UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Box box size...is it big enough
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Billy Beckham
UKC Forum Member

Box box size...is it big enough

PKC CH, GRNITECH Beckham's Hillbilly Bones

Last edited by Billy Beckham on 02-14-2013 at 08:30 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2011 01:59 AM
Billy Beckham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Beckham Click here to Send Billy Beckham a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Beckham Find more posts by Billy Beckham Add Billy Beckham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stinkbait1
UKC Forum Member

i don't think so!

Old Post 02-08-2011 01:17 PM
stinkbait1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stinkbait1 Click here to Send stinkbait1 a Private Message Find more posts by stinkbait1 Add stinkbait1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cfishman
UKC Forum Member

Post pics when you got it mounted on your wheeler. Would like to see that.

PR Iron Mountain June Bug
PR Iron Mountain Daisy May
PR Iron Mountain Blue Scout

Old Post 02-09-2011 03:13 AM
cfishman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cfishman Click here to Send cfishman a Private Message Click Here to Email cfishman Find more posts by cfishman Add cfishman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Young
UKC Forum Member

Mike Smith made me one for my Ranger. It's up north so I can't give you the size exactly. It's made like a regular top storage box except the storage is only about 12 inches X the full width of the box which is about 48 inches on mine. Works perfect for my 10/22 and tracking collars, etc. . Where the storage ends it has a railing down the remaining sides of the box and across the back for throwing coon up there and they don't fall off. The storage is around 4 " or 5" deep and railing around the back part is the same height. The box has sliding vents on the sides with 2 doors and I carry 2 dogs to a side while hunting. It would like you say be a little tight for 2 for long hauls but that's not what it's for. This box lets me use the entire ranger box for size and still have a secure place for equipment and coon. Also make the doors as tall as possible to make it easier when the dogs jump in. The tail gate gives dogs a little foot room when getting in and out but don't forget to put latches high enough they don't stick out and hit the tail gate when you close it Had to put 2x material under mine so it would clear.
I was going to make this myself but Mike made a much nicer looking box and even painted it with that liner stuff they use for truck boxes. I recommend strapping it in since I hit a washout one night and laid it up on it's side with 4 dogs in the back. Everybody was fine but I did have the box tied down.

Old Post 02-09-2011 04:14 PM
Dale Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Young Click here to Send Dale Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Young Find more posts by Dale Young Add Dale Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote