UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > lost dog - roane county, wv
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
browntrout
UKC Forum Member

lost dog - roane county, wv

lost a beagle today on johnson creek in roane county.
not sure what happened, but 8 dogs went on a race and only 7 came back...
spent 5 hours looking, and then went back this evening looking. gonna hit it again in the morning, but if you happen to come across the dog, or know someone in the area - please ask them to be on the look-out. she is about
13.5" and is a classic tri with a white strip going from her
nose to the top of her head.

her name is Abigail and she will come to the
name "Baby Sugar".
i can be reached at 304-881-5265.

thanks so much.

Home of:
-GRHBCH GRCH 'PR' Butcher's White River Rascal
-HBCH CH Butcher's White River Abigail
-GRHBCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Shenango (Chloe)
-Butcher's Flyin' Red Foxy Brown
-White River Told You So AJ

Rest in Peace:
HBCH CH Butcher's White River Tessa
HBCH Butcher's White River The Rock
-HBCH 2x WShowCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Maci

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-23-2009 11:27 PM
browntrout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for browntrout Click here to Send browntrout a Private Message Click Here to Email browntrout Visit browntrout's homepage! Find more posts by browntrout Add browntrout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSG
Banned

GOOD LUCK

WISH YA THE BEST ON GETTIN YOUR HOUND BACK I HAVE ALWAYS HATED LEAVIN ONE,DID YA LEAVE A SWET SHIRT OR FLOOR MAT AT UR PARKIN SITE IF NOT TOMAROW LEAVE YOUR SWET-SHIRT THERE, HOPE YA DONT HAVE TO YOU HOPE YOU GET HIM BACK IN MORN. GOOD LUCK

Old Post 12-24-2009 07:20 PM
CSG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSG Click here to Send CSG a Private Message Find more posts by CSG Add CSG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
butcher boys
UKC Forum Member

Gotta Gotta Get a Garmin

After many days of looking, riding 4 wheelers, yelling, and putting up posters, we got a phone call this morning from a retired state trooper. Abigail had came into his house 2 days ago.

We had already figured her as dead. We had already made arrangements to bring another dog into the kennel to replace her. The area in which we were hunting had many coyotes. We went to almost every door telling people that we had lost a dog, and a description of her. The entire time we were out looking for her, jason and myself were saying "man if we had a garmin" we would know exactly where she was.

Jason had been having a very hard time finding a "good" place to run around charleston. With five days of searching for a dog, not only did we find her, we found around 1000 acres of running and GREAT PEOPLE!!! You dont think that there are people who have character and good intentions anymore...Look no futher than the folks in Roane Co.

This dog is 7 months old. Runs a rabbit as good as a 2 year old dog. Take a look at her pedigree and you wont believe it!

Needless to say we wont be running without a GARMIN again, on all of our dogs! You dont know how much you LOVE THEM, TIL YOU LOOSE THEM!

Thanks,

Home of:
-HBCH Butcher's White River The Rock 2015 WV State Hunt Winner
-Butcher's Gridiron Annie
-Butcher's Flyin' Red Maggie Mae

Rest in Peace:

http://www.butchersoutdoors.com

Old Post 12-30-2009 12:27 AM
butcher boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for butcher boys Click here to Send butcher boys a Private Message Click Here to Email butcher boys Visit butcher boys's homepage! Find more posts by butcher boys Add butcher boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quinnbeagles
New UKC Forum Member

glad you got her back had a scare today up here in wheeling 2 of my dogs got on a rabbit and went out of hearing i stayed with my other dog who jumped a rabbit at the same time 2hrs of looking and we found them my daughter was sick to her stomach she thought we lost her girl and her puppies daddy

Old Post 12-30-2009 01:00 AM
quinnbeagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quinnbeagles Click here to Send quinnbeagles a Private Message Click Here to Email quinnbeagles Find more posts by quinnbeagles Add quinnbeagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hallmountainman
UKC Forum Member

If you look back a few months ago in your American Beagler you can see a story that my dad put in there about my female chasing a rabbit into an old coyote den. We had yelled for her & finally got out the tracker and tracked her to right above the coyote den. We assumed her dead so we went to the farmer's house and borrowed a pick and shovel to dog her out & kill the yipping coyote pups inside. What we didn't know was that the yipping wasn't actually coyote pups, it was my dog! She had chased the rabbit so far back in the den that she was unable to find her way out. We dug her out, and at 3 years old she's probably the best all around dog in the kennel.

Not a lot of beagle guys run trackers on their dogs, just shockers. We NEVER run our dogs without trackers & a shock collar isn't going to do you any good when your dog is lost or stolen. I'm glad you found your dog. You're right when you say that you don't realize how much you love them until you lose them. Hunter Hall

http://hallmountainrabbitbeagles.weebly.com/

Old Post 12-30-2009 01:08 AM
hallmountainman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hallmountainman Click here to Send hallmountainman a Private Message Click Here to Email hallmountainman Visit hallmountainman's homepage! Find more posts by hallmountainman Add hallmountainman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FWBeagles
UKC Forum Member

lost beagle

I am sooo glad you got your girl back...The last time my dad went out was the one and only time he came back without all the Beagles he left with. Two days later we got a call she was found on the RR tracks.

Old Post 12-30-2009 03:06 AM
FWBeagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FWBeagles Click here to Send FWBeagles a Private Message Find more posts by FWBeagles Add FWBeagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roundman93
New UKC Forum Member

beagle

Jason i talkied to Brandon he told me that you found her thats great... Plus i see it on here .. Well bud take it easy and i will talk to you later..

Old Post 12-30-2009 08:27 AM
Roundman93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roundman93 Click here to Send Roundman93 a Private Message Click Here to Email Roundman93 Find more posts by Roundman93 Add Roundman93 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheatmtnman
UKC Forum Member

I am glad to hear you got her back. I never turn mine lose without tracking collars. People have told me I was crazy that beagles don't need them but loose one and see the amount of time and money you spend and just not knowing.(especially if you are aways from your house) I told my buddy about an outfit on AB and he called and purchased it last night.

Old Post 12-30-2009 02:09 PM
Cheatmtnman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheatmtnman Click here to Send Cheatmtnman a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheatmtnman Visit Cheatmtnman's homepage! Find more posts by Cheatmtnman Add Cheatmtnman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
browntrout
UKC Forum Member

thanks to all who have replied and sent PMs.
i was one of those folks that thought that beagles didn't need trackers...
but that changed this past week.

"Baby Sugar" is home today - in her little place in the kitchen.
its hard to believe that a 7 month old house beagle made it through
everything she went through in the wild - with the "wonderful" weather
we've been having the past week.

i woke up this morning with her licking me in the face - her spirits
were high and I could swear that i heard her say, "are we going hunting
today, dad?" I replied, "not until we get you a tracker".

Home of:
-White River Told You So AJ

Rest in Peace:
HBCH Butcher's White River The Rock

Old Post 12-30-2009 02:34 PM
browntrout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for browntrout Click here to Send browntrout a Private Message Click Here to Email browntrout Visit browntrout's homepage! Find more posts by browntrout Add browntrout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote