UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog Food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
craig kline
UKC Forum Member

Dog Food

Looking for a good dog food around Logansport Indiana that won’t break the bank.
Fed Diamond years ago but stopped when they had problems and killed some dogs.
Was feeding Sportmix but don’t trust it now with their recent problems and killing dogs.
Have fed Ultra Advantage and Pride and liked both of them but hard to get.
Is Ultra Advantage still being made?
Thanks in advance.

The Good Ones will never be forgotten:
"RANGER" 9/9/96-1/5/07
"SON" 7/8/10-12/11/13

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-28-2021 10:37 PM
craig kline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craig kline Click here to Send craig kline a Private Message Click Here to Email craig kline Find more posts by craig kline Add craig kline to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dog food

Purina High Pro or Purina One, I feed both and mix 50/50. Great feed at a reasonable price and both can be bought at Wal-Mart. Dave

Old Post 11-28-2021 10:50 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog food

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Purina High Pro or Purina One, I feed both and mix 50/50. Great feed at a reasonable price and both can be bought at Wal-Mart. Dave

Check Sams Club…if they carry both they should have a better price…

Old Post 11-29-2021 12:29 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Once I had problems with Sportsmix I swapped to Valu-PAK…I was feeding the blue bag which is 26-18…
Now I’m feeding the black bag which is 28-20…
Just recently I started mixing the 28-20 with the 30-20…

The owner of the feed store said the last 2 orders she placed for Valu-pak the price had increased on both orders…

Old Post 11-29-2021 12:36 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Dog food

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
Check Sams Club…if they carry both they should have a better price…

I agree, but a lot of cities don't have Sam's Stores that have a Wal-Mart, my closest Sam's is 30 miles and not worth the roundtrip drive. Dave

Old Post 11-29-2021 01:05 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Dog Food

If you don't want to go the Purina route, there are a couple places that are Selling Joy Dog Food......one place is in Rochester & other at Twelve Mile....let me know & will give you more info.
Also....Rural King in Logansport has some decent Feed & Priced Very reasonable.....it's their FRIENDS Brand & have several Formulas.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-29-2021 11:53 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote