UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best Coon Light?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Knox
UKC Forum Member

Re: K Light

quote:
Originally posted by WLDCHINSANEJANE
I was going to buy one but theres two things I would like to see fixed. One is no problem but would like to see a belt loop on it instead of the velcrow on the back of it to hold to your cap.. No big deal for me because I would use a soft cap but it is a little heavier than I thought it would be. The thing that kept from buying it is it doesn't have turn on/off switch, you half to unplug it from the power pack. As far as brightness, theres 4 or 5 thats so close you cant really tell especially when there in a tree. I still might go with one but I will wear in on my vest or on my waist. Got to have something that will dim dow and up. Overall its a pretty good light, I don't think you could go wrong but i Believe I'm going back to a belt light unless someone comes out with something that catches my eye. lol. Great service though, theres just a handfull of people I would buy anything off of and these are one of the guys.

I agree Tim, I have a 20 volt Competition Light connection with Hi-Lo switch and rheostat and 3 LED head, I like it very much, you do not need a spotlight and you can dim it down really low. I tried the K-Light on at Oaks, it was way too heavy for me. I will stick with my 20v pack and LED head.....................Tim

=====================

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2010 07:47 PM
Knox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Click Here to Email Knox Find more posts by Knox Add Knox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roverdog
UKC Forum Member

I bought a 21 volt Prolite aprox 4 yrs ago & will say it is a great light / No problems at all blow maybe 2 bulbs per yr / don't need a spotlight / I have made a 200 + videos at night using the high side of bulb & never has the battery gone dead But I do put on charge after Every use ! I would recommend the Prolite to anyone that is looking to get a new light ! Best of luck with whatever light you choose !

Old Post 09-10-2010 11:49 PM
roverdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roverdog Click here to Send roverdog a Private Message Click Here to Email roverdog Find more posts by roverdog Add roverdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Mullins
UKC Forum Member

Just bought the new K-Light g2 at ao. Have hunted with it all week and absolutely love it. Not heavy at all, and more than bright enough to get the job done

Old Post 09-11-2010 01:27 AM
Jason Mullins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Mullins Click here to Send Jason Mullins a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Mullins Find more posts by Jason Mullins Add Jason Mullins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Boyette
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by davebastean
I just got a valley creek LED and I like it.

The 21 volt Valley Creek Pro-5 LED is made by the same guy that makes Superior Lights, which has the Pro-5 LED 21v light under their brand name also.

I bought the 21v Superior Light with the Pro-5 LED head and strapped it to Valley Creek's camo vest, and it is w/o a doubt the top, top!!!

(205) 712-4326

• PKC Ch 'PR' Triple X-Rated
http://www.hunt101.com/img/342861.jpg

• NITECH Beaver Creek Knothead
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/KnotHead-2.jpg

• Death Row Psycho aka "De"
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Dee11-10-a.jpg

• 'PR' Skuna River Style
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Stone2.jpg

**R.I.P.**
UKC NITECH - PKC CH
'PR'Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie
http://www.hunt101.com/img/369634.jpg

Old Post 09-11-2010 03:25 AM
Russell Boyette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Boyette Click here to Send Russell Boyette a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Boyette Find more posts by Russell Boyette Add Russell Boyette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian-BleedzRed
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Guys i have use this light for 3 months and it is not TOP HEAVY. U wont see me with another BELT LIGHT!! K-Lights Customer Service # 1

Iv tried this light & IMO its way to heavy on your head feels like you got a 5lb weight on top of ya head. I hunt 5-7 nights a week for 6-8hrs I could not imagine having to carry that weight all the time you think a beltlight gets heavy ! Personally I think this light is not practical if you hunt hard.

I Have a 21 volt Blazer with the new 5 led is it the best I don't know but for the last 4 years I have had no problem with it so iv had no Customer Service to me not needing it is #1 Customer Service in my book.

Old Post 09-11-2010 03:00 PM
Brian-BleedzRed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian-BleedzRed Click here to Send Brian-BleedzRed a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian-BleedzRed Find more posts by Brian-BleedzRed Add Brian-BleedzRed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
burdette
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

just as bright as a 21volt belt light!!

if u want a good product and OUTSTANDING SERVIECE !!

CHOOSE K-LIGHTS!!

I HAVE 2 AND LOVE THEM. THEY ARENT AS BRIGHT AS SOME BELT LIGHTS BUT I DONT HAVE MUCH TROUBLE FINDING COON. AND MAN IS IT NICE NOT WEARING THAT **** BELT!!!!

Old Post 09-19-2010 04:59 AM
burdette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burdette Click here to Send burdette a Private Message Click Here to Email burdette Find more posts by burdette Add burdette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Gilland
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by burdette
I HAVE 2 AND LOVE THEM. THEY ARENT AS BRIGHT AS SOME BELT LIGHTS BUT I DONT HAVE MUCH TROUBLE FINDING COON. AND MAN IS IT NICE NOT WEARING THAT **** BELT!!!!
Jake thats the same light I just bought Steven

Old Post 09-19-2010 03:09 PM
Steve Gilland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Gilland Click here to Send Steve Gilland a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Gilland Find more posts by Steve Gilland Add Steve Gilland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
burdette
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Gilland
Jake thats the same light I just bought Steven

STEVE THEY ARE NICE FOR PLEASURE HUNTING BUT I DONT THINK YOU WOULD WANT ONE FOR COMP HUNTING UNLESS THE LEAVES ARE OFF!!!!!

Old Post 09-19-2010 04:13 PM
burdette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burdette Click here to Send burdette a Private Message Click Here to Email burdette Find more posts by burdette Add burdette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Just bought an East Fork 6V Viper. Put it on a soft cap Really like it so far. Bright nice walk light and have spotted most of ths coon treed with the low beam. Like the bright to look after I spot eyes to see how big.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 09-19-2010 05:55 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Gilland
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by burdette
STEVE THEY ARE NICE FOR PLEASURE HUNTING BUT I DONT THINK YOU WOULD WANT ONE FOR COMP HUNTING UNLESS THE LEAVES ARE OFF!!!!!
Thats what I told Steven when the leaves are off it will be real nice.

Old Post 09-20-2010 01:57 AM
Steve Gilland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Gilland Click here to Send Steve Gilland a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Gilland Find more posts by Steve Gilland Add Steve Gilland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Austin Miller
UKC Forum Member

you may not be close but i would try a blazer. i have had a bunch of others and blazer has lasted the longest and the new led head will burn down a tree. they are also very nice people to deal with.

Old Post 09-20-2010 02:34 AM
Austin Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Austin Miller Click here to Send Austin Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Austin Miller Find more posts by Austin Miller Add Austin Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter2009
UKC Forum Member

i have a 21 volt pro lite and would love to have just a led head that would work because i dont have the money to spend on a new lite

Old Post 09-20-2010 02:39 AM
coonhunter2009 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter2009 Click here to Send coonhunter2009 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter2009 Find more posts by coonhunter2009 Add coonhunter2009 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

CAJUN VERY DEPENDABLE. HAD ONE FOR ALONG TIME. OVER 14 YRS. BEFORE IT NEEDED A NEW BATTERY AND SWITCH.

I WILL GET ANOTHER.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 09-20-2010 02:40 AM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lahunter
UKC Forum Member

Been a while since this was commented on. Anybody got anything new to offer? I've got a 5 year old Cajun Stinger+ that still works good. Just wondering if theres anything out there that justifies upgrading?

Old Post 01-28-2012 02:18 PM
lahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lahunter Click here to Send lahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email lahunter Find more posts by lahunter Add lahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

belt lights as far as my opinion ive moved on lol cap light only way to go jmo

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 01-28-2012 02:25 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DROPTINE
UKC Forum Member

BOSS LIGHTS SUPER LITE 24

Look at the BOSS lights before you decide they are the ONLY light company to offer the Catseye in which you get a light which you have % SUPER BRIGHT led bulbs which burn at one time and you get 1 bulb of your choice GREEN RED AMBER that you can run on all five settings which elimanates the need for pop covers This light is the BRIGHTEST LIGHT I HAVE EVER SEEN and for the people that dont like the led color Boss lights also offer an off colored led head that is the color of the 5100 heads

Old Post 01-28-2012 02:28 PM
DROPTINE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DROPTINE Click here to Send DROPTINE a Private Message Find more posts by DROPTINE Add DROPTINE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lahunter
UKC Forum Member

The boss light looks pretty good. Anybody know how it would compare to something like the lasertorch pro? And will there be a significant difference between the led and my 21v stinger +?

Old Post 01-28-2012 04:38 PM
lahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lahunter Click here to Send lahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email lahunter Find more posts by lahunter Add lahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cooner607
UKC Forum Member

A lot of people swears by the sunspot light and heard nothing but great reviews on the light from who has bought them. I'm ordering me one next week. Been wanting cordless cap light and not belt for about 3 months now. Do a search on here you will find many thread on these light http://www.sunspothuntinglights.com/

Old Post 01-28-2012 05:24 PM
cooner607 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cooner607 Click here to Send cooner607 a Private Message Click Here to Email cooner607 Find more posts by cooner607 Add cooner607 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DROPTINE
UKC Forum Member

NOTHING COMPARES TO THE BOSS

quote:
Originally posted by lahunter
The boss light looks pretty good. Anybody know how it would compare to something like the lasertorch pro? And will there be a significant difference between the led and my 21v stinger +?
IF YOU LOOK ANYWHERE YOU WILL NOT FIND THE COLORED LED BULB OPTION WITH ANY OTHER LIGHT MANUFACTURER ON HERE AND THE LED BULBS ARE MORE OF A CLEAR TO BLUE COLOR LIKE KINDA LIKE COMPARING THE ORIGINAL CAR HEAD LIGHT BULB TO A XENON HEADLIGHT BULB LED LIGHTS ARE ALOT BRIGHTER ON THE DOG SUPPLY VENDORS THREAD ON HERE LOOK UP BOSS LIGHTS BRUCE HAS PICS POSTED SHINING TREES GOOD LUCK

Last edited by DROPTINE on 01-28-2012 at 06:33 PM

Old Post 01-28-2012 06:29 PM
DROPTINE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DROPTINE Click here to Send DROPTINE a Private Message Find more posts by DROPTINE Add DROPTINE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattjones
UKC Forum Member

DO NOT buy a western rivers rebel pro. my 6 volt nite light out shines it

Old Post 01-28-2012 10:01 PM
mattjones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattjones Click here to Send mattjones a Private Message Click Here to Email mattjones Find more posts by mattjones Add mattjones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

The light I like the features on the best is the new Boss Super Lite. 1 is it is small and lite. 2 I like the Cat's eye this allows me to not have a pop cover. 3 The light comes with a 2/5 year warranty that gives 2 full years of protection with 3 additional years of free labor.

I don't have the biggest hands in the world it is just that small.

Here is a pic of the Cats eye Turbo head the G is cause mine is green.

Here is a video of the 6 click switch Boss Turbo with Green Cats eye. In the Video I start on the 1st white click go up to 6 then back down to off then filp it to the Cats eye and go back up from off to the 6 click, but you can flip it over to the Cats eye at anytime. This video goes very fast you may need to replay it a few times look how dim 1 and 2 are. I shine trees with 1 and 2, walk with 3 and 4, shoot them out with 5 and 6.

Old Post 01-28-2012 10:28 PM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DustinC
UKC Forum Member

Boss light

I have the boss 5 Led with Green Cats eye cap light. Love it!!! wouldnt trade it for nothing the dimming switch lets u turn it down to almost nothing and its way brighter than my 21volt belt light from valley creek. The cats eye is one heck of a addition to one heck of a bright light the green light itself is bright enough to shine any tree. One heck of a light and one great investment on my part JMO.

Old Post 01-28-2012 10:42 PM
DustinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DustinC Click here to Send DustinC a Private Message Click Here to Email DustinC Visit DustinC's homepage! Find more posts by DustinC Add DustinC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat
UKC Forum Member

Boys you can run but you can't hide from "The Laser Torch Pro".

Old Post 01-28-2012 11:18 PM
thedirtyrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat Click here to Send thedirtyrat a Private Message Find more posts by thedirtyrat Add thedirtyrat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michael widdup
UKC Forum Member

moonshiner

i have 5 of them.my favorite is the 21 v belt light.good service also!

cole's country walkers.owners cole,and michael widdup ph#724-710-4616
proud user and dealer for mooshiner lights,and hi standard dog feed
"pr" cole's rainey traveller(elk river rattler x cal's timber traveller)
"pr" cole's hardtime harley(high xpectations x gunsling kate)

Old Post 01-29-2012 12:06 AM
michael widdup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for michael widdup Click here to Send michael widdup a Private Message Click Here to Email michael widdup Find more posts by michael widdup Add michael widdup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote