UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Guess I am hunting in the snow tonight
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Guess I am hunting in the snow tonight

The misses says it is plain right out snowing when I called home. Anyone else hunting tonight in the snow? It should be good.

Aim small miss small

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-31-2014 09:48 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
center12
UKC Forum Member

Always enjoy those first few snows, the new wears off pretty quick though. I'll let you keep the white stuff up that way. Was 85 here last week, will be getting down to 25 tonight......I'll be out for a few drops.

Old Post 10-31-2014 10:46 PM
center12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for center12 Click here to Send center12 a Private Message Click Here to Email center12 Find more posts by center12 Add center12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WV Hound
UKC Forum Member

Its suppose to snow here, but its just raining so far......

Old Post 11-01-2014 01:23 AM
WV Hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WV Hound Click here to Send WV Hound a Private Message Click Here to Email WV Hound Find more posts by WV Hound Add WV Hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I lived in Minnesota for three years, when I read posts like this; I remember why we moved. It was in the '80's here all week.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:20 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

SW MICHIGAN ... 6 trees /5 plus/1 circle..Cold and a biteing wind... Nasty nite but a good one for treeing some coons.:-)

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:24 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I had a reasonably good hunt considering the wind. In fact, didn't hear much of any tracks, and had a 10 foot branch just miss me by 3 feet up on a hardwood ridge.

The snow nearly had the grass covered as I pulled out last night. I got 8 miles down the road and the snow changed to rain. Then in the next 15 miles the pavement was dry. The first drop the dog went 900 yards in 6 minutes and she was treed at 7 minutes at 989 yards. It was a large extremely fat sow.

On a side note, on the way to the tree I saw a buck tending a doe. They were only 20 yards from me. I was talking to them, and even hit the buck square in the face with a bright light. He never took his eyes off the doe who was laying down panting.

Second drop harvested a large boar. Third drop treed what I thought was a huge coon up a swamp white oak. I saw an eye and shot. Down came one coon, and up the tree ran two coon. I just may need to get my eyes checked.

Funny thing was the weather was almost identical going home as when I left. It was snowing pretty good at home.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:27 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mprice
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
I lived in Minnesota for three years, when I read posts like this; I remember why we moved. It was in the '80's here all week.

This, +1!! I was somewhat frustrated yesterday that we still have mosquitos but, I'll take em rather than snow.

Marc Price
Breaux Bridge, LA

Old Post 11-01-2014 05:16 PM
mprice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mprice Click here to Send mprice a Private Message Click Here to Email mprice Find more posts by mprice Add mprice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote