UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > uterus infection
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
carpenter
UKC Forum Member

uterus infection

are uterus infection very common just lost a nice hound to one

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-27-2022 08:15 PM
carpenter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carpenter Click here to Send carpenter a Private Message Find more posts by carpenter Add carpenter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Rarely in a female that has never been bred. In 44 years of having hounds I’ve had 2 females that have had this condition. One of the 2 had raised a litter. The other had not. It is most often diagnosed in older females that have had at least one litter of pups. 95% of the dogs I’ve owned in that time frame have been females.

Old Post 05-28-2022 02:31 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COONDOG
UKC Forum Member

lost one this spring to it, and the whole litter. ****** deal!

Nt.Ch.ChKizmo's Tru-Blu Grit (MIA)
rudedogs99@hotmail.com
www.angelfire.com/oh5/trublu/trublu.html
http://www.acorn-creek.com/signatures/Grit.jpg

Old Post 05-28-2022 07:46 PM
COONDOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COONDOG Click here to Send COONDOG a Private Message Click Here to Email COONDOG Visit COONDOG's homepage! Find more posts by COONDOG Add COONDOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have had a bunch with a vaginal discharge but never lost one. I now give mine a shot of penicillin for a couple of days after breeding and after birthing pups.

Old Post 05-29-2022 01:31 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

some times

it sometimes happens when you breed one and do not take precautions to prevent it.. way back in about 1987 I bought a female that had had a litter never thought much about it.. I tried to raise a litter .. she had 14
puppies. well she got infection and it quickly turned to Pyrometria. the vet .. we started bottle feeding the ones that were still alive --5--
the vet ask how much I had in her... and how much I could spend.. sait it would be something over $1000 for over night and no guarantees.
we save 3 on the bottle.

like was mentioned a bottle of penicillin has prevented it from happening again

Old Post 05-30-2022 01:44 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote