UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thanks Wild Willy
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Lets Save some Hounds Live today !!!

HERE WE GOOOOOO !!!!!

The number 1 cause of Tree Aggression in the coon hound world today IS NOT Genetics !!! Over 95% of all cases I have cure have been caused because of Food Aggression, witch we create ourselves by feeding our Hounds separately their whole lives. ( they never have to share)Thes hounds become tree aggressive because they see the game as Steak and the Tree as THEIR Food Bowl !!!

This problem is on the Rise because we all breed for independency to win hunts and impress friends !!! Little did many know That Independency goes hand in hand with the Pack leading Alpha Male and Female and they are by Design to EAT ALONE !!!!

We are breeding entire litters of Alpha Hounds ,,, They are the most aggressive as this is their Langauge and how they control the Pack.
Aggression goes Hand IN Hand with Hunt as it takes aggression to open up on every track !!!

Want Depth and Drive are Tide to FOOD Aggression and The Alfa Is alway the best for he or she provide the food for their Pack !!!

Also as Smaller Kennels are easily available Hounds never have to share their food, Like years before when they where house together in big runs and made to share.

While rehabilitating food aggression alone Will Not Cure Tree Aggression Fully, because there are many more steps. It is the place to start.
I prevent FA in puppies by testing and training to Brake it. Then Tree Aggression never starts in most cases!!

My training is Vast but this is where I start !!!
Puppy F. A. Test n break
Nearly every litter has one or two food possessive or food aggressive pups in it.
Up until my puppies are 7 weeks old I keep Food and water available to them at all times. Then a week before they may find a home I test for and Break Food aggression and Food Possession right then!
Cause; Most puppies are fed at all times with ample food UNTIL separated and then fed separately for the rest of its life. Most people feed their dogs separately to Prevent Food AGG. little do they realize they are growing it! By Avoiding it Many adult dogs are never forced to share and become food aggr.
Test; When my puppies reach 7 weeks old I remove the feeder and feed all puppies in One large round pan, once a day for 3 days making each feeding later and later in the day, Inducing hunger lightly. Each day I watch for food possession, ( puppies standing over their food eating at the other end of the pan are food possessive) and Food aggressive puppies will growl or fight over the food.
Solution; Because it is best to make corrections in a dog as Soon as the problem Starts. I have designed feeding in the above manner so I may Control the training environment and Correct my puppy for it. Immediately upon food posession / food aggression showing itself I BRAKE It !!!! By Pulling the FP or FA pup back Quickly and giving a Negative Verbal Response of AGHT !! AGHT !!! Loudly while at the same time holding the puppy firmly but gently back, never picking him up so he has always stayed on his 4 legs. holding him back gently while he struggles to get to the bowl, I wait until he settles down. once calmed down I give the command OK and allow him to return eating. I repeat this several times until All my pups share all the time !!! Problem solved
Effect; I developed this method to be the most gentle way to break food aggression. Without any physical discipline at all I can break FP/FA by Simply removing them from the pan If Guarding its food (FP) or Growling (FA) and making them Watch and Wait Each and every time they act this way. Once they are calm I allow them to return. This is teaching my Hound that if he shows any FA he Does Not get to Eat and Thus he understand within his first encounter of competing for food That He MUST Share !!!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 06-24-2018 at 11:35 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-22-2018 08:37 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Step by Step

Step By Step samples to Come !!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 05-22-2018 08:42 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

I'm not trying to start a fight but this is ridiculous! You are just reinforcing that you are the pack leader pure and simple. Food aggression and tree aggression are two totally different things. One is pure instinct, the other is a character trait/flaw.

Last edited by dbender on 05-23-2018 at 02:25 PM

Old Post 05-22-2018 09:41 PM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dbender
I'm not sure why this topic and thread rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not trying to start a fight but this is ridiculous! You are just reinforcing that you are the pack leader pure and simple. Food aggression and tree aggression are two totally different things. One is pure instinct, the other is a character trait/flaw.

How much success have you had breaking aggressive tree dogs? Maybe we should all be using your method.

Old Post 05-22-2018 09:55 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I'm not sure why this topic and thread rubs me the wrong way.

Here we go again . As soon as someone starts giving their ideas on something you guy's start the negativity . I suggest if you don't agree with wild willy you don't read his comments . SIMPLE ! Thanks wildwilley for taking your time to post your training methods .

Last edited by rick brocious on 05-22-2018 at 11:02 PM

Old Post 05-22-2018 10:09 PM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
How much success have you had breaking aggressive tree dogs? Maybe we should all be using your method.

X2

I'm ready to give Willy's book and methods a shot. Looking forward to getting his book.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 05-22-2018 11:42 PM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc

None. I didn't offer a method to break an aggressive tree dog.

Old Post 05-23-2018 12:05 AM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rick brocious
Here we go again . As soon as someone starts giving their ideas on something you guy's start the negativity . I suggest if you don't agree with wild willy you don't read his comments . SIMPLE ! Thanks wildwilley for taking your time to post your training methods .

This is a forum!

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"
synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, rally, conference, seminar, convention, symposium, colloquium, caucus; More

I simply stated my opinion and Willy stated his. That is how this is supposed to work. Not sure why you would defend one opinion and totally disregard another. If I was writing a book and producing videos, I would expect a higher level of scrutiny and critique. Especially, if I was using a public FORUM in order to promote said book and video.

Last edited by dbender on 05-23-2018 at 12:14 AM

Old Post 05-23-2018 12:10 AM
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

https://personalexcellence.co/blog/...tive-criticism/

Old Post 05-23-2018 12:18 AM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varie...ctive_criticism

Old Post 05-23-2018 12:21 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Step by Step

quote:
Originally posted by wildwilly0161

Thank you for taking the time to offer solutions...just with you writing about how to handle the pups helped me to understand what I need to do...it is almost the same type of training to break a dog from fighting the leash...

Old Post 05-23-2018 03:21 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Willy puts his heart and soul into these dogs. He works with thee dogs because he feels someone owes it to the dogs to show people what they can accomplish with one and to also give dogs a better life by removing many of the problems they have that will get them mistreated. A person that is driven by the right reasons will accomplish many goals in life.

The biggest problem with our dogs is US the owners. We don't base our interaction with our dogs on a basic fundamental genetic trait that all our dogs have.

Old Post 05-23-2018 03:33 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Willy puts his heart and soul into these dogs. He works with thee dogs because he feels someone owes it to the dogs to show people what they can accomplish with one and to also give dogs a better life by removing many of the problems they have that will get them mistreated. A person that is driven by the right reasons will accomplish many goals in life.

The biggest problem with our dogs is US the owners. We don't base our interaction with our dogs on a basic fundamental genetic trait that all our dogs have.

Bruce...on what you said...

I post how to select pups because I hope the folks who don't have the experience I have can learn and produce better dogs...better dogs means less culling...also the training I have learned over the years I share on account I hope to save someone else the troubles I encountered along the way...I sometimes did it the hard way for quite sometime before that old light bulb came on...so I share to help in hopes of others having less setbacks...doing it the wrong way will create setbacks...

Willy...I am copying and saving your pointers until that book comes out...

Old Post 05-23-2018 03:54 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Reuben, the right reasons still go a long ways in the world today.

Reuben, I have come to find out that I do several of the things Wild Willy does with a pup. The difference is he does it with one goal in mind and I might have a little different goal or reason for doing what I do. But the outcome for the pup is positive and the method solves several issues.

This is unfortunately where this message board goes south. Many on here do things the same with their hounds but for some slightly different reasons. We see the differences in reasons and then choose to use that as a wedge to widen our differences, instead of working together and understanding we are all in the same boat. Just some may be rowing on the right side and some on the left side. But together we can move the ship forward while if one side is put down the boat starts to travel in circles.

Yes it is fun to stir the pot on the message board. Tar is a blast to get excited. But at the end of the day. Publicly it is not really the thing to do. Last count he was collecting semen by the gallons. You need more than goggles and gloves for that operation. LOL

Old Post 05-23-2018 02:07 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
This is a forum!

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"
synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, rally, conference, seminar, convention, symposium, colloquium, caucus; More

I simply stated my opinion and Willy stated his. That is how this is supposed to work. Not sure why you would defend one opinion and totally disregard another. If I was writing a book and producing videos, I would expect a higher level of scrutiny and critique. Especially, if I was using a public FORUM in order to promote said book and video.

The big difference is, Willy's opinion comes from knowledge and experience and yours comes from ignorance.

Old Post 05-23-2018 03:23 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Yes sir. Thank you for your response and you are untitled to your opinion. But I disagree. I always thought dogs treed because they were hunting. I always thought dogs hunted for food. A lot of people are not looking at the concept here. 98% of hounds that have been culled for tree aggression and other aggression issues would have never sunk a fang in another dog, unless they were defending themselves, if Willy would have raised them. There is way more to this than food aggression I can promise that. It's just the first step in teaching your hound who the pack leader is and they must learn to share.

Old Post 05-23-2018 08:57 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Yes sir. Thank you for your response and you are untitled to your opinion. But I disagree. I always thought dogs treed because they were hunting. I always thought dogs hunted for food. A lot of people are not looking at the concept here. 98% of hounds that have been culled for tree aggression and other aggression issues would have never sunk a fang in another dog, unless they were defending themselves, if Willy would have raised them. There is way more to this than food aggression I can promise that. It's just the first step in teaching your hound who the pack leader is and they must learn to share.

Old Post 05-23-2018 08:57 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Here is where I think we have some differences here.

Lets say everyday at 2pm you do a certain thing with your dog. Lets say that we find out at 2pm there are a lot of people doing the same thing.

Here is the difference.
Some will be doing it because they say that have always done it.
Some will say they do it because it helps aggression.
Some will say they do it because it help with health issues.
Some will say the do it just for socialization reasons.

Everyone that does it has a better dog and the results of what they are doing overlaps into solving several problems.

This is why I think it is dangerous, to write off something that someone does and wants to share. Again most people say " I have done that for years, that is nothing new. Just common sense and everyone should be doing it."
Or they get hung up on definitions used and words like aggression mean one thing to one person and something else or a broader definition to another person.

People like Wild Willy have a gift and dog training meshed into their brain. When they see a result of what happened during training they know if that result needs to be refined. If that result is good or just good for a short period of time and might lead to other problems. Comparing Willy's dog training to mine is like comparing my chess playing to a master chess player. I make the first move and it is a good move. Many of us make great first moves with our dogs. Willie makes the first move with the second move already in his mind depending upon the outcome of the first move. While I am thinking my first move was good and it may have been, Willies knows there has to be some more moves to win the game. He knows what the second, third or fourth move will be.

I hope as he shares stuff with us we don't want to insult him and turn him off from sharing. He may something so simple we say everyone knows that. Wait for his second move to build upon the first and it may surprise many of us.

Old Post 05-24-2018 04:08 PM
northga. mike
UKC Forum Member

I like this thread there’s a lot of good info. I hope to get a copy of Willy’s book as soon as it is available.

Old Post 05-24-2018 04:21 PM
northga. mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for northga. mike Click here to Send northga. mike a Private Message Click Here to Email northga. mike Find more posts by northga. mike Add northga. mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
northga. mike
UKC Forum Member

Willy I sent you a pm

Old Post 05-24-2018 04:24 PM
northga. mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for northga. mike Click here to Send northga. mike a Private Message Click Here to Email northga. mike Find more posts by northga. mike Add northga. mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

I knew better than to get caught up in the Wild Willy thread!

I'm not sure why a differing opinion gets such a negative response when it comes to Wild Willy? Apparently there may be some sort of cult that I am not aware of?

Like I stated earlier this is a forum. I simply offered my "opinion". I'm sure Willie's training ideas and methods are based on a lifetime of fooling with dogs as are mine. I'm positive a simple post or posts on a computer with a differing opinion isn't going to make Willy change his mind or training techniques. I stand behind my opinion as I'm sure Willy stands behind his. If you agree with his ideas and training techniques, mine or anyone else's differing opinions shouldn't affect your decision to follow his training methods.

If the idea that you should be the pack leader is a new concept to you then you definitely need a book or dvd in order to move forward in your training.

Thar's all I'll say on the topic. I wish the best of luck to all Willy believers and non believers with their dogs.

Old Post 05-24-2018 05:00 PM
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

Information is a tool, good or bad all depending but Mr. wild Willy has taken his time to chronicle all the lessons he has picked up on through the years and that right there speaks of his character. I grew up around some good dog men who didn't teach me a single thing about a hound. If it wasn't in there best interest you weren't going to know. I wish I could have hunted with this man and picked his brain. Thanks wild Willy though I do not have a problem with aggression. I still would like to get a copy of what you have going on. Thank you sir for taking the time to share your insight in this sport we all love.

Old Post 05-24-2018 06:05 PM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by blacksc1
Information is a tool, good or bad all depending but Mr. wild Willy has taken his time to chronicle all the lessons he has picked up on through the years and that right there speaks of his character. I grew up around some good dog men who didn't teach me a single thing about a hound. If it wasn't in there best interest you weren't going to know. I wish I could have hunted with this man and picked his brain. Thanks wild Willy though I do not have a problem with aggression. I still would like to get a copy of what you have going on. Thank you sir for taking the time to share your insight in this sport we all love.

Seen a guy was the same way with horses could take the worse of the worse and they would never buck with him. My grandma lived in town after grandpa died and had squirrels and rabbits she fed by hand every day I kinda got it I can pet dogs that bite other people they day that she past the animals left its like they knew. Animals are not dumb as most believe a dog can trail a coon that has been gone two hours and tree it just sayen.

Tar

Old Post 05-24-2018 06:13 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Step by Step

quote:
Originally posted by wildwilly0161

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Look forward to reading your book. Let us know when and where it is available. Ken Risley

Old Post 05-24-2018 08:49 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I think it was the way you chose your words is why some kind of got offended. And you're entitled to your opinion just like I am mine. But I'm not sure why some dogs are aggressive at the tree. And some dogs are aggressive over food. I'd say it's pecking order type stuff in regards to horses.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 05-24-2018 09:35 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote