UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Bellars Pac Man, and other hounds
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

Bellars Pac Man, and other hounds

What a great story on Russ Bellar, and his hounds......Thanks for this story........Now I have to womder what has happened to this line of dogs, and why they have become a line of the past. WHAT HAPPENED HERE ???? Did they become un-popular like a country song does after a while or was they ever all that great. My brother, and I owned a grand son of Pac-Man back in the late 80's out of Bluegrass Luther, and a Grand Daughter of Pac- Man .....What a coon treeing machine he was however he was bad after a deer until he was 2 years old, and he would go deep, and really was a tree dog......

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-30-2003 03:28 PM
John Vaught is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Vaught Click here to Send John Vaught a Private Message Click Here to Email John Vaught Find more posts by John Vaught Add John Vaught to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
poolecw
UKC Forum Member

wasen't he barred for cheating? That may have caused a decline in interest in his line of dogs.

Old Post 06-30-2003 03:40 PM
poolecw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for poolecw Click here to Send poolecw a Private Message Click Here to Email poolecw Visit poolecw's homepage! Find more posts by poolecw Add poolecw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WILD DOG
UKC Forum Member

i have a grand daughter to pac man and she is still doing well made night ch in app. 12 hunts but i didnt hunt her in them untill she was 5 1/2 years old

Old Post 06-30-2003 04:28 PM
WILD DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WILD DOG Click here to Send WILD DOG a Private Message Find more posts by WILD DOG Add WILD DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

I'm not so sure that the line has really declined. Bellar has never pushed his dogs as studs that much, and less so now than ever. If you're not advertising every month, people tend to think you've gone away. He's won the UKC Treeing Walker Breeders & Fanciers Futurity the last 2 years. Bellars Ann has won a ton in the past few years. I'm not sure what he's got right now, but I'll bet he has something that can win.....if he decides he wants to. He may just be too wrapped up in the deer business to care much.

Old Post 06-30-2003 05:32 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

That line is still going and still winning. They just aren't being pushed in the big hunts. Bellar doesn't take out full page color adds in the magazines and that's prolly why you don't see much of them. The best pups I've ever hunted with and the best I've seen this year are all from Bellars line of hounds. Pyscho is just as awlsome right now as he was 5 years ago and produceing some great pups.

Old Post 06-30-2003 05:33 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

I owned a son of Pac-Man back in the late eighties, and he could tree coon like they were going out of style. He also liked fast game, but I got him pretty well broke.

Sadly enough, he took early retirement because he got mean on the tree...

The dog had a good mouth, a world of speed and drive, and was a tree dog deluxe. But he got ill.

Old Post 06-30-2003 05:54 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

I drew out with Saigon at English Days one year. The dog was a "me too" ill dog and the people who handled him and the judge should be on the cheater's list.

Old Post 06-30-2003 09:17 PM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cole M. Vanover
UKC Forum Member

I have a grandson to Pac-man at the house and he is one of the most accurate coondogs we have on the place. He has never been in a hunt but would have done good in them given the oppurtunity. He is 12 years old now and we have bred him 2 times and he has thrown coondogs. Most of the dogs we have here have Pac-man in their blood except for 2. We have always liked the Pac-man style of dogs. People can get on here and say all they want about ac-man not being a coondog or a good reproducer, but he has thrown 3 world champions, won 2 world hunts, world hunt finals 4 times, and placed in the top twenty of 11 world hunts. And Handsome Harry which is out of Pac-man was only bred 5 times and he produced 5 Gold Champions and a total of 37 pups have won 120,000 dollars. So boys don't tell me this dog had that much luck he was definitly a coondog and one of the best and one hell of a reproducer.

Old Post 06-30-2003 10:07 PM
Cole M. Vanover is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cole M. Vanover Click here to Send Cole M. Vanover a Private Message Click Here to Email Cole M. Vanover Find more posts by Cole M. Vanover Add Cole M. Vanover to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

let me tell you something about saigon mr.redtick
the only reason he does not have a world champion title is the fact that he would not stay hooked with a rough dog.i have hunted with him many nites and the way you describe him makes me think that you were so outclassed and embarrassed when you drew him that you resorted to your ussual whining and crying to try to save face.
you are entitled to your opinion of a dog and so am i.i have hunted with your high powered stud dog on several occasions when he was being nite hunted here in northern indiana and i dont think you want me to tell all these readers what i saw.
i will say this.i beleive you must be the most jealous person on the face of the earth in order to be able to feed what you do and come in here and slam a dog that is way way out of your league.

Old Post 06-30-2003 10:29 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiverRat
UKC Forum Member

Good Time to ask...

I remember a very young Gr.Nt. named Snac-Pac who was out of Pac-man in the 80's. The story on how Snac-Pac disappeared is of much debate. His life ended at a very young age. Who remembers this dog? Also, I began coonhunting with a friend of mine in Indiana with the Bellar Strain of Walkers. They turned me on to coonhunting but, needless to say, today I hunt blueticks. The female they had was out of Snac-Pac and Gr.Nt. Trumbo's Lady. Her name was Nt.Ch. Trumbo's Diamond Lady and she was quite the coonhound with speed on both ends. If anyone has walkers with any of these dogs in their pedigree, please respond.

Old Post 06-30-2003 10:44 PM
RiverRat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiverRat Click here to Send RiverRat a Private Message Find more posts by RiverRat Add RiverRat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delo
New UKC Forum Member

i have a bitch from a cross with bellars pac-man II and comas clear creek molly she is 9 months and is fixen to be a great dog shes been my first coon dog and we are having some fun learning together if any one knows any thing about either of these dogs please post what you know.

Old Post 07-01-2003 01:07 AM
delo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delo Find more posts by delo Add delo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grubbs
UKC Forum Member

Not being negataive,critical or anything. I really am not familiar w/ Mr. Bellars "line " of hounds. I do not hunt walkers. Was PACMAN produced by a "line" of dogs that Mr. Bellar bred for several generations OR an acqisition. Maybe so, I don,t know, BUT we are using the term "line" very loosely in many instances. Acquiring a hound and making it famous does not constitute a "line".

This is a sincere inquiry.

Old Post 07-01-2003 03:57 AM
Grubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grubbs Find more posts by Grubbs Add Grubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEWAYNEWILLIAMS
UKC Forum Member

PAC MAN

WASNT PAC MAN OUT BELLARS STRICK? STRICK WAS OUT OF GANNS FINISHERS 2 FINISHERS 2 WAS OUT OF WC GANNS FINISHERS WHO WAS OUT OF FINLEY RIVER CHIEF. SO MORE OR LESS PAC MAN IS SHELTER SONNYS BOY BRED?

Old Post 07-01-2003 06:09 AM
DEWAYNEWILLIAMS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEWAYNEWILLIAMS Click here to Send DEWAYNEWILLIAMS a Private Message Click Here to Email DEWAYNEWILLIAMS Find more posts by DEWAYNEWILLIAMS Add DEWAYNEWILLIAMS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

What I consider "Bellars line of dogs" begins with Pac Man and goes up to Ajax. When he decides to start breeding some females to Ajax we got one that will be at the front of the line.

Old Post 07-01-2003 03:40 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

Elvis, I am not even sure the dog I hunted with was the real Saigon, the fellow hunting him had "Bo knows" all over his dog box and kept calling the dog that was supposed to be Saigon, Bo. We are talking about a fellow that was wearing a Hell's Angels jacket at the club before the hunt. He smelled like a Hells Angel. I didn't go to a coon hunt to be around people like that. There were 2 English dogs that were unfairly scratched on the cast (not mine) and the handler and judge's whole plan was to get rid of any honest person so they could post another 1500 point score with just 2 witnesses. The dog had only around 300 me too points when there was witnesses and less than a hour to go. He was in a fight at every tree that he was on and the judge always got rid of the other dog and wouldn't let anyone else go into the tree. My dog had made split trees with the other 2 dogs and they were not ill when treeing with my dog. It is not a dog power issue, it is a cheating issue. If Russ Beller thinks having a Hells Angel handle his dog is the way to go, that is his problem. I would not have someone like that handle my dog. I am not jealous of people like that.

Old Post 07-01-2003 06:28 PM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Redtic, I mean no offense by this post. I only want to make you think about this situation a little bit.

If you don't know the dog in question was Saigon(which is what you said in the last post) then WHY EVEN BRING IT UP?

If the man handleing the dog was as bad as you say he was then do you think he was above lieing about who the dog was? Maybe he was trying to intimidate you. You said yourself he called the dog Bo all night.

Do you think it's possible that maybe Russ didn't have anything to do with this guy and that guy was just being a jerk on his own?

No line of dogs is perfect, not Bellars, not mine and NOT YOURS EITHER. However, I think it is in poor taste to slam a dog like that when you admitt yourself that you don't even know if it was him or not.

Elvis and I have had our differences in the past, especially before I knew how to take him. But there is one thing about it, no matter what Elvis has always shot me straight whether it be good, bad or indifferent. I will bet my last dollar that Elvis will be the first to tell you that Saigon was not perfect, but I will also bet my last dollar that if Elvis said he was a coondog then he was a COONDOG.

Telling it like you see it is one thing. It may get on someones toes, and folks may not like it but the truth is the truth. Telling stories about "I heard this" or "maybe that" is completely different. It seems that this is another case of "it could have been that dog" but you didn't tell us that in the first post, only after someone called your hand.

If you know something for a fact then fine, if you don't maybe it's better left unsaid untill you do. This board is put here for us to bash other hounds, it is here to ask legitimate questions and try to get some good information.

Now I will get off my soap box. I am sorry if I offended you, this post isn't meant that way. It's just one of my pet peeves when I see heresay and rumors propagated as fact.

Old Post 07-01-2003 06:51 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

Rip.........

I see you are from Johnson City......you don't know an ole boy named Henry Carmack from up there, do ya??....hunts Walkers.

Old Post 07-01-2003 06:58 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Sure do, drew him in a PKC hunt a while back. He had a nice dog out of Fletchers Stylish Jake. I don't know him personally other than that one night. We had a good hunt, wouldn't mind pleasure hunting with him sometime.

Old Post 07-01-2003 07:00 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grubbs
UKC Forum Member

How many generations of constant breeding constitute a "line"?
How many generations down from PACMAN to AJAX?

Old Post 07-01-2003 07:01 PM
Grubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grubbs Find more posts by Grubbs Add Grubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

If ya see him again,

please tell 'im John Seginak from Comer, Georgia, says hi......................Henrys a good man, and usually hunts a good, well trained hound...........and honest. PS-great web page, Rip!!

Old Post 07-01-2003 07:02 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grubbs
UKC Forum Member

How many generations of constant breeding constitute a "line"?

How many generations down from PACMAN is AJAX?

Old Post 07-01-2003 07:05 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Will do, I may try and get ahold of him for a pleasure hunt. Thanks for the compliments on the site, I haven't updated it in a while but I hope to soon.

Old Post 07-01-2003 07:09 PM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

grubbs
bellars ajax is out of bellars psycho who is out of bellars saigon who is out of bellars handsome harry who was out of bellars pacman who was out of bellars striker.
if you want to know more,i can tell you how bellars shep is also line bred into this mix.
russ keeps line breeding aunts to nephews ect ect. as he has for the last 20 yrs or so.if this does not give him the right to consider this his line,please inform us what does.

Old Post 07-01-2003 09:19 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris bass
New UKC Forum Member

EVERY DOG i OWN IS FROM BELLARS STUFF AND I JUST BOOKED ANOTHER PUP OUT UF PSYCHO. IT IS AMAZING WHAT SOME PEOPLE WILL WRITE BECAUSE THEY CANT ACCEPT GETTIN BEAT BY ONE OF BELLARS HIGH POWERED DOGS. ANYBODY THAT WINS 13 WORLD TITLES ISNT HUNTING A PIECE OF S====.HE IS HUNTING THE BEST OF THE BEST AND THE MEN COMPLAINING ABOUT ILL DOGS ARE JUST LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE .HUNT WITH ONE OF HIS PUPS AND YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND.

WHATS UP ELVIS

Old Post 07-01-2003 09:31 PM
chris bass is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chris bass Click here to Send chris bass a Private Message Click Here to Email chris bass Find more posts by chris bass Add chris bass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Who is Saigon's mother....how's she bred? Who is Psycho's mother? Who is Ajax's mother? How old is Ajax now? How old is Psycho now?

Sorry for the line of questions.

Elvis....what are the line's strong points?

Old Post 07-01-2003 09:53 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote