UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > hunt question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Josh Houston
UKC Forum Member

hunt question

I have been to different clubs and all say something a little different but what is ukc`s rule on the alpha with the tt15 collar thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-31-2014 03:53 PM
Josh Houston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Houston Click here to Send Josh Houston a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Houston Find more posts by Josh Houston Add Josh Houston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Can't use the 15, you have to get a t5 for the hunts. It only tracks, does'nt tone or shock. Will cost you $250.
The little square box on there is orange so a judge can easily see your using the t5.

Old Post 10-31-2014 04:07 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You CAN use the T15, you just have to leave the handheld in the truck, cant carry the handheld matched to any collars capable of shocking or toning the dog.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-31-2014 04:20 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Houston
UKC Forum Member

Ok thanks

Old Post 10-31-2014 05:47 PM
Josh Houston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Houston Click here to Send Josh Houston a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Houston Find more posts by Josh Houston Add Josh Houston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

i agree with Jim

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 10-31-2014 06:46 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

t15

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
i agree with Jim

Yes of course Jim IS right. I should have stated that you can have a t15 on the dog, but if you want to carry your handheld with you, you need a t5.

Old Post 10-31-2014 07:05 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

A TT15 collar can communicate between both the Alpha series and the Astro 320 series handheld receivers.

That being said, to carry a handheld in the hunts, a TT15 collar would have to be used with an ASTRO receiver, because the ASTRO handheld can not communicate with the collars controlling (shock and tone) features.

If the TT15 was being used with an Alpha handheld, the handheld would have to remain in the truck.

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 10-31-2014 at 07:26 PM

Old Post 10-31-2014 07:23 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Cory, That was my understanding as well. You can use the TT-15 so long as you have it linked to an Astro 320 hand held and NOT the Alpha.

If you have it linked to the Alpha, then the Alpha must be left in the truck. But if linked to a 320, you can carry that 320 in the woods, turned on, just like everybody else using a 220, 320 or a TT-5 collar.

Good Luck!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 10-31-2014 08:38 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

I don't know that I would want to hunt in competition with a TT-15...if you have a TT-15 on your dog and I have a T-5 with my Alpha can't I shock your dog if I load your collar on my handheld????

Old Post 11-01-2014 12:58 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

OK

I agree with Corey/UKC. Now give me my M/H licens. JiM U are still my hero.

Old Post 11-01-2014 12:42 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: hunt question

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Houston
I have been to different clubs and all say something a little different but what is ukc`s rule on the alpha with the tt15 collar thanks
That's the question I answered. He didn't ask about using it with the 320.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 11-01-2014 01:07 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote