UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What If????
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

What If????

If you could change any rule in any kc what WD it be and why?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-27-2017 11:57 PM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

STRIKE POINTS-25 ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!!!

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 06-28-2017 12:38 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Go back to 4 hr hunts the rest would work it's self out lol.

Old Post 06-28-2017 02:09 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Go back to 4 hr hunts the rest would work it's self out lol.

4 hours ? Just how old are you anyways lol

Old Post 06-28-2017 02:25 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

59 yrs old ok 3hrs then lol how many of today's dogs would last three hours without minusing out and have plus points. They are to used to one hour hunts no plus points and you can't minus out lol.

Old Post 06-28-2017 02:32 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

I have to beat someone to this, lol possums double the points.

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:32 AM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Philip
I have to beat someone to this, lol possums double the points.
lol,altered grandnite,been going on down here for years,lmao

Old Post 06-28-2017 04:13 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

I guess in a 4 HR hunt I WD have to change dog colors to blue lol then I may have one treed by then LMAO

Old Post 06-28-2017 11:04 AM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Lets stir it up some. Keep the two hunts and all rules the same as they are now. Add any dog that consistenately splits away from pack, more than once for duration of hunt, be scratched from the cast. That would be a real game changer and put things back as they were intended to be. It would also stop all the complaining about handlers being left in the woods hunting a dog etc...Hmmmmmm.....meant as a joke, but it might have teeth....??????????

Bad thing here is I have one that would be scratched on the second drop.....oh wait...that's the 15 minute non hunting dog rule...

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Last edited by Robert Johnson on 06-28-2017 at 01:26 PM

Old Post 06-28-2017 01:23 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

I personally wished they WD ban hunting on buckets in all KC'S I hate dogs that pack together cause fights ppl calling your dog for there's on strike but that's my 2 cents

Old Post 06-28-2017 01:46 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Scratch for slick tree.

Old Post 06-28-2017 02:54 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coondog123
UKC Forum Member

Bar the handler along with his dog for being scratched 3 times for fighting. The handler is just as guilty as the dog for bringing a Ill dog to a hunt.

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:15 PM
Coondog123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coondog123 Click here to Send Coondog123 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coondog123 Find more posts by Coondog123 Add Coondog123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

I like the 25 strike across the board idea and the bucket idea I say do like the finals make a cast winner tree a coon by self if not scratched oh automatic 100 minus for a babbling idiot

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:21 PM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by treedog2345
I like the 25 strike across the board idea and the bucket idea I say do like the finals make a cast winner tree a coon by self if not scratched oh automatic 100 minus for a babbling idiot

And if the handlers babble more Than the dog scratch them also for interference

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:31 PM
Randy Woodard
UKC Forum Member

Scratch the dog for splitting from the others? So if 3 dogs slick tree 2 times and 1 trees 2 coons seen they'll be scratched!!! Lol Sounds about right I guess

PR. WOODARDS ALLGRAND ANN ( SPIDER X LIZ PUP)
PR. WOODARDS HARDWOOD DOC ( SPIDER X LIZ PUP)
Nt.ch. all night Hanna
Nt.ch. Dual Fuel Frisky

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:44 PM
Randy Woodard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Woodard Click here to Send Randy Woodard a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Woodard Find more posts by Randy Woodard Add Randy Woodard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

jmo

No leash lock rule.
Recast from your tree.

Old Post 06-28-2017 03:47 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I like Coondog 123's proposal. That makes the most sense to me. Every handler knows after the second offense just how touchy the dog is that they are hunting. If you bring it back for the 3rd time and it happens again, both you and the dog can take a little time out!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 06-28-2017 05:14 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Coondog123
Bar the handler along with his dog for being scratched 3 times for fighting. The handler is just as guilty as the dog for bringing a Ill dog to a hunt.
x2,more guilty. Around here that would bar some whole kennels. Touchy ain't the word for it. Their in fight mode soon as they come out of box.These sum b' s growl and fight on leash.don't try and stop' em ,they' ll put stitches in you too.

Last edited by swamp1 on 06-28-2017 at 06:05 PM

Old Post 06-28-2017 05:53 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

''ALL'' hand held devises ''off'' during hunt time, I get tired of seeing guys watch their screens while hunting, yes I'd include the cell phones too.
I believe it'd change the dogs we hunt if you had to listen for your dog instead of watching what direction o'spot or blue or red was and getting the cast to walk in that direction.

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-28-2017 06:38 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Tree scoring needs a countdown in UKC. If a dog covers at 4:45 in the countdown, it should not get 75 for covering! That dog was never running that track to start with.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 06-28-2017 06:49 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

I don't see how people looking at there phone or garmin hurts anything. You have too be able to hear the dog too strike or tree it. If somebody is looking at screens and not paying attention it should make it easier on the ones paying attention

Old Post 06-28-2017 07:33 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb
I don't see how people looking at there phone or garmin hurts anything. You have too be able to hear the dog too strike or tree it. If somebody is looking at screens and not paying attention it should make it easier on the ones paying attention

Never meant to say it hurt anything, shoot I think these trackers are one of the best tools going, love em. but with that said I sure think they have changed the way our dogs hunt today from 20--30 years ago--always loved a dog that would split tree, but don't like the ones that don't start hunting until they are way deep and lonely--I'm an older guy and find it irritating even when you are talking to somebody and they are lookin at the cell phone. shoot I saw some pictures on FB of some people vacationing at a resort and 85% of those pictures were of people looking at their phones--lol--

and if we are going to strike every thing for 25 why do we call em competition dogs?--I always thought that was part of the competition --lol

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-28-2017 08:09 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Huntnharris
Tree scoring needs a countdown in UKC. If a dog covers at 4:45 in the countdown, it should not get 75 for covering! That dog was never running that track to start with.

I think the tree time should only be open 2 min then after that minuses should take over.plus I think the 8 min rule should be a few min less than what it is now lol but that is my opinion

Last edited by S.Davis on 06-29-2017 at 01:19 AM

Old Post 06-29-2017 01:04 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Get rid of the grace period for babbling every time ya turn loose. Make em accountable for running their mouth. Like it used to be....back in the day.....

Old Post 06-29-2017 01:49 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Donnie those boys think they are going to get minused or scratched for babbling they won't hunt the slam hunts are proving that I say let them babble all they want include the no leash lock rule they get tired of getting beat by a last strike dog treeing coons behind them they will do somthing different and it will look pretty bad of them to gripe about a dog spoting them 75 strike points every time !! The go deep babblers have used that loophole long enough we all know they are working the clock a lot of good hunters stay home because they don't want to hear all that barking and go on those death marches all the time I know I don't want to chase dogs all over the country all night that ain't coon hunting to me I like dogs together so I can see who has more talent leave running ghost and end up with a kitten I was born but it wasent yesterday lol.

Old Post 06-29-2017 11:54 AM