UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Plotts: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Plott Male Ideas??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RiverBluff
UKC Forum Member

Plott Male Ideas??

Ok folks I am wanting ideas on GOOD plott male dogs out there that get the job done for breeding my two females. I don't care about titles at all or what the dog has won I want a dog that gets the job done with the meat time in and time out and don't care if he 100 bark a minute treedawg or all that jazz. Looking for dog that can get it DONE!! What I am breeding are my females: Becky will not be two years old until Feb 2015 she been 6 hunts won: 3-2nd places, a 4th place and 5th place win and the six hunt the hour got us in an RQE where she was leading was 625+ She is a nice female! My other female Lucy she is three years old and is a Water Champion and won a 2nd place in the first hunt she was ever put in! I got a couple males already I am thinking about just wanting to know what else is out their that I can check out!

Original Home Of:
W Ch Gr F Ch Nt Ch Gr Ch River Bluff Brindle Cowboy Up

Gone but not forgotten!
Nt Ch River Bluff Brindle Tiger
Gr Nt Ch River Bluff Coon Crazy Toad
Gr Ch River Bluff Grindstone Heater
Nt Ch Rancho Ruff
Nt Ch Gr Ch Simmon's IN Daybreak Gotcha
Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Cliff's Blue Streak

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2014 04:08 PM
RiverBluff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiverBluff Click here to Send RiverBluff a Private Message Click Here to Email RiverBluff Find more posts by RiverBluff Add RiverBluff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

Let me know if you have any pups

Old Post 09-12-2014 06:43 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiverBluff
UKC Forum Member

Smoke I will let you I plan on raising some pups next spring I got a couple other wanting pups out of Becky soon as I get them on the ground!!

Original Home Of:

Gone but not forgotten!
Nt Ch Rancho Ruff

Old Post 09-12-2014 06:52 PM
RiverBluff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiverBluff Click here to Send RiverBluff a Private Message Click Here to Email RiverBluff Find more posts by RiverBluff Add RiverBluff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntndog
UKC Forum Member

Scott, what is the breeding on your females?

Glad to hear you're still involved in the Plotts....

Old Post 09-13-2014 09:41 AM
huntndog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntndog Click here to Send huntndog a Private Message Click Here to Email huntndog Find more posts by huntndog Add huntndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiverBluff
UKC Forum Member

Dennis I have never been out of the plotts just don't get in all the hipe and bull anymore! I been to 6 hunts this year first hunts I hunted in since 2010 and half them my friends or my son roped me into going cause this Becky female is the REAL DEAL! Just like to hunt and raise a good one now and then!

Becky's sire a male called Nitro that is a dog with mainly all stuff I have had or sold that friends and me have kept up breeding back and forth! Its goes back to Sizzlin Heat, Pioneer, Curtis and Gene Walkers lines! Her dam is Cowgirl by Cowboy and my Stitch female!

Lucy is by Jack who is by Cowboy and Tuffy which was a nephew to aunt cross! bottom side is Joe Polly breeding and also goes back to the same lines as top side!

Original Home Of:

Gone but not forgotten!
Nt Ch Rancho Ruff

Old Post 09-13-2014 02:11 PM
huntndog
UKC Forum Member

You are certainly welcome to breed to Tarzan if you're looking to keep some Cowboy (and related blood) on the top side of some pups.

I think he's a worthy stud dog, you may not, but you're welcome to see him in the woods and see what you think.

I'm anxious to see how his pups turn out crossed onto the Stormwatch/Bacon Creek blood.

Old Post 09-13-2014 03:00 PM
huntndog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntndog Click here to Send huntndog a Private Message Click Here to Email huntndog Find more posts by huntndog Add huntndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ranger
UKC Forum Member

nitro?

What nitro are u talking about Allen Gilstrap nitro or the grave digger nitro?

Old Post 09-14-2014 09:24 PM
Ranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ranger Click here to Send Ranger a Private Message Click Here to Email Ranger Find more posts by Ranger Add Ranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiverBluff
UKC Forum Member

No this Nitro is a big game hound in Wis! He is not related to either dog! He is out of dogs I have owned or raised that goes farther back to Sizzlin Heat, Pioneer, and the Walker's bloodlines

Original Home Of:

Gone but not forgotten!
Nt Ch Rancho Ruff

Last edited by RiverBluff on 09-15-2014 at 02:24 PM

Old Post 09-15-2014 02:20 PM
Ranger
UKC Forum Member

Nice

Old Post 09-15-2014 10:26 PM
Ranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ranger Click here to Send Ranger a Private Message Click Here to Email Ranger Find more posts by Ranger Add Ranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brock Wilson
UKC Forum Member

Stud dog

"Tenn Plotts Shirks Slinging Mud". Mike Shirk owner. Great guy to deal with.
Check him out under "Tenn Plotts" stud dog promotion page.

Home of
"GRNITECH CH D&B's Owl Creek Super Bee" (Echo bred)

Last edited by Brock Wilson on 09-17-2014 at 01:23 AM

Old Post 09-17-2014 01:18 AM
Brock Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brock Wilson Click here to Send Brock Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email Brock Wilson Find more posts by Brock Wilson Add Brock Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

Breeding

Scott I have been thinking about your post the last couple of days and decided I should tell you about my Trax dog.He is the kind of dog that does not throw any unnessessary mouth, infact he never barks twice in the same place unless treed. Good steady tree dog, runs no trash, never treed a possum, not an ill hair on him. That's all well and good but the best part is I know where there are two, year and a half male dogs that have all that going for them and even more. Trax is a Nite ch. Mo. and Il. are still close to each other, Ha. Give me a call we will talk Plotts.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 09-17-2014 02:48 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ranger
UKC Forum Member

People tell me post oak thunder is throwing good dogs

Old Post 09-17-2014 11:23 PM
RiverBluff
UKC Forum Member

Jim can you tell me what he is out of

Original Home Of:

Gone but not forgotten!
Nt Ch Rancho Ruff

Old Post 09-18-2014 02:42 PM
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Plott Male Ideas??

quote:
Originally posted by RiverBluff
Ok folks I am wanting ideas on GOOD plott male dogs out there that get the job done for breeding my two females. I don't care about titles at all or what the dog has won I want a dog that gets the job done with the meat time in and time out and don't care if he 100 bark a minute treedawg or all that jazz. Looking for dog that can get it DONE!! What I am breeding are my females: Becky will not be two years old until Feb 2015 she been 6 hunts won: 3-2nd places, a 4th place and 5th place win and the six hunt the hour got us in an RQE where she was leading was 625+ She is a nice female! My other female Lucy she is three years old and is a Water Champion and won a 2nd place in the first hunt she was ever put in! I got a couple males already I am thinking about just wanting to know what else is out their that I can check out!

Workman's Redwood Night Rider, should give you everything you are looking for in a Plott coon dog.

PKC GCH CHKC CH Wipeout 3 Bee
(Z3 x Bell)

PKC CH CHKC CH Rush Run Lil
(Nuck x Lilly)

PKC SCH CHKC CH Wipeout Shorty

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Kate
(Jack X Jill)

2013 IL PKC State Race Ch.
GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Little Miss Dottie
(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 UKC Bluetick World Ch
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch
2017 Battle of The Breeds Ch

NITECH 2018 PKC YOUTH WORLD CH PKC SILVER CH Dirty South Side

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH SKUNA RIVER QUICK
(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH Foggy Mtn. Gomer

UKC GrSqCh NKC GrSqCh Dirt Dodge's Jager

Old Post 09-18-2014 06:16 PM
Steve Raleigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Raleigh Click here to Send Steve Raleigh a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Raleigh Find more posts by Steve Raleigh Add Steve Raleigh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

His grandmother on the bottom side was the last female pup out of ole Ranger.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 09-19-2014 12:20 AM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brack carr
UKC Forum Member

GRNT CARR's REDWOOD SKID
NT Reaper is a pup out of Skid that is 2yr old. Reaper got a 2nd at the Michigan state hunt and is the high scoring plot this year at the word. all the pups in that litter run and tree most of that litter will grand out all but one. the next litter Skid had is out of my female only 3 pups lived out of 10 two of them have ran and treed a coon on there own the other has only be hunted a couple times, they are only 10 months old. the next litter out of Skid is is 8 to 9 months old and one of them are not for sale another one trees any thing it can, I don't know about the rest in that litter. the next litter is 4 months old and they are very tree minded an smart

Old Post 09-19-2014 11:16 PM
brack carr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brack carr Click here to Send brack carr a Private Message Click Here to Email brack carr Find more posts by brack carr Add brack carr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coyotejoe
UKC Forum Member

skid

Brack. where does reaper get all the black and the flagged tail, didn't see any brindle on him , is this tipical of skid pups. thanks for the imput

Old Post 09-19-2014 11:30 PM
coyotejoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coyotejoe Click here to Send coyotejoe a Private Message Click Here to Email coyotejoe Find more posts by coyotejoe Add coyotejoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zimmy
UKC Forum Member

Get him in the light and you can see brindle,but the tail I don't know,and don't care much.He's not going to win many bench shows,Reaper is by far the smartest hound Ive ever had and thats 25 years of dogs.If he's looked bad in a hunt,it is because of me .(most of the time).
I don't want to jack Scotts post,but when you breed hounds ability is first,then mouth ,drive etc....Looks should be your last concern.If it is there are plenty of show dogs out there.I could care less about breeding females.
But Skid is a fine hound and worthy of any opportunity to breed TOP females.And Brack is a a lot of fun and a all around good person.
If you need anymore input ,call me

Kevin Zimmerman

Old Post 09-20-2014 01:28 AM
zimmy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zimmy Click here to Send zimmy a Private Message Find more posts by zimmy Add zimmy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brack carr
UKC Forum Member

coyotejoe first I would not have said anything about Reaper if I was you. he is not neither one of us dog but scents you brought him up, the first time I saw Reaper was at plott days this year he is in the plott breed standards . he may not be show dog quality but has all the tools it takes to be a coon dog and a fine one at that. very few dogs are that good in any breed. I am very proud of him.
now to answer your question about Skid. Reaper was the only dog in that litter like that .Skids next litter was out of my female they were born Nov. 1 she had 10 pups all were nice looking pups dark in color but plenty of brindle with a few red brindles . the three that lived got heavy haired after month old but it was cold last winter and now they are slick looking. the third litter call Eddie Anderson it was one of his NTCH females that way you can get some one else opinion. the next litter out of skid wasout of GRNTCH Go Mandy ownd by Randy Switzer ask him how they look and how smart they are, our you could call Danny Scoggins witch had plotts for 30yr or more. he has gotten pups out of 3 different litter out of skid ask him how they look and how smart they are and how easy they are to train
I don't have anything to hide, SKid is a coon dog not a slick treeing idiots
sorry Scott for jacking this post and good luck on finding a stud that will suit you if I can help just ask

Old Post 09-20-2014 07:54 AM
brack carr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brack carr Click here to Send brack carr a Private Message Click Here to Email brack carr Find more posts by brack carr Add brack carr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Levi Ward
UKC Forum Member

Brushy creek bud again has a lot to offer. He's a straight coondog that's a real pleasure to hunt. Or we also have heyzeuss. Both of these dogs know how to get the job done right.

Old Post 09-20-2014 08:14 AM
Levi Ward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Levi Ward Click here to Send Levi Ward a Private Message Click Here to Email Levi Ward Find more posts by Levi Ward Add Levi Ward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coyotejoe
UKC Forum Member

skid

thanks for the comments, they are helpful

Old Post 09-20-2014 01:06 PM
coyotejoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coyotejoe Click here to Send coyotejoe a Private Message Click Here to Email coyotejoe Find more posts by coyotejoe Add coyotejoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
milkywayplotts
New UKC Forum Member

Nich Russells Milky Tig

Scott my ol Tig Dog is just plain coondog and straight as a arrow gets r done got 3 first place wins in 3 different states real good in thick coon and has put lots of dogs to shame in our tough coon country give us a call if interested 417-559 -4804

Old Post 09-28-2014 07:01 PM
milkywayplotts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for milkywayplotts Click here to Send milkywayplotts a Private Message Click Here to Email milkywayplotts Find more posts by milkywayplotts Add milkywayplotts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adktrapper
New UKC Forum Member

I know of a real nice dog in New York pm me

Old Post 10-04-2014 07:51 PM
adktrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adktrapper Click here to Send adktrapper a Private Message Find more posts by adktrapper Add adktrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCLC
UKC Forum Member

Call Les Bolen his Brindle Boy is a goodun

Old Post 10-14-2014 08:09 PM
GCLC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCLC Click here to Send GCLC a Private Message Find more posts by GCLC Add GCLC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote