UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Win Slips
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Win Slips

So am I the only one that is frustrated with the new hunt format not receiving a hunt or show win slip. Being an officer of a club, I can understand not getting a trophy or some kind of reward for winning but I am completely frustrated right now with the win slip thing. I take pics of the hunt report with my phone but have to go back and start hunting them up. I didn't take pics of my show wins and its been over a month since I finished my male to GrCh and the online points check shows him with only 3 wins. I know for a fact he has 5 and should be GRCH. He has 7 NtCh wins and they are showing correct. If I had his win slips, I could prove he had his wins but I don't have jack to prove his other 2 wins. Guess someone just kept my entry fee money. This needs to go back to the win slip format to help us hunters prove we have the wins and hold clubs accountable for getting hunt reports in on a timely manner!!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 09-30-2019 at 09:27 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-30-2019 09:25 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Would be nice to have some kinda proof.

Old Post 09-30-2019 09:53 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Use your phone, take a picture of the show report.

Old Post 09-30-2019 10:16 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Phone

I did that on his hunt wins but just didn’t get it done on shows. How much would it cost to use carbon copy paper and give us hunters something. Pay entry and hunt and win and have to go take a picture for proof. That’s crap.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-30-2019 10:20 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

It would be pretty easy and inexpensive for a club to have a printer to make some nice win slips with a carbon copy. Make them standard paper size and the winner could put them in a folder or notebook, or frame it. The club would keep the copy for their records. I have estimate sheets, invoices, etc. made for my business for about $50 for a hundred or more. If a club can not afford that, then there's a problem. Clubs don't award prizes anymore, a nice win slip wouldn't hurt. Jr.Steelman

Old Post 09-30-2019 10:42 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redneckcoondog
UKC Forum Member

the club has to keep records u need to contact someone at club where he got wins

Old Post 09-30-2019 11:01 PM
redneckcoondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneckcoondog Click here to Send redneckcoondog a Private Message Click Here to Email redneckcoondog Find more posts by redneckcoondog Add redneckcoondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redneckcoondog
UKC Forum Member

the club has to keep records u need to contact someone at club where he got wins

Old Post 09-30-2019 11:01 PM
redneckcoondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneckcoondog Click here to Send redneckcoondog a Private Message Click Here to Email redneckcoondog Find more posts by redneckcoondog Add redneckcoondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Clubs.

Yeah I’m going to call UKC tomorrow and see if they have the hunt reports submitted but obviously not if my wins aren’t recorded. My point is that we need some type of proof from the club of the wins. I really don’t think it’s too much to ask UKC to go back to some type of win slip.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-30-2019 11:06 PM
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

Yeah, I agree that it is frustrating.

First, they stop giving out trophies and now they stop giving out win slips also.

It's not hard to figure out why other registry hunts are doing better.

I still hunt UKC but it no longer has the same priority to me as it did in the past.

Hopefully they will change this or the clubs will figure out a work around soon. I like the idea mentioned above about printing up some club specific slips or certificates.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 10-01-2019 12:08 AM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Hey Darren . I feel your frustration.
There are a few clubs that just seem to always be late sending in those reports .

For every one that miss them.
Here are some options :

1) I saw UKC has a win slip book / slip book or something or other you can buy for 5.00. You fill it out and have official sign it.

http://store.ukcdogs.com/index.php?...;product_id=649

2)Take a picture of the report

Here is a couple things I have done....
3) I got one of those .50 cent spiral pocket notebooks.
Wrote up a few pages just like the win slips looked .
Fill it out and have official sign it. You'll never lose them either unless you rip them out as they are in a note book.

The last thing I also did.
4) I got some old bench show and nite hunt reports that were blank. I whited out the placement and Breed parts and photo copied them . Fill them out when you win and have official sign your home made win slip.
On the home page you can copy some HTX win slips .
Just scratch out the HTX part. The rest of the slip is what you need
This link will get you there.

https://www.ukcdogs.com/docs/huntin...ass-receipt.pdf

5) finally .Grab one of those event entry slips.Fill it out. Have the official sign it.

Very important … Make sure you date and get the clubs UKC I.D number also on that slip. It will help identify the club when inquiring about wins.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 10-01-2019 at 12:36 AM

Old Post 10-01-2019 12:14 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

I’d just like to have them because my buddy Tom says he wins all the time and he don’t have any proof. 😂

Old Post 10-01-2019 01:30 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
I’d just like to have them because my buddy Tom says he wins all the time and he don’t have any proof. 😂

Must be talking about bench shows...

Old Post 10-01-2019 03:41 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Comp hunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Hey buddy you got to stop doing the treeing contest if you want some win slips Now that you are going to be set up with hunting GR NT CH SPLiT CREEk HISTORY MOOCHERS WREN you should have a tall kitchen bag full GR NT 2 3 4 5 16 17 etc .you may need even 2 bags congrats an good luck in 2020 😂 Heres a fist bump from me to you ol friend 👊👊👊👊

Old Post 10-01-2019 11:45 AM
Comp hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Comp hunter Click here to Send Comp hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Comp hunter Find more posts by Comp hunter Add Comp hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

The last thing any club needs to hear is that the CLUB should purchase anything else, the club fees will continue to rise already, we in turn increase entry fees and get to hear all those complaints at the local level. Our little club is already running on a tiny string of a budget.

Old Post 10-01-2019 03:22 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Clubs

I understand that and that’s why UKC needs to send them with Hunt packets like they did in the past.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-01-2019 03:24 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Coby Wright

First, they stop giving out trophies and now they stop giving out win slips also.

It's not UKC that quit giving out trophies, it's the clubs option. Of course the club has to pay for the trophies which would increase entry fees if the club needed to make the same profit on the hunt to pay their bills so that a person has a place to go competition hunt.

Old Post 10-01-2019 03:46 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
It's not UKC that quit giving out trophies, it's the clubs option. Of course the club has to pay for the trophies which would increase entry fees if the club needed to make the same profit on the hunt to pay their bills so that a person has a place to go competition hunt.

I understand this. The entry fees are already increasing though.

When I started (at 14) getting a trophy was a huge draw. I still have a 3 foot trophy that I won in 2001.

If we want to appeal to the younger generation and keep our sport going it helps to give them something to show for their hard work and accomplishment.

UKC hunt turnouts are dwindling while the other registries are booming. You win a PKC or CHKC hunt and you take home cash and a win slip and even a trophy as well sometimes. The entry fees in those registries are comparable. So why are they able to do it but UKC clubs aren't?

If the club has a larger turnout they will be more profitable and trophies will help draw more people.

So instead of clubs complaining about the costs to run a club their time would be better spent on thinking of ways to be more profitable. Some clubs have this figured out already while others don't want to adapt and this will eventually lead to their demise.

Just my opinion from hunting at several clubs in several states and registries for many years and being a member at good clubs.

Old Post 10-01-2019 04:24 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

I never understood why they stop giving receipts in the 1st place! I can just imagine the confusion of trying to prove u won enough for titles!

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 10-01-2019 05:53 PM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Randy

That’s what I thought too. I did call UKC and got a recommendation to write a letter to UKC field operations and express my concerns and frustrations. If anyone has the same feelings as I have, please take time to let UKC know and hopefully we can bring back some type of receipts where we hunters have confirmation of our hounds’ wins!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-01-2019 06:00 PM
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Just my opinion..

.. a receipt should be provided so that when situations happen; report not sent in, misplaced, etc. etc... you have something to show your win. If you don't have proof and it doesn't make through, you are SOL. I'm not sure how much was saved when they stopped sending them, but I think its necessary to have.

Old Post 10-01-2019 07:39 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Randy

quote:
Originally posted by Darren Hollis
That’s what I thought too. I did call UKC and got a recommendation to write a letter to UKC field operations and express my concerns and frustrations. If anyone has the same feelings as I have, please take time to let UKC know and hopefully we can bring back some type of receipts where we hunters have confirmation of our hounds’ wins!!

No need to write in. We'll keep it in mind and see if we can't come up with a better solution.

We did offer the Personal Record Keeping Booklets, or create your own, but guess most don't care to take the 20 seconds it takes to notate the win info.

Those carbon copies get expensive and they change the report significantly. We would need to add more pages and see a lot of waste again. It's easy to say that paper is cheap. That's true unless you use it by the thousands. Add carbons to it and it's like gold butter. We were simply trying to eliminate the waste in the end. Like I said, there's got to be a better way and we'll see if we can't come up with a solution.

Old Post 10-01-2019 07:59 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Carbon copy

There would be no need for carbon copy if the hunter were the only one to get the win slip. Have a generic win slip that the hunt director or master of hounds can fill out to give to the hunter. They could put best of show or 1st place win in a blank labeled for win. There is no need for carbon copy if club keeps current copy of the hunt report. And there would not be waste if you didn’t list the placements on the win slips like you did before. You have a win slip with a place for Club- club ID- date- dogs name- owners name-placement- hunt or show and a place for club official signature. Tear off give to hunter. No copy needed for club.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-01-2019 08:06 PM
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Randy

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
We did offer the Personal Record Keeping Booklets, or create your own, but guess most don't care to take the 20 seconds it takes to notate the win info.

This sounds very condescending!

I can understand the trophy aspect, but no receipt sounds silly. It shouldn't be the hunter's responsibility to buy another UKC product just to have proof of a win. Nor should the burden be put on the club.

We aren't asking for the world, just for UKC to try to be on par with the competing registries.

It doesn't have to be carbon, a simple certificate or 2x6 slip would suffice. In fact a certificate could also be used in lieu of a trophy and I think many folks would be more than happy with that. Maybe not as fancy as the Certificates received for a new degree, but something along those lines.

If you piss off enough hunters it won't matter anyways. UKC titles already hold significantly less weight than they did in the past and the hunt turnouts are way down compared to what they where 20 years ago and when compared to other modern day registries.

Old Post 10-01-2019 08:14 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Allen

" but guess most don't care to take the 20 seconds it takes to notate the win info. "

I am a strong supporter of UKC and rarely hunt the other KC hunts. I know you are defending your own. I am not the only one who feels like their needs to be something that has an official UKC logo on a win slip that we can feel better about getting from our clubs. I have no intent on slamming UKC but feel like you would want to know the hunters concerns and I will assure you I am in the majority and not the minority when it comes to the win slip issue. I have titled a lot of dogs over the years in UKC and will continue to support UKC over any other KC. I will make sure going forward that I "take that 20 seconds and notate my wins!!!"

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-01-2019 08:15 PM
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Coby Wright
I understand this. The entry fees are already increasing though.

When I started (at 14) getting a trophy was a huge draw. I still have a 3 foot trophy that I won in 2001.

If we want to appeal to the younger generation and keep our sport going it helps to give them something to show for their hard work and accomplishment.

UKC hunt turnouts are dwindling while the other registries are booming. You win a PKC or CHKC hunt and you take home cash and a win slip and even a trophy as well sometimes. The entry fees in those registries are comparable. So why are they able to do it but UKC clubs aren't?

If the club has a larger turnout they will be more profitable and trophies will help draw more people.

So instead of clubs complaining about the costs to run a club their time would be better spent on thinking of ways to be more profitable. Some clubs have this figured out already while others don't want to adapt and this will eventually lead to their demise.

Just my opinion from hunting at several clubs in several states and registries for many years and being a member at good clubs.

I agree 100%. I want to win something. A trophy, leash, tee shirt, cap, coffee mug...something. I'm not the younger generation either . I could care less about a piece of paper saying I have a coon dog or a good looking dog, I already know that.

Old Post 10-01-2019 09:17 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote