UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Is the day of......?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gene Rogers
UKC Forum Member

Is the day of......?

Is the day of the WIDE huntin' get GONE/get TREE"D coon dog gone? I've had my dogs shot towards hollered at, a shotgun in the face ordeals here lately. I'm not trespassing on people to hunt my hounds as all don't know boundaries they just hunt. When I started this coonhuntin adventure and my dogs tree'd behind or on someone I'd just go get em no questions asked no harm/no foul. So what are some of you guys opinions on this?

"PR" Ch. Took's TwoPaw Blk Betsy
"PR" Black'd Out's Slam'n Blk Bear
"PR" R&M's Backwoods Blk Boomer

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2015 05:30 PM
Gene Rogers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gene Rogers Click here to Send Gene Rogers a Private Message Click Here to Email Gene Rogers Find more posts by Gene Rogers Add Gene Rogers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

It sucks ,, and getting worse for me

Old Post 06-28-2015 10:31 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronnie H
UKC Forum Member

Not alltogether safe even on a paid hunting lease.our dogs treed inside the lease but close to a road and a house as we were walking to them someone fired a high powered rifle,the hounds hushed we ran to the tree only to find a young man with a 243 rifle and the bark was pealed off the tree where they were treeing about 8' above the hounds head. He said that they were making his house dog nervous.

Old Post 06-28-2015 10:50 PM
Ronnie H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronnie H Click here to Send Ronnie H a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronnie H Find more posts by Ronnie H Add Ronnie H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reece Samuelson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie H.
Not alltogether safe even on a paid hunting lease.our dogs treed inside the lease but close to a road and a house as we were walking to them someone fired a high powered rifle,the hounds hushed we ran to the tree only to find a young man with a 243 rifle and the bark was pealed off the tree where they were treeing about 8' above the hounds head. He said that they were making his house dog nervous.

I woulda walked up and punched him right in the beak

Old Post 06-28-2015 11:08 PM
Reece Samuelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reece Samuelson Click here to Send Reece Samuelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Reece Samuelson Find more posts by Reece Samuelson Add Reece Samuelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
va.b&t
UKC Forum Member

we had people shooting both nights in tenn last weekend it was crazy

pr Iowa import Deliela
grntch taylors black powder

Old Post 06-29-2015 07:58 PM
va.b&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for va.b&t Click here to Send va.b&t a Private Message Click Here to Email va.b&t Find more posts by va.b&t Add va.b&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting

Guess I'm very fortunate around here. The house density is high but I've had very few problems. Only place I've been ran off was a place I had permission. Another no good, dirty coon hunter went crying to the landowner with a pile of lies. And that guy doesn't even coonhunt often, just didn't like sharing. I've thought about shooting his dog, but I'd never actually do it.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 06-30-2015 02:07 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Tallon
UKC Forum Member

The last time I had shots cranked in my direction I cranked right back. Haven't heard a shot since.

USAF proud!!! 6 Years active 19 Reserves MSgt (ret) Raven 457
Carpe Nocturnum-Seize the night!

Old Post 07-01-2015 04:30 PM
Randy Tallon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Tallon Click here to Send Randy Tallon a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Tallon Find more posts by Randy Tallon Add Randy Tallon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

Re: Is the day of......?

quote:
Originally posted by Gene Rogers
Is the day of the WIDE huntin' get GONE/get TREE"D coon dog gone? I've had my dogs shot towards hollered at, a shotgun in the face ordeals here lately. I'm not trespassing on people to hunt my hounds as all don't know boundaries they just hunt. When I started this coonhuntin adventure and my dogs tree'd behind or on someone I'd just go get em no questions asked no harm/no foul. So what are some of you guys opinions on this?

it sucks, only way i can describe it. i hunt where almost everything private ground and got a ton of ground with permission to have at it, a ton where handling dogs is fine, some where people arent happy but understand dogs are gonna cross lines, and some wish you had bullet proof vest on.

with technology we have with garmin and beeper/shocker i get every dog trained from young on if beeped you come back to where eventually can hear me or where we started. every dog that stays working here can be called off track, tree, ground catch, you name it. sometimes voice, sometimes beeper, sometimes with a tickle but with way things are these days having good handle is as important as anything to me.

since have had good tracking and training equipment almost every dog has been very easily trained to mind as much as i hunt and socialize with dogs.

it can really suck at times calling dogs especially young dogs back from hunting or off a good track. only good thing though is if in reasonable range a guy can start or stop a hunt at any time.

aint gonna lie though my funnest hunts are when know dogs can go for miles and miles in any direction without worry. wish every where was that way!!!

Old Post 07-05-2015 08:04 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote