UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Above ground kennel plans or ideas
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bartley Hainz
UKC Forum Member

Above ground kennel plans or ideas

I have been thinking about building some above ground kennels, I have been to the Scott’s website and printed the list of materials I need to build one like theirs. I am wondering if anyone has the plans for the Scott’s above ground kennels or some good ideas on how to build the above ground kennels.

If you have some information you could share with me, please e-mail me at bthainz@comcast.net

Thanks

Bart Hainz

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2007 02:28 AM
Bartley Hainz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bartley Hainz Click here to Send Bartley Hainz a Private Message Click Here to Email Bartley Hainz Find more posts by Bartley Hainz Add Bartley Hainz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigDawg95
UKC Forum Member

???

What website are you talking about I would like to visit that site?

Thanks
Johnathon

Old Post 02-27-2007 04:34 AM
BigDawg95 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigDawg95 Click here to Send BigDawg95 a Private Message Click Here to Email BigDawg95 Find more posts by BigDawg95 Add BigDawg95 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAREWOOD11
UKC Forum Member

KENNELS

WHATS THE WEBSITE YOUR TALKING ABOUT? I WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOME PLANS FOR BUILDING KENNELS TOO...THANKS

Old Post 02-27-2007 02:37 PM
DAREWOOD11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAREWOOD11 Click here to Send DAREWOOD11 a Private Message Click Here to Email DAREWOOD11 Find more posts by DAREWOOD11 Add DAREWOOD11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bartley Hainz
UKC Forum Member

Here is the website for Scott's they sell above ground dog pen kits.

http://www.scottsdog.com/kennelkits.html

Old Post 02-27-2007 04:41 PM
Bartley Hainz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bartley Hainz Click here to Send Bartley Hainz a Private Message Click Here to Email Bartley Hainz Find more posts by Bartley Hainz Add Bartley Hainz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

I dont know if your interested in somthing like this but, here it is....
Works very good for me.

Old Post 02-27-2007 05:24 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAREWOOD11
UKC Forum Member

HEY JOSH...LOOKS GOOD BUT WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR A FLOOR IN IT?

THANKS

Old Post 02-27-2007 05:51 PM
DAREWOOD11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAREWOOD11 Click here to Send DAREWOOD11 a Private Message Click Here to Email DAREWOOD11 Find more posts by DAREWOOD11 Add DAREWOOD11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

Better picture of the floor...

It comes in 2'x4' sheets that interlock, its a molded plastic material. It costs about 14$ a sheet.It is available through a company called FarmTek.

Old Post 02-27-2007 06:46 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

Josh, does it have holes in it? How big are those runs you have?

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 02-27-2007 07:43 PM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

Yes there are holes in it, I believe they are 5' X 10' runs.

Old Post 02-27-2007 08:00 PM
J-blotkamp
UKC Forum Member

I was just wondering, what is the advantage to having elevated kennels?

Old Post 02-27-2007 08:07 PM
J-blotkamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-blotkamp Click here to Send J-blotkamp a Private Message Click Here to Email J-blotkamp Find more posts by J-blotkamp Add J-blotkamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J-blotkamp
I was just wondering, what is the advantage to having elevated kennels?

The pee goes through.....

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 02-27-2007 08:29 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

Is it stiff enough to just nail to the frame? Or do you have wood underneath it?

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 02-27-2007 08:40 PM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLUEDUCK
UKC Forum Member

Advantage to above ground is less ticks & other types of pests and cleaner dogs.

Blue iron,
The flooring needs a center brace. It has pre-made holes for screwing to frame. Mine are on a steel angle frame.
Also the poly flooring does not hold bacteria like the poors in concrete might.

I hope to build a big set of kennels with this flooring in the next year. Plan to have four 5'-0 X 10'-0 runs on each side with a 4'-0 walkway between them an have it covered. I am sold on poly-flooring.

Something else is I don't notice the sores or raw spots on my dogs when on that flooring like I do when on concrete.

Last edited by BLUEDUCK on 02-27-2007 at 08:54 PM

Old Post 02-27-2007 08:52 PM
BLUEDUCK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLUEDUCK Click here to Send BLUEDUCK a Private Message Click Here to Email BLUEDUCK Find more posts by BLUEDUCK Add BLUEDUCK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAREWOOD11
UKC Forum Member

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW OF ANY OTHER GOOD FLOOR MATERIALS? I HAVE MY DOGS ON DIRT RIGHT NOW AND THE KENNELS ARE CONNECTED TO A BARN AND THE DOG HOUSE IS INSIDE THE BARN...IT WORKS GOOD FOR ME BUT THE OUTSIDE GETS REALLY SLOPPY AND I WAS THINKIN ABOUT EITHER ELEVATING IT OR PUTTING CONCRETE OR GRAVEL IN THE KENNELS...DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

THANKS

Old Post 02-27-2007 09:11 PM
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

josh how do you clean out from under it, or do you even need to. i like the set up. is the flooring very expensive? also how chew proof is it?

Last edited by coonsmen on 02-27-2007 at 09:59 PM

Old Post 02-27-2007 09:47 PM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coonsmen
josh how do you clean out from under it, or do you even need to. i like the set up. is the flooring very expensive? also how chew proof is it?

A rake works pretty good, Iv had this for 4-5 years and could count the times I have raked it on one hand.

Dogs cant chew it, its flat.

Old Post 02-27-2007 10:29 PM
DAREWOOD11
UKC Forum Member

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW OF ANY OTHER GOOD FLOOR MATERIALS? I HAVE MY DOGS ON DIRT RIGHT NOW AND THE KENNELS ARE CONNECTED TO A BARN AND THE DOG HOUSE IS INSIDE THE BARN...IT WORKS GOOD FOR ME BUT THE OUTSIDE GETS REALLY SLOPPY AND I WAS THINKIN ABOUT EITHER ELEVATING IT OR PUTTING CONCRETE OR GRAVEL IN THE KENNELS...DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

THANKS

Old Post 02-28-2007 01:57 PM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Concrete is the only way to go for me. Fleas and ticks are almost non-exsitant. Worms are much less. Dogs stay cleaner, look better, and toe nails get trimmed when they walk. Just makes things so much nicer. I have had all my hounds on concrete for over ten years and i have often wondered why i didn't do it sooner.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 02-28-2007 05:32 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

im having a kennel built here next week it will have 3 runs all concrete flooring

Old Post 02-28-2007 05:47 PM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAREWOOD11
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 03-01-2007 01:50 PM
JustinM
UKC Forum Member

anyone know how many yards of concrete are in a 30 x 20 4 inches thick

Old Post 03-01-2007 05:13 PM
JustinM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinM Click here to Send JustinM a Private Message Click Here to Email JustinM Find more posts by JustinM Add JustinM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott S.
UKC Forum Member

If I figured correctly, should be close to 7.5.

Old Post 03-01-2007 05:29 PM
Scott S. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott S. Click here to Send Scott S. a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott S. Find more posts by Scott S. Add Scott S. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

You're right 7.5 yds. Rule of thumb if using 2X4 forms, square ft. divided by 80 will give you number of yards needed. 20X30=600
600sq. ft. divided by 80 = 7.5

Old Post 03-01-2007 06:49 PM
1939 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1939 Click here to Send 1939 a Private Message Find more posts by 1939 Add 1939 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Chadwick
UKC Forum Member

Hey Bart I mailed those plans for you today its all up to the postal service now but they may have a tough time gettin outta iowa for a few days 6-12 more inches today and high winds later jay c. btw you owe me 68 cents j/k

Old Post 03-01-2007 07:15 PM
Jay Chadwick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Chadwick Click here to Send Jay Chadwick a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Chadwick Find more posts by Jay Chadwick Add Jay Chadwick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

how much (on ave of course) does a cu/ yard of concrete run?

Old Post 03-01-2007 07:24 PM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote