UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > new garmin?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chasinbear
UKC Forum Member

new garmin?

ive heard garmin is coming out with a new system.anyone else getting wind of this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2012 02:08 PM
chasinbear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chasinbear Click here to Send chasinbear a Private Message Click Here to Email chasinbear Find more posts by chasinbear Add chasinbear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBBLUE
UKC Forum Member

Me 2 heard 20 dogs instead of 10 able to track handheld to handheld n a rechargeable battery on handheld . All good things hope there's more

Old Post 07-30-2012 03:44 AM
TBBLUE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBBLUE Click here to Send TBBLUE a Private Message Find more posts by TBBLUE Add TBBLUE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chasinbear
UKC Forum Member

hopefully it will have better range and more durable collars

Old Post 07-30-2012 01:58 PM
chasinbear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chasinbear Click here to Send chasinbear a Private Message Click Here to Email chasinbear Find more posts by chasinbear Add chasinbear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBBLUE
UKC Forum Member

It's out boys Garmin alpha 100 . A lot of improvements n a nice unit but not compatible with Astros or Dc's . Built in shocker.

Old Post 07-31-2012 01:30 PM
TBBLUE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBBLUE Click here to Send TBBLUE a Private Message Find more posts by TBBLUE Add TBBLUE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1Alockridge
UKC Forum Member

Link to the garmin page (i dont think the dc40,30 work on the new alpha 100. i think the only collar you can get is the tt10 and all of them have the built in shocker) I think it would be nice if you could get the tt10 with and with out the shocker.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do...&pID=107225

Old Post 07-31-2012 03:16 PM
1Alockridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1Alockridge Click here to Send 1Alockridge a Private Message Click Here to Email 1Alockridge Find more posts by 1Alockridge Add 1Alockridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chasinbear
UKC Forum Member

yea i think it would be hard on batteries if you done alot of shocking

Old Post 08-01-2012 12:52 AM
TBBLUE
UKC Forum Member

If i gotta shock my dogs that much to wear out a battery then i got bigger problems to worry about.

Old Post 08-01-2012 02:30 AM
TBBLUE
UKC Forum Member

The way I see it they had to change freqs. Alittle bit to get away from burning up units with are radios. Which had to happen if u got 2 yrs outa 1 without sendin it in that is a long time . So hopefully that helps.

Old Post 08-01-2012 02:35 AM
matt mcdonnell(kc)
UKC Forum Member

here`s a link to some videos on the new alpha 100

http://kcshounds.com/forum/viewtopi...=52&t=12258

585-216-5113

Old Post 08-01-2012 02:59 AM
matt mcdonnell(kc) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for matt mcdonnell(kc) Click here to Send matt mcdonnell(kc) a Private Message Click Here to Email matt mcdonnell(kc) Visit matt mcdonnell(kc)'s homepage! Find more posts by matt mcdonnell(kc) Add matt mcdonnell(kc) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacktandog
UKC Forum Member

Man seems like my 320 is still new. Seems like they needed to make a better collar first .That's 3different units for Garmin 1for sportdog and 0for Marshall, where yall at. And touch screen WTF I cuss this touch screen everyday not a good idea jmo.

Old Post 08-01-2012 05:10 AM
blacktandog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacktandog Click here to Send blacktandog a Private Message Find more posts by blacktandog Add blacktandog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chasinbear
UKC Forum Member

yea the collars still suck

Old Post 08-01-2012 12:05 PM
chasinbear
UKC Forum Member

the 320 works fine if they just had a stronger collar and had all the bugs worked out of em.i had 2 dc 40 collar go bad the same nite.those collars are plastic and made in taiwan so u get what u pay for i guess

Old Post 08-01-2012 12:37 PM
blacktandog
UKC Forum Member

Sounds lIke a nice system would probably get one right now,but already spent all my money on what's now the OLD system 8 months ago.

Old Post 08-02-2012 12:38 AM
blacktandog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacktandog Click here to Send blacktandog a Private Message Find more posts by blacktandog Add blacktandog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chasinbear
UKC Forum Member

yea me 2 spent a thousand dollars on a 3 dog system and they come out with something new

Old Post 08-02-2012 01:31 AM
blacktandog
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm I do need to upgrade my shocking system. Maybe I can talk myself into it....... Dammit

Old Post 08-02-2012 01:40 AM
chasinbear
UKC Forum Member

if i upgrade it will be to the marshall if it ever comes out.....lol

Old Post 08-02-2012 01:56 AM
nyyoter
UKC Forum Member

There are some nice features on the new system, but i don't like the fact you can't track the old collars with it, don't like the idea of the touch screen. Guess just have to see what the feedback is on them.

Old Post 08-02-2012 04:18 AM
nyyoter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nyyoter Click here to Send nyyoter a Private Message Click Here to Email nyyoter Find more posts by nyyoter Add nyyoter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote