UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Gr.Ch. Swampmusic Pride's 13th Bday Bash...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Ch. Swampmusic Pride's 13th Bday Bash...

Pride turned 13 on Saturday, I wasn't able to cut him loose Saturday night but I was able to get him and Robin to the woods on Sunday night.
They struck a track shortly after cutting them loose and worked it over 400 yards before getting hooked. Robin got treed a good bit in front of Pride.

It's hard to see him struggle, but I know he enjoyed his trip to the woods. BUT it may have been his last time to the woods. I'm glad I was able to get some pictures and video of him one last time.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-06-2019 02:11 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Great Stuff

Hobo,

That's good stuff right there! That's what it's all about. Give the old timer 1 last go around. Sad to see them age but you will always have many fond memories.

Hoosier

Old Post 11-06-2019 11:10 AM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Dennis

Glad you are getting to enjoy him all the way through his life. He has been a good hound for you.

Old Post 11-06-2019 01:05 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Happy birthday Pride, I've got a soft spot for old dogs! If he's anything like ours he doesn't realize he is even old. Mafia won Cheyenne a non sanctioned $ hunt back in September, you've never seen a dog so excited to go to a hunt, would have thought he was 4 instead of nearly 13.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-06-2019 04:26 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warn
UKC Forum Member

They all get old to fast,i remember when he was a puppy Hobo goodluck with your next venture

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 11-06-2019 07:13 PM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Hoosier.. He and I have traveled several miles together doing what we love to do.

quote:
Originally posted by Corey Gruver
Glad you are getting to enjoy him all the way through his life. He has been a good hound for you.

Corey yes he has!!

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Happy birthday Pride, I've got a soft spot for old dogs! If he's anything like ours he doesn't realize he is even old. Mafia won Cheyenne a non sanctioned $ hunt back in September, you've never seen a dog so excited to go to a hunt, would have thought he was 4 instead of nearly 13.

He gets excited every time I get him out of the kennel. Even more so when I start towards the truck with him on a leash.

quote:
Originally posted by warn
They all get old to fast,i remember when he was a puppy Hobo good luck with your next venture

Warn I still remember the day he was born and the night he treed his first coon, split treed from his sire.

Thanks!

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-07-2019 03:07 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I seldom keep one thirteen months, thirteen years is impressive. He's a good looking 'ol dude that has no doubt lived a charmed life. You've got a line of dogs that has brought you alot of enjoyment for alot of years, and that's a rare accomplishment and something to be proud of. Be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous...

Old Post 11-07-2019 03:28 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Highfill
I seldom keep one thirteen months, thirteen years is impressive. He's a good looking 'ol dude that has no doubt lived a charmed life. You've got a line of dogs that has brought you alot of enjoyment for alot of years, and that's a rare accomplishment and something to be proud of. Be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous...

Pride has lived longer than the previous ones. Lobo made it to 12 1/2, Boone just to 7.

Nothing to be jealous of here, I'm just hunting and having a good time with my friends.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-07-2019 08:48 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hobo

I have one that will be 14 in December, I still hunt him a couple times each winter, but I hunt him by himself. Hunting by himself, he is not getting pushed by another dog and he still trees coons every time he gets hunter. Dave

Old Post 11-07-2019 08:57 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking dog for thirteen years of age...the young dog is very good looking as well...

Old Post 11-08-2019 04:29 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

I have one that will be 17 in December. Haven’t hunted him in a few years. I love having the old man around, just hate seeing the end come.

Old Post 11-10-2019 12:48 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

I have one that will be 17 in December. Haven’t hunted him in a few years. I love having the old man around, just hate seeing the end come.

Old Post 11-10-2019 12:48 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote