UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Line breeding to Big Country
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Traye Hearn
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the input. If I decide to breed her I’ll breed her to BC. It’ll all depend on when she comes in heat being that she’s qualified for the UKC world and I was planning on running her in the PKC state and breed race starting in Oct. She’s not but 2 years old so I’ve got time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-03-2020 01:10 AM
Traye Hearn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traye Hearn Click here to Send Traye Hearn a Private Message Click Here to Email Traye Hearn Find more posts by Traye Hearn Add Traye Hearn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

That cross is more than just an uncle/niece cross. Top and bottom match up with both of them. BC is as line bred for generations back as much as any hound with two “lines” combined and it’s been producing some of the best blue dogs for several generations. High probability that this cross will produce more of the same however I don’t see how it can produce better simply because nothing else has been added. Should be a litter of good to better pups.

Old Post 07-03-2020 03:19 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMG_3
UKC Forum Member

Tar,, you say from 3 pups off BC you hunted with, he can’t reproduce? Come on now, someone with all your coonhound knowledge should know better than to judge off of those #’s.... I hunted with dozen or so off that famed Rattler dog,, finally found one of them worth feeding,,, then got smart and traded for a Lipper dog 👍

Old Post 07-03-2020 04:21 AM
DMG_3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMG_3 Click here to Send DMG_3 a Private Message Find more posts by DMG_3 Add DMG_3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Well I am not speculating!! Hunted with bodacious many nights bottom line he was a blow deep hard to control pain in the butt. I have hunted with 3 big country pups that sure didn’t take after their daddy that’s for sure. This cross is doubled up more of a handful than most part time coonhunters can handle.

Anouther truth pill.

Tar

Have you hunted with Big Country?

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 07-03-2020 06:38 AM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

The Whole Key

quote:
Originally posted by Heikki
Have you hunted with Big Country?

If you've hunted with Big Country, and liked his ability and style, go for it.

I don't know anything about the dogs you are talking about, but here is my rule of thumb. If you kept the whole litter for yourself (forget sales) would you be happy to hunt them if they all turned out like their sire? Now, apply this same rule of thumb to the mother. If you would love to spend your next 10 years hunting a dog just like him, or just like her, go for it. If not, look at alternatives.

Old Post 07-03-2020 07:00 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by DMG_3
Tar,, you say from 3 pups off BC you hunted with, he can’t reproduce? Come on now, someone with all your coonhound knowledge should know better than to judge off of those #’s.... I hunted with dozen or so off that famed Rattler dog,, finally found one of them worth feeding,,, then got smart and traded for a Lipper dog 👍

Never said a bad word about big country. I hunted with bad habit while John owned him hunted with some of his pups and his blood flows in my dogs pedigree as we speak I am not jealous. I hunted with bodacious doubling up on him would be a big mistake that was my answer to the question the man asked. I watched smoken hotspot for 4 years he had the blood I liked but he just didn’t produce. Big country’s to the date pups I have hunted with two were pain in the butts like bodacious and one was just a bawlen around slow bluetick that’s what I have seen. Can he be one of the best blutick reproducers ever he sure can I just told it as I have seen it. Some of you are to quick to open your fly trap before you have seen anything if it’s blue and it won somthing and it’s got ole goober in it 10 times breed it.

Ole rattler got $1,000 stud fees made all 3 hall of fames and was in the top reproducer list for a long time when ole blue does that start your hen clucken then.

Tar

Old Post 07-03-2020 12:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMG_3
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You sure are quick to brag or defend Rattler like you was involved in all his fame. Wasn’t he in SS (social security) when you got involved with him lol.

Old Post 07-03-2020 01:49 PM
DMG_3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMG_3 Click here to Send DMG_3 a Private Message Find more posts by DMG_3 Add DMG_3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

My advice

Regardless of when or who you breed her to. If you're comfortable with it and have faith it'll make good, then who cares what everyone else thinks. What's the worst that can come from it, a bunch of potlickers. Trust me look around there's plenty of other crosses that produced that already regardless of color. But what's the best that could come from it a world champion. Now that ain't never happened in Ukc in a bluehide. Trust your own opinion, and hunt what you breed, and see what you made. Then decide if it was good or bad and go from there. There's lots of studs out there. I'm not personally on the bc fan wagon yet. But figure they have him stored so if in the next year's I change my mind he'll be there. I'm just slow to jump in any fan wagon regardless. Just bought a 25 year old or so breeding for my female. But again when it happens may be a bunch of potlickers. Good luck on wherever you end up.

Old Post 07-03-2020 03:57 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Well I am not speculating!! Hunted with bodacious many nights bottom line he was a blow deep hard to control pain in the butt. I have hunted with 3 big country pups that sure didn’t take after their daddy that’s for sure. This cross is doubled up more of a handful than most part time coonhunters can handle.

Anouther truth pill.

Tar

I’ll ask again, have you hunted with Big Country??

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy

Old Post 07-03-2020 04:25 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GES
UKC Forum Member

"John he sounds a lot like his grandpa I will take a road trip and come see you. Been thinking for a while now on taking this 4th generation female of mine to a different breed seems like I am getting good coon treeing dogs but they just don’t seem to be getting to the next level kinda just stay the same. I think he has what I need a total outcross the walker breed everybody has about the same stuff. Hard to get the drive and accuracy without loosing the brains."

Tar

Truth pill, eh? LMBO!

Old Post 07-03-2020 05:15 PM
GES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GES Click here to Send GES a Private Message Find more posts by GES Add GES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Lets see.. truth bombs.. ain't got no dog in this race
been quietly watching
you people can't swallow truth so you bad mouth and belittle those with opinions you disagree
Strickland promoting and all his winning does not make him a reproducer.
In the pkc hunts you can win whether you see a coon or not.
Most guys breeding to him are after those 800--1000 dollar pups they can sell
Word is his oldest pups are just under two. Fact is they are coming four years old
Reproducers list says he got 146 pups with 1 titled out to grntch
No I never hunted with the dog. But you are not getting him you are getting what he reproduces . Go watch some of his pups. '
Seems the better harder tree dogs are the Walker crosses and they look like English dogs.
The straight up bluetick crosses are a little loose on the tree and bawl or short bawl on the tree.
There are lots of videos go look them up
I know some that have hunted with him and I watched the CHKC hunt that he lost because he was deep and alone and walked off a tree. I have been told he has done this a few times in some bigger hunts.
Another thing I see is he is not a straight up tree dog. Does a lot of drifting around when he is treed. If that don't bother you well so be it.
His daddy was known to throw pups that did not start until they were well over one year old. I saw a lot come up for sale . Now I see the same thing with this BC dog. Go back on the bluetick board and look at how many are coming up for sell at 13-17 months old. They should be lighting up the nights at that age and these hard hunting comp guys are selling. Why ?
Now I will say that the Bodacious dogs got some great traits . Track speed second to nothing. Super Loud. Normally hard chop mouth so I don't know why this BC dog trees like he does . They do walk off trees HHMM .??? And they are known to beat the coon to the tree.
Now this is all a generalization so don't be hopping on me saying how I know old so and so was not like that. Family traits is what I am saying. There is always going be exceptions.
I think you fellers are missing the big picturet. You want a dog like BC go breed to his daddy . I think the guy got semen stored.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 07-03-2020 06:16 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by GES
"John he sounds a lot like his grandpa I will take a road trip and come see you. Been thinking for a while now on taking this 4th generation female of mine to a different breed seems like I am getting good coon treeing dogs but they just don’t seem to be getting to the next level kinda just stay the same. I think he has what I need a total outcross the walker breed everybody has about the same stuff. Hard to get the drive and accuracy without loosing the brains."

Tar

Truth pill, eh? LMBO!

You blutick boys are so thin skinned lol. No I haven’t hunted with him but if John Ownes him he has to be a good outfit. I didn’t like the pups I hunted with I didn’t like his grandpa at all. And until I see more of his pups I won’t change my mind lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-03-2020 09:43 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traye Hearn
UKC Forum Member

I appreciate the input on the post but the intent of it wasn’t to get feed back especially negative on any breed, bloodline or specific dog. I just don’t see the benefits in talking about another persons dog. The whole intent was to get experienced info on line breeding and how close is to close.

Old Post 07-03-2020 09:53 PM
Traye Hearn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traye Hearn Click here to Send Traye Hearn a Private Message Click Here to Email Traye Hearn Find more posts by Traye Hearn Add Traye Hearn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Sure hope you have luck with what you are trying to accomplish. Was trying just give you advice to what I seen I am not above breeding to big country I think at this time I will wait and see I think he is getting a lot of top quality females bred to him time will tell.

Good luck.

Tar

Old Post 07-03-2020 10:04 PM
GES
UKC Forum Member

Niece x uncle crosses are best according to most people that recommend line breeding. Crossing that way is generally preferred over half brother/half sister, aunt x nephew, father/daughter, mother/son when line breeding/inbreeding according to most breeders I know. As has been stated, it is very important to look at traits rather than relationship if you are trying to solidify those traits in your line. Good luck!

Old Post 07-03-2020 10:36 PM
GES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GES Click here to Send GES a Private Message Find more posts by GES Add GES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Breeding

Traye, Sorry your thread on linebreeding got so off base, what one man likes another man may not. Linebreeding is a proven method and has been successful many times. Unfortunately, nothing is a guarantee, but breeding a known line of dogs is a better chance of getting a better dog. I am sure you will make the right choice, despite all of the negative posts that have been made on your thread. Bottom line is that it's your choice and you do not need anyone's blessing or permission. Good luck! Dave

Old Post 07-03-2020 10:42 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traye Hearn
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the help.

Old Post 07-03-2020 11:44 PM
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Like always your going to get different opinions your female will have alot to do with the outcome also who ends up with your pups. My experience is hunters with good females do there homework before breeding them good luck

Old Post 07-04-2020 12:08 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

YAPPINTAR

The reason I asked if you ever hunted with him was because you said in one of your post above said the pups you have hunted with did not take after there daddy. How do you make that assessment when you haven’t hunted with him?

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy

Old Post 07-04-2020 04:01 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: YAPPINTAR

quote:
Originally posted by Heikki
The reason I asked if you ever hunted with him was because you said in one of your post above said the pups you have hunted with did not take after there daddy. How do you make that assessment when you haven’t hunted with him?

With you I guess you have an intellect problem probly of a 3rd grade level. I watched the vidios of him in the hunts no wonder y’all can’t get a blue dog to win the big on they are handicapped being trained by intellectually challenged individuals.

Tar

Old Post 07-04-2020 01:48 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Bluetick lives matter

Tar you can't talk to us like that. We'll ban together and roit. Destroy
stuff and make ourselves look like we have the intelligence of a kindergartener.

Old Post 07-04-2020 02:10 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Lol I was really just trying to help the guy. You don’t want to double up bodacious and I have hunted with more of the pups than most jabbing me. But I kinda like having sombody to filibuster with I enjoy it lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-04-2020 02:18 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4
.In the pkc hunts you can win whether you see a coon or not..

After I read this I knew the entire post was gonna be pretty stupid.

Right again.

Old Post 07-04-2020 02:27 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
After I read this I knew the entire post was gonna be pretty stupid.

Right again.

Since they moved the SS and world hunt to good coon country that’s not happening much. I hated KY.

Pretty good scores.

Tar

Old Post 07-04-2020 02:42 PM
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: YAPPINTAR

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yadkintar
With you I guess you have an intellect problem probly of a 3rd grade level. I watched the vidios of him in the hunts no wonder y’all can’t get a blue dog to win the big on they are handicapped being trained by intellectually challenged individuals.

Tar
[/QUOTE

I forgot that your the smartest man alive, you can do everything better than anyone else from training dogs to running the kc’s. You can even know all about a dog from watching a few videos, your the best! I guess I need to do my research & learn what all you have won & what big time hounds have come from your famous breeding program.

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy

Old Post 07-04-2020 02:51 PM