UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thanks Wild Willy
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Wild Willy

This past winter I purchased a hound that had an aggression issue at the tree. The hounds main problem was with people. About the time my light would hit him walking into the tree the dog would turn and growl at me. He was out of control to get off the tree when you would put a leash on him. You also couldn't carry a coon out of the woods after you shoot one down to him. I remembered reading post about WildWilly and his expertise on dealing with aggressive hounds. I called him and he asked a lot of questions and told me it was not genetic that we could rehabilitate him. After using WildWillys way, my hound no longer growls at me when I pull him off the tree. He can be fighting a coon and I can give him one command and he will stop set down and stare at it. Willy understands dog language and how to communicate with them. I have been around a lot of good dog men and will guarantee he is on a different level. He is almost done with his book on aggression. Learning dog aggression,and how it works, will make you a much better dog man. WHEN YOU BECOME THE PACK LEADER YOU CONTROL THERE AGGRESSION NOT THEM. Dogs communicate with aggression. Learning how it works will help you prevent misplaced and unwanted aggression.

Thanks WildWilly I really appreciate all your help.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-18-2018 04:31 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

NWilliams

Sounds like Wild Willy knows his stuff about dogs. All the doubting Thomases should st least give it a try. If I had a need, I would be using his method. Dave

Old Post 04-19-2018 03:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: NWilliams

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Sounds like Wild Willy knows his stuff about dogs. All the doubting Thomases should st least give it a try. If I had a need, I would be using his method. Dave

It's for real Dave. He really is a dog whisperer. I wouldn't recommend training another pup without reading his book. Aggression goes way beyond just breaking tree aggression. We are culling and killing our best dogs. I quit hunting males along time ago. They would all turn tree aggressive between 18 months to 2 and a half years old. I now realize it wasn't genetic. I was causing the problem. Controlling aggression goes hand and hand with all coonhound training from off game breaking to accuracy. Sounds crazy but it's true. Think about it aggression makes them do what they do. In the wild the Alfa male and female are the best hunters. There the most aggressive. When you become your hounds pack leader and you know how to communicate with it it's amazing what you can do with these hounds. Willy has worked with hundreds of breeds. He says the coonhound is the most intelligent. We demand more out of them than any breed with long range obedience. He uses gental methods that work. No shocking and beating. It's mostly positive reinforcement.

Last edited by N Williams on 04-19-2018 at 03:59 PM

Old Post 04-19-2018 03:55 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Davis
UKC Forum Member

what is the name of the book?

Old Post 04-19-2018 05:55 PM
Adam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Davis Click here to Send Adam Davis a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Davis Add Adam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

i can't wait to read it where or should I ask when it will be available ?

Old Post 04-19-2018 05:59 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by groworg1
i can't wait to read it where or should I ask when it will be available ?

It should be available to coonhunter she in a month or 2. He is also going to video stltep by step how to break tree aggression. He's doing that now. You will need more than the book. It's all going to come in a package and you will have everything you need.

Old Post 04-19-2018 06:05 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

I hope it can do what they say it can. I know there are guys that just have a whole different level of understanding than most of us do. I also know that most aggression is taught not inherited. More times than not it could have been headed off in the back yard but the person never picked up on the problem.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 04-19-2018 06:53 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Always looking to learn a new trick. I'm sure I've spent money on worse.

Old Post 04-19-2018 07:00 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Willie's method works. I want his book as soon as it becomes available.

Old Post 04-19-2018 07:00 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I hope it can do what they say it can. I know there are guys that just have a whole different level of understanding than most of us do. I also know that most aggression is taught not inherited. More times than not it could have been headed off in the back yard but the person never picked up on the problem.

He really does understand dog behavior on a different level. He actually understands how to communicate to them in their language. I know we were talking on a different thread about accuracy. He says he watched how a dog that never missed a coon located the tree. He developed a way to teach his hounds how to do that. That I cannot reveal. That takes a lot of work but yes a dog that never misses uses one of its senses to see the coon in the tree before they locate. Makes sense.

Old Post 04-19-2018 07:38 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

yadkintar

I can see it now Robert hit/yadkintar/ robby/ need to get this book !! help him a lot !!! tar my phone is broken !! I know your reading this !! lol heck maybe I will also !! maybe I need it !! come to think of it I do !!!

Old Post 04-19-2018 08:16 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

His training is worth every penny. The man knows what he is doing.

Old Post 04-19-2018 08:43 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think this is great. I am sure like everything it will work for some people and some will say it doesnt. But we have to give this man credit for putting info out there that will help people out with their hounds.

Old Post 04-19-2018 08:55 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I think this is great. I am sure like everything it will work for some people and some will say it doesnt. But we have to give this man credit for putting info out there that will help people out with their hounds.

Bruce it will work it most cases. In some cases its genetic. Those need culling. As long as you have a higher IQ than the dog you will understand it and it will work as long as the aggression is not genetic. If you understand aggression you can break a wolf of unwanted aggressioni today. After they go to sleep and wake up there back aggressive. Willy basically uses wolf pack terminology ,because that's what our dogs use to be, todo this.

Old Post 04-20-2018 01:58 AM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
As long as you have a higher IQ than the dog you will understand it.

I guess I better just let Willy do it then!

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 04-20-2018 02:33 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Michael R

That was funny, but just isn't true. You are pretty sharp cookie, and are to be commended for running a successful business and being such a standup guy. Dave

Old Post 04-20-2018 03:33 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fortenberry
New UKC Forum Member

I’ve tried Willies methods and they work! I had a female that had a bad habit that I tried numerous methods to correct with no results, I was at the end of my rope until I was referred to Willie. It’s like I’ve got a new dog, With Willie’s method she’s on a whole other competitive level. He’s an upstanding, honest man who knows his dogs you can’t go wrong with him. Best decision I’ve ever made!! If you have that average dog with his help and time I would guarantee you’ll come out with an above average dog.

Old Post 04-20-2018 04:21 AM
fortenberry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fortenberry Click here to Send fortenberry a Private Message Find more posts by fortenberry Add fortenberry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

Does his method work on two legged females? The one I have here now is the most aggressive I've ever seen. Has to be hereditary. I think she's 90% wolf. She's not far from being culled.

Old Post 04-20-2018 10:59 AM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnyard01
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by barnescreek
Does his method work on two legged females? The one I have here now is the most aggressive I've ever seen. Has to be hereditary. I think she's 90% wolf. She's not far from being culled.

Now... That right there was funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!
GREAT POST! & P.S.--- I Married her sister!LOL!!!!

Old Post 04-22-2018 04:29 PM
barnyard01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnyard01 Click here to Send barnyard01 a Private Message Find more posts by barnyard01 Add barnyard01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by barnyard01
Now... That right there was funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!
GREAT POST! & P.S.--- I Married her sister!LOL!!!!

Lmao does she have kin in Canada by any chance

Old Post 04-22-2018 04:52 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alan Brown
Banned

Dog that never misses. Tells me right there he's full of it. Nothing is going to never miss at anything. Whether treeing coon,shooting free throws, etc.

Old Post 04-22-2018 05:01 PM
Alan Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan Brown Click here to Send Alan Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Alan Brown Add Alan Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Brown
Dog that never misses. Tells me right there he's full of it. Nothing is going to never miss at anything. Whether treeing coon,shooting free throws, etc.

I'm sorry you feel that way sir. Willy never said he had one that never missed. He said hunted with one along time ago. Just a question, if a dog had to see the coon in the tree before it located then how could it miss unless it jumped out.

I didn't believe my dog could be fixed of his problems. I called the best dog men I knew of. Some of the winningest handlers of all time.

Old Post 04-22-2018 06:17 PM
Alan Brown
Banned

I didn't say he had one did I? No I did not. But a dog that never misses is a made up fantasy, whether you own it or seen it, heard about it from your preacher or read it on Here! And a dog is going to see very, very, very few coon in a tree. It's just another guy trying to make money, which is fine, but don't try to blow smoke.

Old Post 04-22-2018 07:41 PM
Alan Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan Brown Click here to Send Alan Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Alan Brown Add Alan Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
And your question don't make sense to me. If he saw it to locate, then dog would seen it jump or cross and move on and tree it right. If is a big word, like I said when I was a drill Sgt and a private said if, if your auntie had a dick she would be your uncle.
LMBO !! go getem Allen !!

Old Post 04-22-2018 08:00 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I didn't say he had one did I? No I did not. But a dog that never misses is a made up fantasy, whether you own it or seen it, heard about it from your preacher or read it on Here! And a dog is going to see very, very, very few coon in a tree. It's just another guy trying to make money, which is fine, but don't try to blow smoke.

I never said they were seeing the coon with there eyes. Dogs noses are millions times stronger than ours. If they treated every coon like a layup before they located I just don't see how they could miss. In other words he says they locate the coon not the tree just because the sent ends there. I haven't seen this done just talked to a person. I did hunt with a Black and Tan about 20 years ago. Every time she would tree she would be directly under the coon. I only hunted with her about 4 times. Seen her do it 3 times. One time about 30 feet out on a limp of a pine. I do not know exactly how she was doing it but she was pin pointing those coons with her nose.

Old Post 04-22-2018 08:37 PM