UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Paid to hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Andrew Jones
UKC Forum Member

Paid to hunt

How much do you guys think someone should be paid to hunt a dog for one whole month? Not competition hunting, getting the dog in shape ready to comp hunt. It's already a coondog just needs to be put in the woods. Only thing you have to correct is he meets off the tree. You will already be in the woods hunting your dog. 3-4 nights a week

GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Tree Slammin Magnum(Grnitech Tree Slammin Hammer x Grnitech Grch Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX)
~2016 PKC Winter Classic Cast Winner

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-02-2015 06:53 AM
Andrew Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrew Jones Click here to Send Andrew Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Andrew Jones Find more posts by Andrew Jones Add Andrew Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crusader
UKC Forum Member

When I was huntin dogs for folks it was 400 a month.
The dog would be hunted at least 30 hrs a week.
If I was hunting a dog for some one now I would probably charge 600 a month.30 hrs a week is allot of woods time.

Old Post 07-02-2015 01:19 PM
crusader is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crusader Click here to Send crusader a Private Message Click Here to Email crusader Find more posts by crusader Add crusader to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

I've sent dogs to be hunted by a few different folks recently. $300-$400 plus feed seems to be about the standard going rate for 30 days. I'll tell you this though, I've had problems with every one of them. Also you cannt expect a potlicker to come back a coondawg in 30 days or even 60. Also send your hound freshly wormed and vaccinate. Discuss what you want done if a injury occurred. And put an eye on the kennel and other hounds there. Most importantly go hunting with the trainer the night you drop the dog off. Look for red flags. Send your hound with the highest quality feed you can afford, something high in fat. The feed will tattle on the trainer if he's not hunting your hound hard.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 07-04-2015 03:36 PM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrew Jones
UKC Forum Member

Slowpoke I am going to hunt a dog for someone. Didn't know what a good price is

GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Tree Slammin Magnum(Grnitech Tree Slammin Hammer x Grnitech Grch Black Creek Slamin Lucy HTX)
~2016 PKC Winter Classic Cast Winner

Old Post 07-04-2015 04:54 PM
Andrew Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrew Jones Click here to Send Andrew Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Andrew Jones Find more posts by Andrew Jones Add Andrew Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I've keep a hunting account the last couple years, and when I've hunted 3-5 nights a week I've spent around $300-$400 a month on gas. If you're doing it to make a lil extra money I'd say $500 is more than a fair price.

Old Post 07-04-2015 05:18 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote