UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ci1982
UKC Forum Member

?

I recently got a new male dog. He is 3. Big hound. He seems to wear out quick. Isn't making many trees and when he does he is so worn out after one turnout he can't even load in the back of the truck when we get back. Kinda acting real trailey and stupid like on track. His sire is a thyroid dog. Could this be his problem? Any of you guys that have experience with a dog that has thyroid problems. I am taki g him to the vet on wed to get it tested. Also i am friend with the guy i got him from so i have hunted this dog many times. Thanks. Chris.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2018 05:57 AM
Ci1982 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ci1982 Click here to Send Ci1982 a Private Message Find more posts by Ci1982 Add Ci1982 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

It could be but you are probably dealing with a tick problem. Make sure they check for it.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-23-2018 08:48 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tick desease, heartworm or thyroid, one of the three. Vet can check for all 3 at the same time. If you just got him from a friend, save yourself a lot of money and trouble and take him back.

Old Post 06-23-2018 12:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

As has been mentioned thyroid could be an issue as well S tick disease. It could also be something as simple as dogs just out of shape. If,you got the dog from a friend ask him about any health issues. Good luck hope it's not a tick disease it's a long slow road to ge them back to normal. Thyroid is not to bad to deal with once you get the dosage figured out. It just takes a second to give them a pill in the morning and the evening.

Old Post 06-23-2018 04:42 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ci1982
UKC Forum Member

Ok thanks guys. I may take him back. It was cool lastnight
And on the second drop I turned him in and drove a mile up
The road and turned my young dog loose. Sat in between to listen to both. Young dog treed first so i went to him. When i got to young dogs tree I heard the other locat and tree. He was 600 from me. I recast the young one and humped it fast to the other.
By the time i got to him he had already stoped treeing. He was just standing there looking like death. I didn't turn him back loose.

Old Post 06-23-2018 10:07 PM
Ci1982 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ci1982 Click here to Send Ci1982 a Private Message Find more posts by Ci1982 Add Ci1982 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote