UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 21 22 [23]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adam McCormick
UKC Forum Member

One time my dogs treed this thing with rings on it's tail! Thank goodness that's only happened once.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-01-2019 12:01 AM
Adam McCormick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam McCormick Click here to Send Adam McCormick a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam McCormick Find more posts by Adam McCormick Add Adam McCormick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam McCormick
UKC Forum Member

One time my dogs treed this thing with rings on it's tail! Thank goodness that's only happened once.

Old Post 11-01-2019 12:01 AM
Adam McCormick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam McCormick Click here to Send Adam McCormick a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam McCormick Find more posts by Adam McCormick Add Adam McCormick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Didn't happen to me but, my friend "Jay" in my signature.
He went hunting alone one Friday up a big deep woods hollow that was frequented by the local rift raft dopers at times. When he went in he had the place to himself . No one around.
Made a few tracks and trees. There were several 4-wheeler trails that made it nice walking to treed dogs.
As he wound his way down the hillside on one of these trails he noticed in the distance there was now a party camp fire burning that he would need to pass to get back to his truck.
As he neared two older teenagers he estimated approached him.
One said 'Hey mister give me 5 bucks".
He replied I haven't got 5 dollars.
C'mon you got 5 dollars.
He replied "I don't know you. Why would I give you 5 dollars?"
About now he was getting a bad feeling. The one boy looking down the hill said is that your truck down there?
Jay answered yeah.
Then the one boy says your alone aren't you?
Jay says "No, my buddy is coming down the hill there too."
Boy replies "no there isn't . We watched your light coming down the hill. And we only saw one light. You're alone"
Again Jay says no my buddies coming.
About this time he began to turn to his left and in one motion he yelled " Hey Sam" as he pulled out his .45 cal. Government model colt with his right hand . (He had a CCP)
He pulled it out put it in the kids face that was only a few feet away and said "SAM COLT"!!
Now the one kid face the gun was in eyeballs got big and wide and the other boy started saying "Hey mister we were just kidding".
While still holding the gun in the boys face he replied" WELL I'M NOT!"
They backed away and let him pass.
He told me when he got to his truck his foot was shaking badly on the gas pedal because of how close he came to shooting that boy.

"JAY" was the real deal .

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 11-01-2019 at 01:26 PM

Old Post 11-01-2019 04:48 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

One of the neatest things I saw was while Jay and I were hunting . We saw a meteor streak across the sky from one end to the other. Reports were it did hit the ground . Some of you guys might remember this one as it was seen across the majority of the east coast. Long time ago but it was something to see.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 11-01-2019 05:06 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

About 30 years ago, I had a young hound that was just far enough along that he was needing singled out. He was starting to tree coon consistantly and I was really enjoying watching this young hound progress. I could see him improve almost nightly and I wasn't about to let anything get in the way of that rhythm. A thunderstorm had rolled through about dark and I was chomping at the bit for it to pass so I could go hunting. As the night drew on my patience drew thin and as the rain started to lighten up I was out there loading him up. By this time it was getting late, but I wasn't about to miss a night. I drove about 10-15 miles out to a spot I had permission on and cut him out. Wasn't long and he had struck about 200 yards out. He was a here, there, there and yonder type track dog never opening in the same place twice and moved that track to the half mile line and to the east side of the section. Before long he set anchor and was telling the world he had his coon. Problem was, he had worked off my permission land and was now very close to a farm house. With lights off, I eased my ole ford truck up the road closer to him, killed the engine and kicked in the clutch and coasted within 150 yards from him. As I stepped out and quietly closed the door I could hear him just across the open pasture. I slipped through the fence and was make'n tracks across the open pasture without my light on. I figured I'd just slip in there, give him a pat on the head and move right on out. WELL, about 1/2 way across that pasture, while listening to him tree and watching the house for lights.....I felt a LOUD BBLLLOOOWWW of HOT breath and snot on the back of my neck!!! I JUMPED, SCREAMED, SWUNG BEHIND ME, SPUN AROUND AND FELL FLAT ON MY BACK GASPING FOR AIR!!!!
Unbeknownst to me, there was a %&@# horse in that pasture!!! With my heavy breathing on a fast walk and the dog lead and chap noise, I didn't hear him walking right up behind me in that soft pasture. That suckers nose and whiskers had just touched the back of my neck about the same time he SNORTED AND BLEW and I swear in that instant my heart stopped.
Never before or since have I ever been that startled and scared and all because of a dang pasture horse. LOL

402-209-5053

Old Post 11-01-2019 05:27 AM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

Odd and spooky

Had a wolf come into the hounds treeing a couple of years ago

Old Post 11-03-2019 02:57 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

Odd and spooky

Had a wolf come into the hounds treeing a couple of years ago

Old Post 11-03-2019 02:57 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Cant explain what it was.........

About 4 years ago I was hunting a local Reservoir by myself and One Dog. He was Treed about 700 Yards to the left off a Gravel Road.
I pull around the Road to where I can hear him better and I stop on top of a hill in the middle of the Road, I turn truck off and listen.
I started to see a light coming out of woods to the right....it looked like a Coonhunters Light. I thought it was another Hunter. It came out into road and proceeded down the hill and up the other side. There was a Pull Off on top of other side where light was headed.
I started my truck, turned headlights on and they were shining where that light should have been.....But nothing was there. I drove on over to the Pull Off.....No Vehicles or People were there.....Nothing.
Dont know what it was.....Never been able to explain that one.

Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-04-2019 02:43 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Cant explain what it was.........

About 4 years ago I was hunting a local Reservoir by myself and One Dog. He was Treed about 700 Yards to the left off a Gravel Road.
I pull around the Road to where I can hear him better and I stop on top of a hill in the middle of the Road, I turn truck off and listen.
I started to see a light coming out of woods to the right....it looked like a Coonhunters Light. I thought it was another Hunter. It came out into road and proceeded down the hill and up the other side. There was a Pull Off on top of other side where light was headed.
I started my truck, turned headlights on and they were shining where that light should have been.....But nothing was there. I drove on over to the Pull Off.....No Vehicles or People were there.....Nothing.
Dont know what it was.....Never been able to explain that one.

Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-04-2019 02:44 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote