UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Looking for a dog trainer.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coch20
UKC Forum Member

Looking for a dog trainer.

Is there anyone reliable for hunting a young dog in the Midwest?
Thanks for any help.

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-31-2021 03:00 AM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I’ll be taking one soon as the fall ss is over…I’m not one of those cheap guys…but I have not only recommendations but credentials also. 270-724-8945 your welcome to call or text and I’ll give you the details

Old Post 08-31-2021 06:04 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
North Creek
UKC Forum Member

Jason is honest and you get what you pay for

Old Post 08-31-2021 07:57 PM
North Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for North Creek Click here to Send North Creek a Private Message Find more posts by North Creek Add North Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

I posted this same question a few months back. I decided on two people, ole hoss and another guy. Both in Kentucky. I went with the cheaper option. As previously stated, you get what you pay for. Was my dog hunted? Yes. But, when I dropped him off he was in immaculate shape. When I picked him up, completely different story. My advice, vet any one you consider sending a dog to. When you drop your dog off to the one you select, look over their dogs. It sounds like common sense, but if you’re anything like me you get tunnel vision once you start talking dogs with someone. I didn’t hunt my young dog for two weeks after I got him back. He looked terrible. You could see it in his eyes that he wasn’t feeling good. I know what one looks like when they’re hunted hard. But with proper feeding, they won’t look the way mine did.
Like I said, ole hoss was one of my choices. I should’ve paid up to get the best for me and, more importantly, my dog.

Old Post 08-31-2021 08:09 PM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Black Plott
I posted this same question a few months back. I decided on two people, ole hoss and another guy. Both in Kentucky. I went with the cheaper option. As previously stated, you get what you pay for. Was my dog hunted? Yes. But, when I dropped him off he was in immaculate shape. When I picked him up, completely different story. My advice, vet any one you consider sending a dog to. When you drop your dog off to the one you select, look over their dogs. It sounds like common sense, but if you’re anything like me you get tunnel vision once you start talking dogs with someone. I didn’t hunt my young dog for two weeks after I got him back. He looked terrible. You could see it in his eyes that he wasn’t feeling good. I know what one looks like when they’re hunted hard. But with proper feeding, they won’t look the way mine did.
Like I said, ole hoss was one of my choices. I should’ve paid up to get the best for me and, more importantly, my dog.

That seems to be the new thing people do to try to make you believe they been really hunting that dog. Fact is it shows they probably haven’t.
Don’t feel bad about your choice, if it makes you feel better I’ve not ever had one person to ask to look at my dogs or kennels when they drop a dog off. I would understand if they wanted to and I’d recommend doing that. They is tricks like running the dog on a treadmill, 4 wheeler ect to make them look like you have hunted them but I prefer just being honest. My honesty drives away ALOT more clients than I’ve ever gotten. If I could learn how to make your dog sound better than what he/she actually is and learn how to cut back on the feed I could be a lot more wealthy today….but I believe a man pays for the things he’s done in this world and I’ve already done enough bad stuff that I’m gonna answer for, therefore I do things the most honest way I know how!! I do what I say I’m gonna do. If I don’t hunt the dog I’ll tell you that, when I do I tell you exactly what it did and what I think…that is what most can’t take!! I promise you what im charging im not making nothing…really im losing money after I push that interceptor plus pill (everydog gets it day one) and that simparica pill (every dog gets it day one) down they throat.

Old Post 08-31-2021 11:01 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

Good luck!

Ph# 217-925-5543 or Email pruemkevin42@hotmail.com

We accept cash,check,or money order

Thanks for your business

Old Post 09-02-2021 08:54 PM
Kevin Pruemer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin Pruemer Click here to Send Kevin Pruemer a Private Message Click Here to Email Kevin Pruemer Find more posts by Kevin Pruemer Add Kevin Pruemer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
That seems to be the new thing people do to try to make you believe they been really hunting that dog. Fact is it shows they probably haven’t.
Don’t feel bad about your choice, if it makes you feel better I’ve not ever had one person to ask to look at my dogs or kennels when they drop a dog off. I would understand if they wanted to and I’d recommend doing that. They is tricks like running the dog on a treadmill, 4 wheeler ect to make them look like you have hunted them but I prefer just being honest. My honesty drives away ALOT more clients than I’ve ever gotten. If I could learn how to make your dog sound better than what he/she actually is and learn how to cut back on the feed I could be a lot more wealthy today….but I believe a man pays for the things he’s done in this world and I’ve already done enough bad stuff that I’m gonna answer for, therefore I do things the most honest way I know how!! I do what I say I’m gonna do. If I don’t hunt the dog I’ll tell you that, when I do I tell you exactly what it did and what I think…that is what most can’t take!! I promise you what im charging im not making nothing…really im losing money after I push that interceptor plus pill (everydog gets it day one) and that simparica pill (every dog gets it day one) down they throat.

Jason, I am proud of you, yes you made mistakes, but you owned up to your mistakes like a man. You paid for those mistakes and have accepted them as your fault. If I had a dog needing training, I would not hesitate to putting that dog with you to hunt. I love your measuring stick, just telling it the way it is, not the way someone wants it to be. I would not hesitate to buy s dog on your word alone, that's something to be proud of, as there are not many that I put that much trust in. Never met you, but still trust you . No b's to you and I like that. Dave

Old Post 09-02-2021 10:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coch20
UKC Forum Member

I found someone, thanks.

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Old Post 09-02-2021 11:44 PM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
Don’t feel bad about your choice, if it makes you feel better I’ve not ever had one person to ask to look at my dogs or kennels when they drop a dog off. I would understand if they wanted to and I’d recommend doing that. They is tricks like running the dog on a treadmill, 4 wheeler ect to make them look like you have hunted them but I prefer just being honest. My honesty drives away ALOT more clients than I’ve ever gotten. If I could learn how to make your dog sound better than what he/she actually is and learn how to cut back on the feed I could be a lot more wealthy today….but I believe a man pays for the things he’s done in this world and I’ve already done enough bad stuff that I’m gonna answer for, therefore I do things the most honest way I know how!! I do what I say I’m gonna do. If I don’t hunt the dog I’ll tell you that, when I do I tell you exactly what it did and what I think…

that is what most can’t take!! I promise you what im charging im not making nothing…really im losing money after I push that interceptor plus pill (everydog gets it day one) and that simparica pill (every dog gets it day one)

down they throat.

I don’t know what he charges and I don’t know what was paid. I also don’t want to disrespect anyone but $800-$1000 is reasonable.

Old Post 09-07-2021 02:11 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

Dylan Hood down in here NE Oklahoma is one of the best. he will take those young dogs out in a boat and turn them out on a couple of hot tracks and gets them going. Look him up on Facebook

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 09-15-2021 06:49 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote