UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Need Help
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pogodyci
New UKC Forum Member

Need Help

Hello , my name is Andrei and i recently got 2 beagles one is old enough to run rabbits but the second is a bit small , anyhow i need help finding somebody with older dogs with experience to run mine with , i am located in Ontario Canada and i cant seem to find nobody to run my dogs with .

P.S. Any advice will also be very helpful.

Please Help and Thank you in advance .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-07-2019 12:51 PM
Pogodyci is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pogodyci Click here to Send Pogodyci a Private Message Click Here to Email Pogodyci Find more posts by Pogodyci Add Pogodyci to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

you need to just keep takeing them where you know there are rabbits if they have it in them they will start how old are these dogs

Old Post 01-10-2019 05:17 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pogodyci
New UKC Forum Member

Hello , thanks for the reply . The older one (Cooper) is just over 4 months old and the young one (Rusty) is 2 months old ( we don't take him out yet ) . We don't know to much of Coopers background when it comes to hunting but Rusty's father should be a really good hunter we where told somewhere in New York , and the mother is at a local hunter .

Old Post 01-10-2019 07:32 PM
Pogodyci is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pogodyci Click here to Send Pogodyci a Private Message Click Here to Email Pogodyci Find more posts by Pogodyci Add Pogodyci to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

they are still puppys some start that young some don't i know it's a ruff time of yr there im sure only advice i can give you is try to catch some good weather just keep takeing them out and try to get them on a rabbit takes alot of time and patinets to get them going sometimes i use to take a flashlight find1 in the feild behind my house just walk them up where the rabbit was after a few times most start trailing or if you can let them see it run that may help also hope you best of luck getting them going

Old Post 01-10-2019 09:14 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pogodyci
New UKC Forum Member

thanks for the advice , hopefully ill be able to get them going , and i found a local guy who hunts for rabbits with multiple dogs and he might take me with his dogs out , and i hope that will help the pup to do his thing .

Old Post 01-14-2019 08:24 PM
bob keese
UKC Forum Member

Andrei,

There are several clubs in Ontario, I don't know where you live but, I'll post a link to the Canadian Kennel Club. https://www.ckc.ca/Event-Calendar/Default.aspx

These clubs have pens where they run hare. It's a great sport. By the way your pups are a bit young to try and start them unless you can get a tame rabbit. The pups won't hurt a tame rabbit when they are young. If they are older, it's a different story.

Try this,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537905746444707/about/

Old Post 01-16-2019 03:57 PM
bob keese is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bob keese Click here to Send bob keese a Private Message Click Here to Email bob keese Find more posts by bob keese Add bob keese to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pogodyci
New UKC Forum Member

wow , thank you , i did not know of this page , hopefully ill find sombody who can and will help , im ok to pay if needed .

Old Post 01-16-2019 05:44 PM