UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > anyone running curs on big game
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
odg
UKC Forum Member

anyone running curs on big game

just wondering

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2013 11:09 PM
odg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for odg Click here to Send odg a Private Message Click Here to Email odg Find more posts by odg Add odg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longears
UKC Forum Member

use mine on bear

Old Post 06-29-2013 03:07 PM
longears is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longears Click here to Send longears a Private Message Click Here to Email longears Find more posts by longears Add longears to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lizardridge
UKC Forum Member

ODG, I believe you live in Missouri, if you ever want to see a pack of Leopard Curs in the woods come on down.

Old Post 07-04-2013 09:49 PM
lizardridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lizardridge Click here to Send lizardridge a Private Message Click Here to Email lizardridge Find more posts by lizardridge Add lizardridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

We run bear with ours

Old Post 07-13-2013 04:44 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jryking
UKC Forum Member

Ive trained leopard curs for clients on bear as well as the smaller maybe kemmer curs. They all did good. One thing I did notice about them were a lot of them wasnt day in day out bear dogs. One day they looked like million dollars then the next culls. I have mixed fellings on them. I did hunt a black mouth curr for a fellow that was bad ass. He didnt bark a lot but he could stand the heat and he ran with the hoinds good when the bear stoped he was ridding his back. Now I would love to have one like that if anybody in a reasonable driving distance from eastern nc has one dont mind sinking teeth get up with me I want it. The last two currs I trained the way I used them now they werent gritty but would run the feet off a bear. When the hounds brought him across the rd mountain hunting I would turn them right on him and usually within in 3-400 yards they would put him up a bush.

Thanks Justin King
Kings Ketchen Kennels

Old Post 07-14-2013 01:09 AM
jryking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jryking Click here to Send jryking a Private Message Click Here to Email jryking Find more posts by jryking Add jryking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
idcurs
UKC Forum Member

Big game Curs

I have hunted lion,bear,hog,bobcat and yotes with the same line of Curs for many years.I the last 15 plus I have almost every western state,I can't ever remember any hounds doing better than these curs.I have hunted with walkers&plotts on bears in Id and Cali and my curs have more than enought grit.They go day in day out they also have super track speed and tree.if you don;t have that in the curs you have hunted you hunted the wrong curs!!!!

Old Post 08-05-2013 01:45 AM
idcurs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for idcurs Click here to Send idcurs a Private Message Click Here to Email idcurs Find more posts by idcurs Add idcurs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aly
UKC Forum Member

What kind of curs are u hunting with? What lines?

Old Post 08-05-2013 07:55 PM
Aly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aly Click here to Send Aly a Private Message Click Here to Email Aly Find more posts by Aly Add Aly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
idcurs
UKC Forum Member

Most of the bloodlines comes from the Nevada Fry Striker blood,and a little from Texas Gus Mcray blood.The texas blood was very gritty hog and coon dogs.The Fry line is better nosed and lion,bear and yote hunted.

Old Post 08-05-2013 10:14 PM
idcurs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for idcurs Click here to Send idcurs a Private Message Click Here to Email idcurs Find more posts by idcurs Add idcurs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hog Dog Mike
UKC Forum Member

I run curs and cur catahoula crosses on hogs all the time. They do a great job for me. This is the first catahoula cur cross I have ran and she is a pretty good dog. Mostly I run straight curs. I still have one Blue Lacy that I have had for years and she was a good dog in her day.

Old Post 09-02-2013 11:51 PM
Hog Dog Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hog Dog Mike Click here to Send Hog Dog Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Hog Dog Mike Find more posts by Hog Dog Mike Add Hog Dog Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

I like them on hog , they don't rig and get around the mountains of western nc like my hounds . But I'd say if you found one that is a good bear dog keep it , it's hard To beat the manner and the way curs handles and listens .

Pr' bigridge ole dan
Pr' Ralph's red hawk addy
Nt.ch. Reece's show no mercy
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Old Post 09-05-2013 03:49 PM
Bigridge kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigridge kennel Click here to Send Bigridge kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Bigridge kennel Add Bigridge kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote