UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ukc Performance Program
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

UKC PERFORMANCE PROGRAM(JOKE)

IS UKC SERIOUS? A PERFORMANCE POINT IS NOW WORTH $11.57?

Last edited by jodaviess1 on 04-01-2016 at 08:58 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-01-2016 08:16 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: UKC PERFORMANCE PROGRAM(JOKE)

quote:
Originally posted by jodaviess1
IS UKC SERIOUS? A PERFORMANCE POINT IS NOW WORTH $11.57? THAT'S THE WAY IT APPEARS ON MY CHECK. IF THAT IS THE CASE, THIS PROGRAM IS A JOKE AND ONLY SET UP FOR UKC TO GET RICH. IF THIS IS A FACT, I KNOW I AM DONE WITH IT. <v>

Perry, are you sure that isn't your 10%?

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 04-01-2016 08:23 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

YOU MAY BE RIGHT VIC

STILL, WHEN THE PROGRAM STARTED IT WAS WORTH WHILE. THE PRICE OF A POINT JUST KEPT GETTING LOWER AS MORE PEOPLE GOT IN. THERE IS ENOUGH BEING TAKEN IN BY THE KC TO KEEP IT LUCRATIVE TO THE ONES DOING ALL THE WORK. JMO. <v>

Old Post 04-01-2016 08:42 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Your check was for either the sires or the dams share which is 10%. The total value per point was $115.70. The sire gets 10%, the dam gets 10% and the pup gets 80%.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-01-2016 08:44 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

SIRES CHECK

VIC AND JIM THANKS. AND SHOULD HAVE STATED THAT IT IS A SIRES CHECK. IT HAS JUST DROPPED SO MUCH SINCE IT STARTED THAT I FEEL LIKE THERE SHOULD BE A CAP PUT ON THESE POINTS SO THEY DON'T KEEP DROPPING AS MORE ENTER THE PROGRAM. A HELLUVA A BUSINESS MAN CAME UP WITH THIS PROGRAM IS ALL I CAN SAY. <v>

Old Post 04-01-2016 08:56 PM
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

UKC is working on this program and soon. I believe it will compete with Superstakes.

Old Post 04-01-2016 08:59 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

If they can make pay like the SS, fine, but if it costs like the SS, then I'm out. I'm a small timer and I appreciate that we have a program that is affordable for the average weekender. If I'm after $10,000 plus, I'll go to the SS.

Old Post 04-01-2016 09:16 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Agree with Jim

Old Post 04-01-2016 09:27 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Jim I believe everything with the point system will stay the same with an additional perk at the end of the year. I could be wrong but if they do what was proposed it would be beneficial to the little guy just as much as the big guy. But the proposal would make everyone want a performance dog.

Old Post 04-01-2016 11:43 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling41762
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Night Shift
[B]Jim I believe everything with the point system will stay the same with an additional perk at the end of the year. I could be wrong but if they do what was proposed it would be beneficial to the little guy just as much as the big guy. But the proposal would make everyone want a performance dog. [/B

How's this new proposal suppose to work.

Home of
2011 UKC Ky State Champion
Ntch Bowlings hardwood izzy belle
Pr' Bowlings hickory nut Hannah
Pr' Extreme Smoking Harry

Old Post 04-03-2016 02:13 AM
bowling41762 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling41762 Click here to Send bowling41762 a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling41762 Find more posts by bowling41762 Add bowling41762 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pettet
UKC Forum Member

I think they need to put a cap on the age you have 7-8 year old dogs eligible for performance. I just dont understand how 10 years ago it was $600 a point starting out and all these years later the money going into the program and point value drop. No offense to anyone but im not paying anymore pups in performance

Old Post 04-03-2016 03:27 PM
pettet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pettet Click here to Send pettet a Private Message Click Here to Email pettet Find more posts by pettet Add pettet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

I could agree with an age cap on performance program eligibility, lets say 4 years old. That should cover the late bloomers and blueticks, lol. Also I would love to see a 10% bonus to the high point performance dog for each breed for the year, bonus would go to the owner / handler only.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 04-03-2016 03:56 PM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

The performance program needs revamped immediately.
1. Performance Dams. Every female should pay a fee and have DNA on file to raise a Performance litter. (This will add tens of thousands of dollars)
2. Double fees for Sires and pups. (This will add tens of thousands of dollars)
3. Don't send out any performance checks less than $50 to anyone. (This will add tens of thousands of dollars)

These changes will cost hunters, breeders, pup buyers, & dam owners a lil more, but should get points back over $500 in the first year.

I'll spend a lil more now for a chance to win a lot more later.

Old Post 04-03-2016 04:01 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OldRook
UKC Forum Member

Spot on capping the age limit for the performance program. You push a young dog in the other KC and even if you don't win their futurity or even hunt in it. you can command a significant premium for a young dog if they are paid up and money won.

Old Post 04-03-2016 04:04 PM
OldRook is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OldRook Click here to Send OldRook a Private Message Find more posts by OldRook Add OldRook to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see a pup program of some sort, but don't believe in an age cap. If you pay the fees you should get to participate regardless of age.

Old Post 04-03-2016 04:07 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, $500/point???? How many dogs win Performance Points and get paid? How many dogs/pups win S/S money? It is all about the numbers. Would you rather see1,000 dogs get $100 or 50 dogs get $500? And would you rather win your money at local $20 weekend hunts or have to travel to one big $250 hunt and win in order to get paid? Y'all are trying to compare apples to oranges here. Performance Program is one thing and S/S is another. A very big portion of that S/S money that you see people winning comes from entry fees that they are paying in at S/S hunt. I don't see anyone suggesting an increase of $20 in entry fees at UKC hunts in order to increase Performance Fund. You can't compare the two to each other.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 04-03-2016 at 04:46 PM

Old Post 04-03-2016 04:35 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Performance Program was started as an incentive for people to hunt their older Gr Nt Ch's at local hunts. Now y'all are wanting to exclude the very dogs that it was meant to bring back in.

Old Post 04-03-2016 04:49 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pettet
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, $500/point????

It was that much when it first started. I agree with you on comparisons to SS. I just don't see how it's went down so much. I had a dog win$400 on one cast win at a local hunt when it first started. Had a dog win 5 cast in one year and got paid $138 that's what I'm comparing

Old Post 04-03-2016 04:54 PM
pettet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pettet Click here to Send pettet a Private Message Click Here to Email pettet Find more posts by pettet Add pettet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

50 winning $500 is obviously what you want. You can't increase entry fees at hunts because all dogs aren't in the Performance Program. UKC started the performance program to compete with PKC programs, why would you not want to compare them? Our last Saturday night UKC hunt had a night Ch. And 2 reg. The $25 pkc hunt that Thursday night had 11 dogs. Most or ole timers are done and the lure of a yellow slip (nobody gives trophies around here anymore) and the shot at a $100 point ain't the same as getting a truck ticket, qualifying for state or national hunt or just leaving the club with a check in your pocket.

Old Post 04-03-2016 05:07 PM
Jason Mullins
UKC Forum Member

Garbage and worthless, like throwing money into the dumpster, how has the amount of dogs and money continue to increase in the pp but the values of points continue to drop

Old Post 04-03-2016 05:28 PM
Jason Mullins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Mullins Click here to Send Jason Mullins a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Mullins Find more posts by Jason Mullins Add Jason Mullins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Mullins
Garbage and worthless, like throwing money into the dumpster, how has the amount of dogs and money continue to increase in the pp but the values of points continue to drop
Its a good concept, just needs updated to bring point values back up. If the program is corrected it can lead to more money for every one. To many hands in the pot right now.

Old Post 04-03-2016 06:28 PM
OldRook
UKC Forum Member

Great discussion here gentlemen. UKC has the beginnings of a great program
Hope it's important enough to them to drive positive change.

My hound won 5 UKC casts last year and I got a check for $148. Not complaining. Won 3 casts in another registry and got paid $208. And qualified for SS and picked up an entry for one night at the world hunt for $75 because I nominated her

And seriously I believe I could sell her for $1-2K above a strictly performanced based hound comparable in abilities should I choose. My opinion so we know what that is worth. Lol

Good stuff!!

Old Post 04-03-2016 06:38 PM
OldRook is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OldRook Click here to Send OldRook a Private Message Find more posts by OldRook Add OldRook to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

They can start by removing the
2 pt. cap. per event .

Old Post 04-03-2016 06:43 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Mullins

There are 735 sires currently paid up. I'd love to know the number of pups that are currently eligible to earn points, I'm sure it is at least 10 times the number of sires. Go to the pups for sale boards and see how many are not PRP nominated. I don't know the number who think the program is garbage and worthless but I think it is safe to say their numbers are probably insignificant.

Old Post 04-03-2016 07:03 PM
Jason Mullins
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
There are 735 sires currently paid up. I'd love to know the number of pups that are currently eligible to earn points, I'm sure it is at least 10 times the number of sires. Go to the pups for sale boards and see how many are not PRP nominated. I don't know the number who think the program is garbage and worthless but I think it is safe to say their numbers are probably insignificant.

With todays pathetic turnout at hunts and shows i think the performance program could be a way to encourage people to come to the events, however with point values how they are currently, how many guys are not attending events anymore, compared to when point values were alot higher like back in 05-06 a point was worth a few hundred dollars it was nothing to see 20-25 dogs at a hunt, im not saying the performance program is the only reason hunt draws are down i just feel if it was more valuable to the hunters there would be better attendance jmo

Old Post 04-03-2016 07:54 PM
Jason Mullins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Mullins Click here to Send Jason Mullins a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Mullins Find more posts by Jason Mullins Add Jason Mullins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote