UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Is that the new trend ?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure breed specific RQE's are at the request of the breed reps/organization, not UKC, and I'm not familiar nor have I seen any breed specific hunt event that was also a Purina Event. They could exist, but I haven't seen one nor do I see one listed for the year. Shows are a different story possibly.

That said, same as with any given weekend, one hunt definitely isn't going to make or break a hounds race to the top. If a person doesn't like the hunt listed, drive another 30-50 miles and hunt a different one...or just wait a weekend. Plenty to chose from. And before someone says "well, we only have one club within 100 miles"...so what? If a dude decides to run a purina race, he better not be too worried about the miles on the pickup.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-26-2019 03:23 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
It is possible a breed of dog could make it to the nationals or world hunt without competing against anouther breed of dog.

Tar

of course not, if so, they better take up poker with them odds

Old Post 06-26-2019 03:26 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

World champ willie had 60 points he got beat out of going to the nationals by a certain breed of dogs that only had half as much.

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2019 03:59 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
World champ willie had 60 points he got beat out of going to the nationals by a certain breed of dogs that only had half as much.

Tar

I’m not a Purina race fan, but as I always understood...even with the changes...

The Purina race tabulations essentially begin by breed, whatever breed dog it is has to accumulate enough points against its own breed to be selected to go. Then, only in the final round of the nationals are they mixed up. So he only got “beat out” by other walkers, not an “off bred” as you referred. I agree the less popular breeds in less popular regions can get by on less Purina points, but again, it’s broken down from the get-go.

Old Post 06-26-2019 04:32 PM