UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > An old Man
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

An old Man

Well I am an old man at 63.5...but the old man I am talking about turned 89 yesterday... I dropped in on him and a friend of his to see a few kemmer curs while passing through the outskirts of San Antonio, Texas...h mentioned walker hounds and more specific treeing walker hounds and not running Walker’s...said he likes the all around capabilities of the kemmer cur but loves a good treeing walker...he doesn’t care it trees coons, cats, or ringtail cats or whatever...he just likes a loud mouthed treeing walker...as I was leaving he asked me to be on the lookout for a pup or young dog... I said I would...

If anyone in his area has an extra pup please let me know ...probably a pleasure type dog on account he is up there in age...lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2019 04:05 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texcooner
UKC Forum Member

Where does the man with the Kemmers live? Does he hunt his dogs on coon? I'd like to see one in action. I've never been to the woods with a trained Kemmer. I live about thirty miles southwest of San Antinio

Old Post 04-20-2019 08:17 PM
Texcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texcooner Click here to Send Texcooner a Private Message Click Here to Email Texcooner Find more posts by Texcooner Add Texcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

His are hog dogs...a young man hunts his dogs...
He lives and a nice ranch off hiway 90 west past loop 410 about a mile...the ranch is beautiful and worth a ton of money...San Antonio has grown around him...some of my best dogs came from that ranch many years ago...

Old Post 04-21-2019 02:26 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texcooner
UKC Forum Member

Is the man's last name Zeller or Zoeller? About thirty years ago I went to a mans house on hwy 90 to look at some mountain curs . Didn't get one but he had a bunch of them.i don't think he hunted much. He might have had somebody hunting them for him

Old Post 04-21-2019 03:25 AM
Texcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texcooner Click here to Send Texcooner a Private Message Click Here to Email Texcooner Find more posts by Texcooner Add Texcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

That is the place he passed away many years ago...he raised mt curs and thoroughbred horse...mrs. Zoeller is about 91 years old...the ranch hand is a lucky guy...he also hunted the dogs...lol

Mr. zoeller hand some really good dogs at one time...there was another man named Mr. HB White who lived off About 25 miles from there... I believe a small town named atascosita or Something like that...Mr. white probably passed on 20 or 30 years ago or longer...both these guys had some good dogs...mr white hunted and bred Texas Smoke blood only...

Old Post 04-21-2019 11:45 AM
Texcooner
UKC Forum Member

When you said hwy 90 I knew it had to be the same guy . I was amazed to think he was still alive. I was a young man when I visited him and he was a lot older tha me. I'm not a young man anymore. I turned 66 this past January. Mr White was from Atascosa. Not to far from me. He used to advertise in Full Cry magazine. I talked to him on the phone many years ago but I never made it out to see him. Small world I guess

Old Post 04-21-2019 05:39 PM