UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ultimate Walker Cast
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Two Toes
UKC Forum Member

To much emphasis on those with the swingin sack. What about the ladies behind them & the ladies that catapaulted these males to gain their reputation?

One in particular I still consider the nicest walkerdawg I've ever hunted with was GrNtCh Shmershals Stylish "Queen". Hunted with her two nights in a row in snow & crappy weather. She was the kind I like. Also obviously has had a huge impact among the breed.

Another one is "Nite Heat". He was an awful nice hound as well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-03-2011 04:21 PM
Two Toes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Two Toes Click here to Send Two Toes a Private Message Click Here to Email Two Toes Find more posts by Two Toes Add Two Toes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Two Toes
To much emphasis on those with the swingin sack. What about the ladies behind them & the ladies that catapaulted these males to gain their reputation?

One in particular I still consider the nicest walkerdawg I've ever hunted with was GrNtCh Shmershals Stylish "Queen". Hunted with her two nights in a row in snow & crappy weather. She was the kind I like. Also obviously has had a huge impact among the breed.

you're right about the great females and i've always if had the chance would rather hunt a female. stylish queen was one of the best females, would tree a coon as easy as any dog, male or female. i've hunted with her, judged and guided her. along with stylish molley,dolley, babe and boz. boz and dolley was from the cross of bozo x queen and babe and molley were from the cross of lipper x queen. i seen all four of them tree coon like champs when they were about 15mos old. that's when chuck had them all at his place, as well as half pint patty. boz beloned to ed yates then.

Last edited by Rick Dennison on 08-03-2011 at 05:42 PM

Old Post 08-03-2011 05:34 PM
Rick Dennison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Dennison Click here to Send Rick Dennison a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Dennison Find more posts by Rick Dennison Add Rick Dennison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

NITE HEAT

and yes, he was a fine hound. hats off to gary davis..

Old Post 08-03-2011 05:37 PM
Rick Dennison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Dennison Click here to Send Rick Dennison a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Dennison Find more posts by Rick Dennison Add Rick Dennison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

quote:

the best foundation for a coondog is a great female.

Old Post 08-03-2011 05:39 PM
Two Toes
UKC Forum Member

Rick,You didn't by chance judge us at Ashland with my "Toad" dog & "Queen"? Drew her both nites in the snow & had Larry Wilcox' "Bingo" dog one of those nights & he withdrew after findin his dog chewin on a old deer carcass while "Toad" & "Queen" where blowin'er down 200 yards away. "Queen" won the cast the first night & "Toad" won it the second night. Chuck was handlin her & we had a split tree festival both nights. Don't remember who else was in our casts either night?

Woulda been '87 or '88?

The reason I ask is I see your from Ashland & said you judged her.

Old Post 08-03-2011 06:38 PM
Two Toes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Two Toes Click here to Send Two Toes a Private Message Click Here to Email Two Toes Find more posts by Two Toes Add Two Toes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cody walker
UKC Forum Member

My fav. cast

Sackett Jr.
Hillbilly Mac
Dohoney's Boone
Hammerin Earl

Old Post 08-03-2011 07:48 PM
cody walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cody walker Click here to Send cody walker a Private Message Click Here to Email cody walker Find more posts by cody walker Add cody walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harley Smith
UKC Forum Member

the ultimate cast would be to take the best of reds, blues, b/t , english, and walkers.

Old Post 08-03-2011 07:57 PM
Harley Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harley Smith Click here to Send Harley Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Harley Smith Find more posts by Harley Smith Add Harley Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Rick,You didn't by chance judge us at Ashland with my "Toad" dog & "Queen"? Drew her both nites in the snow & had Larry Wilcox' "Bingo" dog one of those nights & he withdrew after findin his dog chewin on a old deer carcass while "Toad" & "Queen" where blowin'er down 200 yards away. "Queen" won the cast the first night & "Toad" won it the second night. Chuck was handlin her & we had a split tree festival both nights. Don't remember who else was in our casts either night?

Woulda been '87 or '88?

The reason I ask is I see your from Ashland & said you judged her.

i probably did judge you two then, i judged queen all over.

Old Post 08-03-2011 07:59 PM
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

i judged the the black n tan days in 92 or 93 here in ashland and drew watson's buck and chenoweth's smokey ll and they both scored over 1000+ and buck won it. they were on a coon treein mission, don't remember what happened to the other two dogs. i know rob wallen and jimmy magill would remember that night !!!

Old Post 08-03-2011 08:10 PM
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Currens Jr.
pioneers drum

I heard this story on the challenge of the Plott dog and Banjo II. Benny
Moore owned the Plott dog, and it`s name was Conleys Black Joe. My friend was on the cast that night, just spectating! If it`s the same challenge, he said it was in Leesburg, Ohio, and it was some rough hunting. Berton Oney was the judge, James Merchant handled Banjo II
and Wayne Harrison handled Joe!

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 08-03-2011 08:19 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zzz22zzz
UKC Forum Member

Re: casts

quote:
Originally posted by rick dennison
#1 DIAMOND JIM- BEANBLOSSOM BUCK- CAROLINA CASEY- ROB'S DANNY BOY, #2 INCREDABLE ROCK- MERCHANT'S FANNIE- DEEP RIVER MIKE- KATIES ROWDY, #3 HOUSE'S BAWLIE- SPOT LIGHT SPORT (BAWLIE'S BROTHER OWNED BY J.C. ELLIS)- STAN'S SAILOR JUNIOR- FINLEY RIVER SPOT, #4 STAN'S SAILOR BOY- SPRING CREEK SMOKEY- GANN'S FINISHER- VANCE'S CROWDING BILLY, #5 TENN. LEAD- HOUSE'S TOM TOM- STRIKER- WHITE RIVER BOONE. - ALL OF THESE DOGS WERE WORLD CHAMPONS EXCEPT FOR SPOT LIGHT SPORT.

Finally someone else agree's on crowding billy

Old Post 08-03-2011 09:36 PM
zzz22zzz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zzz22zzz Click here to Send zzz22zzz a Private Message Find more posts by zzz22zzz Add zzz22zzz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tree Bark85
UKC Forum Member

Houses Lipper
Dohoneys Boone
Stylish Clover
Yadkin Tar Rattler

I think this would have been a good cast of hounds.

Old Post 08-03-2011 11:30 PM
Tree Bark85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tree Bark85 Click here to Send Tree Bark85 a Private Message Find more posts by Tree Bark85 Add Tree Bark85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
you're right about the great females and i've always if had the chance would rather hunt a female. stylish queen was one of the best females, would tree a coon as easy as any dog, male or female. i've hunted with her, judged and guided her. along with stylish molley,dolley, babe and boz. boz and dolley was from the cross of bozo x queen and babe and molley were from the cross of lipper x queen. i seen all four of them tree coon like champs when they were about 15mos old. that's when chuck had them all at his place, as well as half pint patty. boz beloned to ed yates then.
I think Molly, Dolly, Boz and Patch were out of Bozo n Queen,... Babe, Chirpee, and Stylish Lipper were out of Lipper and Queen.

Old Post 08-04-2011 12:46 AM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chiggers
I think Molly, Dolly, Boz and Patch were out of Bozo n Queen,... Babe, Chirpee, and Stylish Lipper were out of Lipper and Queen.
I MIGHT BE WRONG, BUT I THINK CHUCK BACK IN THE DAY TOLD ME THAT MOLLEY WAS OUT OF LIPPER X QUEEN. THE SAME TIME I HUNTED ALL OF THEM, WHITEY WAS JUST A YEARLING (UNDER AYEAR) AND HE HUNTED, RAN AND TREED LIKE A OLD DOG. ED YATES HAD BOZ THEN AND SHORTLY AFTER THAT PASSED AWAY. ED WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE AND ALOT MORE OTHER PEOPLE. ANYWAYS, ABOUT THOSE DOGS, THEY WERE COONDOGS !!! AND STYLISH QUEEN WAS THAT FOUNDATION !!!

Old Post 08-04-2011 02:16 AM
Whordel
Banned

I would have loved to put my old country coondog up against any of these fine hounds just to see how good they really were,after all they are just dogs.

2012 Autumn Oaks Cast Win
2012 Qualified Lee Crawford
2012 Qualified Purina National
2013 Walker Days Cast Win
2013 Qualified ACHA World
2 Wins toward Grand
Back to work so the hunting and hunts are over for now lol.
*2013 Performance Sire*

***RIP Gr.Nt.Ch River Kennel Rock***

Chris Cordle
BOSS LIGHTS
CCC
Carter County Cooners

Old Post 08-04-2011 02:23 AM
Whordel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whordel Click here to Send Whordel a Private Message Find more posts by Whordel Add Whordel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOHNNY CHAPMAN
UKC Forum Member

would like to see magic trick, wipeout koy and showbiz liz hunt a week one on one with any of them

Old Post 08-04-2011 05:12 AM
JOHNNY CHAPMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOHNNY CHAPMAN Click here to Send JOHNNY CHAPMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email JOHNNY CHAPMAN Find more posts by JOHNNY CHAPMAN Add JOHNNY CHAPMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by john nannemann
i'm not really a walker man, but the best i ever hunted with was a female named grnt piney hill liz. lighting fast bitch make you scratch your head wondering what's going on. was owned by john rich when i drew her.
I USED TO HUNT LIZ AFTER HENRY HITT FROM INDIANA BOUGHT HER, SHE WAS ONE OF THE NICES FEMALES OUT THERE BACK IN THE DAY. THAT'S THE SAME TIME WHEN HENRY OWNED CADILLAC STYLE,STONEY CREEK MACK AND HENRY'S QUICK STOP.

Old Post 08-04-2011 04:41 PM
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

Carolina Casey 68,69,Incredible Rock 51,52
Buck Creek Mr Smith 05,08 Buck Creek Gracie 89

Old Post 08-04-2011 05:01 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deschmidt27
UKC Forum Member

Every year four kennel clubs crown a "world champion"... wouldn't it be nice to see those four dogs go??? Sort of an Undisputed World Champion cast.

And... aren't the world champions always Walkers, anyway?!?

Dave

Old Post 08-05-2011 07:18 PM
deschmidt27 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deschmidt27 Click here to Send deschmidt27 a Private Message Click Here to Email deschmidt27 Find more posts by deschmidt27 Add deschmidt27 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

in 1992 i was in the final four of the world hunt and (jessie) a bluetick won it.

Old Post 08-08-2011 03:55 AM
JOE MCAVOY

Ya know all years we been friends iv heard just about every dog story you have but I can't remember the story on the final four in 92? I know you hunted hawk .... let's near it!

Old Post 08-09-2011 05:18 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Espinosa
UKC Forum Member

Dream cast for me.... I may be a little bias lol.

Cast #1
1. River Bend Flag

2. Logan's Wild Clover

3. Magill's Lone Pine Jill

4. Owen's Hardwood Bozo

Cast#2
1. Tony's Wild Clover

2. Wessel's Wild Casey

3. Lone Pine Bozo

4. Tony's Wild Joey (World Champ)

*NGRNCH. GRNITECH. GRCH. Wild Card's Buddy (2013 Autumn Oaks National Grand Night Champion)
*GRNITECH. PKC Silver CH. Wessel's Wild Card (Frozen Semen)
*GRNITECH CH. Bone Collector's Baby (2013 Autumn Oaks Final 4)

"IT'S AS SIMPLE AS BLACK AND WHITE"

*Owner & Handler: Mike Espinosa 937-605-9738
4149 Camelot Dr. Springfield Oh. 45503

*** Sponsered By***
*Split Tree Dog Supplies*

Contact Mike Countryman for all your Hunting needs.
(513)-300-9547
(937)-393-1462

Old Post 08-09-2011 01:11 PM
Mike Espinosa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Espinosa Click here to Send Mike Espinosa a Private Message Find more posts by Mike Espinosa Add Mike Espinosa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
in 1992 i was in the final four of the world hunt and (jessie) a bluetick won it.

1992 winner was an English dog that looked like a bluetick. It is posted on the coonhounds page that way anyway. It was named Jesse

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 08-09-2011 07:27 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bush whacker
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see a couple of the older blood dog against a couple of present day hounds so here goes. Diamond Jim Hillbilly Mac Buck creek Mr. Smith and Mr. Clean. who is your pick to win?

Old Post 08-09-2011 09:39 PM
bush whacker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bush whacker Click here to Send bush whacker a Private Message Click Here to Email bush whacker Find more posts by bush whacker Add bush whacker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harley Smith
UKC Forum Member

the one with the highest score. lol

Old Post 08-09-2011 09:44 PM
Harley Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harley Smith Click here to Send Harley Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Harley Smith Find more posts by Harley Smith Add Harley Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote