UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UKC Forum Member

Garmin question

I have the Garmin 200 i with a tt15 collar.
The collar will tone just fine but it will not shock on continuous or momentary.
I called and they suggested doing the update on the collar, and it is no different. Any ideas?

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2023 02:25 PM
150 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 150 Click here to Send 150 a Private Message Click Here to Email 150 Find more posts by 150 Add 150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rll
New UKC Forum Member

Garmin

You using the short or long contacts

Old Post 03-02-2023 04:18 PM
Rll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rll Click here to Send Rll a Private Message Find more posts by Rll Add Rll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

short
however i put my finger on them they are not shocking.

Old Post 03-02-2023 06:11 PM
150 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 150 Click here to Send 150 a Private Message Click Here to Email 150 Find more posts by 150 Add 150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOcoondogs
UKC Forum Member

Try Johnson's telemetry. They have been helpful for me, reasonably priced and they are in our general area. You may have to send it to them though.

Old Post 03-02-2023 08:09 PM
MOcoondogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOcoondogs Click here to Send MOcoondogs a Private Message Click Here to Email MOcoondogs Find more posts by MOcoondogs Add MOcoondogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tillery
UKC Forum Member

Re: Garmin question

quote:
Originally posted by 150
I have the Garmin 200 i with a tt15 collar.
The collar will tone just fine but it will not shock on continuous or momentary.
I called and they suggested doing the update on the collar, and it is no different. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have to ask the obvious question.......what stimulation level(s) are you using?

Relentless Hounds Kennel

NITECH PKC CH 'PR' Nocturnal Insane Train
NITECH 'PR' Nocturnal Bigfoot
'PR' Yadkin River Bank

Old Post 03-02-2023 09:32 PM
Tillery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tillery Click here to Send Tillery a Private Message Click Here to Email Tillery Find more posts by Tillery Add Tillery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
galvodog
UKC Forum Member

Long shot. The symptoms you describe would also be from the collar not syncing with satellites
When I first got my collar I set it up inside. Per garmin I had to take it outside to finish set up. Good luck

Old Post 03-03-2023 03:17 AM
galvodog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for galvodog Click here to Send galvodog a Private Message Click Here to Email galvodog Visit galvodog's homepage! Find more posts by galvodog Add galvodog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
galvodog
UKC Forum Member

Long shot. The symptoms you describe would also be from the collar not syncing with satellites
When I first got my collar I set it up inside. Per garmin I had to take it outside to finish set up. Good luck

Old Post 03-03-2023 03:17 AM
galvodog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for galvodog Click here to Send galvodog a Private Message Click Here to Email galvodog Visit galvodog's homepage! Find more posts by galvodog Add galvodog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

shocking and toning have nothing to do with gps signal. as long as they as communicating with collar they should function. it works pretty much the same as the old school shock system. gps only offers location. i've seen the alpha get put on vibrate instead of shock but one button should still shock. do you have any other collars you could try or is it just this one?

Old Post 03-03-2023 01:24 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

I have just the one collar.

Old Post 03-03-2023 01:27 PM
3Rivers
UKC Forum Member

If it didn’t work I would call them back and explain to them who you talked to and how you did what they said and then tell them it didn’t work. I myself had a problem with my handheld, it would drop signal constantly gps signal and I knew for a fact that wasn’t normal so I called. I made four calls back and then told them nicely that I have several Garmin products that I use on a regular basis and never had problems with their equipment, the rep then replaced it for no charge. Garmin backs their products very well and will go out on a limb for their customers, just work with them and be patient. Hope this helps you brother.

Bordelonville La.

‘PR’ Coma’s Sweet Thelma Lou
(Somewheres Stylish Coma x Lone Pine Hollie)

Old Post 03-03-2023 03:02 PM
3Rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 3Rivers Click here to Send 3Rivers a Private Message Click Here to Email 3Rivers Find more posts by 3Rivers Add 3Rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 150
I have just the one collar.

find a buddy with a collar to eliminate gps or collar.

Old Post 03-04-2023 12:36 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Seems garmins answer to everything now is to update.And that may fix everything.ha.If it was me id call garmin and say i did a update and see what they say to do next.Ive fixed problems on a alpha 100 by doing a master reset.Id try that.Nothing to loose.

Old Post 03-04-2023 01:53 PM
Georgeb is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tillery
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Garmin question

quote:
Originally posted by Tillery
I have to ask the obvious question.......what stimulation level(s) are you using?

Again, what stimulation level do you have the unit set to? If it is set too low, you won't feel the shock.

Relentless Hounds Kennel

NITECH PKC CH 'PR' Nocturnal Insane Train
NITECH 'PR' Nocturnal Bigfoot
'PR' Yadkin River Bank

Old Post 03-06-2023 09:01 PM
Tillery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tillery Click here to Send Tillery a Private Message Click Here to Email Tillery Find more posts by Tillery Add Tillery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

as high as 8

Old Post 03-06-2023 09:14 PM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

How old is it?Id trade it in for a new one and be done with it.

Old Post 03-06-2023 09:30 PM
Georgeb is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

less then a yr

Old Post 03-06-2023 09:32 PM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Isnt it under warranty?Ive had 11 garmin collars and never had this happen.Only one of em ,a tt10 has started not working right.It starts out fine but loses gps signal after 30 min or so.Shock and tone still works.They no longer give trade ins on tt10s.Probably cost more to fix it than its worth.Its 8 yrs old and been a good one sooo.I think the tt10s may be better than the tt15s.Good luck with your collar.

Old Post 03-06-2023 09:41 PM
UKC Forum Member

yes i miss spoke the 200i is less then yr old the collar is probably 3 yr old.

Old Post 03-06-2023 09:43 PM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Id put a new batt in it.Maybe see if the antenna connection has loosened.If thAt don fix it trade it in.ha

Old Post 03-06-2023 09:49 PM