performance and he's already treeing his own coon !!! He has the WOW factor !!!

Andy Mathis
803-507-0949

Old Post 07-05-2016 10:09 PM
Andy Mathis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Mathis Click here to Send Andy Mathis a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Mathis Find more posts by Andy Mathis Add Andy Mathis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justahunter
UKC Forum Member

The one I have that I talked about earlier is now Treeing his own bear start to finish . 11 months old . I really really like this dog .

Old Post 07-07-2016 05:48 AM
justahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justahunter Click here to Send justahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email justahunter Find more posts by justahunter Add justahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

View my new Website

Click here to view my Website http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/
Still working in some things with it but almost done- Thanks Kevin

Old Post 07-11-2016 12:47 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pups

Trevor there are usually a few pups that are colored black and brindle trim- Every once in a while one will be a true saddleback. I can keep your name and number and call you when I see what I have if you want me to. Thanks Kevin

Old Post 07-11-2016 05:51 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pups

Will do- Thanks Kevin

Old Post 07-11-2016 06:10 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

FEMALE BRED

PAUL IRWIN OF ALABAMA BRED A NICE PROVEN REPRODUCING FEMALE TO PRETTYBOY POACHER-CALL PAUL AT 970-620-6742 FOR DETAILS- HE MAY HAVE A FEW PUPS AVAILABLE.

Old Post 07-29-2016 02:33 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

FEMALE BRED

DAVID WHITESIDES BRED A TOP FEMALE TO PRETTYBOY POACHER A FEW WEEKS BACK. SHE IS A LITTERMATE TO HIS HENRY RIVER GRILLIN' BOB DOG. DAVID SAYS SHE IS IN THE TOP FIVE OF THE BEST COONHOUNDS HE HAS EVER OWNED INCLUDING A FEW GR. NT. WALKER AND ENGLISH DOGS. DAVID PROBABLY ALREADY HAS PEOPLE WANTING THESE PUPS BUT YOU CAN CALL HIM AT 828-448-9445 TO CHECK.

Old Post 07-29-2016 02:39 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

all sold

Paul Irwin said all his pups are sold-much appreciated

Old Post 09-09-2016 02:43 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pups ( call David Whitesides)

Pups by Gr. Nt. Prettyboy Poacher and Henry's Smoking Bell( Henry River Grillin' Bob's littermate sister). Bell has ten beautiful pups. Bell is a cold nosed, fast tree dog. Most of all she is a coon dog. Bell is hunted 6 to 7 nights a week and has the coon when she trees. She is heavy Weems and Pointek bred. David has several of these pups spoken for but will have a few left. Call David at 828-448-9445.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 10-03-2016 at 10:10 PM

Old Post 10-03-2016 09:38 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Pups

David called me today and said these pups are 6 weeks old and he only has 1 male pup left. He said he could have sold 6 more females if he had them. Call him if interested in this last pup. 828-448-9445.

Old Post 10-19-2016 07:49 PM