UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 75 76 [77]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

I have been down for a month or so with upper respertory infection probably the last thing i neede to do tonight wwas get out in the night air, but its hard to leave these young dogs in the pen, so I took lake out alone. He struck the first track. It was a bad track to start with. I guess with all the mud and water in that slough itfinally played out on him and he came out. We went on down the swamp and he struck another one. It wasnt a great track either, but he stayed with it. He moved it on in another 250 yards and locked up treed. I made my way in to him and he was treed up a medium sized oak that went up into a larger oak and this is the tre that i found the coon in. I knocked this one out to him and Lake finished him. We made our way back o the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-10-2022 06:14 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Hope you get to feeling better! Glad Lake is doing a nice job. His half brother won the Swampland Jamboree PKC hunt in Georgia last weekend.

King of Hunt BBCHA, Robinson, IL
High Scoring Dog Friday BBCHA FALL ROUNDUP
1st Place Champion BBCHA, Robinson, IL
8th Place 2022 Fall Roundup
King of Hunt BBCHA Utchman Memorial
1st Place Champion BBCHA Fall Classic
1st Place Champion BBOA Zone One
King of Hunt BBCHA Vaughn Memorial
2nd place Champion 2021 BBCHA Fall Roundup
8th place 2022 BBCHA Fall Roundup

Old Post 12-13-2022 03:38 AM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Jay I'm begiinning to get back in the woods a little more regular now, Lake is doing a good job, now if this weather will calm down some. Its doing an alful lot of raining with tornadoes in the area tonight. Pearl river is already running full, so I, looking for it to be out of its banks for the next month. These young dogs need hunting every night.

Old Post 01-04-2023 12:48 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Jack. This weather sure ain't making it easy on hunters of a certain age. I have 2 out of Big Country that are doing good. Man, do those two have some fire. I wish I had had them 40 years ago.

Old Post 01-04-2023 02:56 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Tad Walters and "PR" Mlsty River Ramblin Blue Ruby On their win tonight at the U.K.C. Slam hunt in Meadville, Ms. Where Ruby was high Scoring dog of the hunt.

Old Post 01-08-2023 07:56 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Great job Tad and Ruby.

Old Post 01-13-2023 03:51 PM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Great job Tad and Ruby.

Old Post 01-13-2023 03:52 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Jeremy Purvis and Gr. Nite Ch, Misty River Shadows Blue Pearl on their win last night at the ukc World Qulifying hunt in Benndale, Ms.

Old Post 01-15-2023 06:01 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations! Ya'll are on a roll!

Old Post 01-15-2023 03:45 PM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations! Ya'll are on a roll!

Old Post 01-15-2023 03:45 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Old Post 01-16-2023 03:21 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

He made a nice looking hound, Mr. Jack. Hope ya'll tree a bunch.

Old Post 01-20-2023 05:45 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Had Lake out alone again tonight. The first two Trees he made I didnt see a coon, they were both hugh oak trees and they could have both been there, but I could not get them to look, the third one finally looked at me. We went on down the swamp aways and I droped him off on the side of the old woods road close to about a 10 year old cutover and he didnt go far before he struck a cold track and started to work on it. He made a circle through the cutover the track started getting better as he moved it on into the swamp. It has been raining a lot lately and there is a lot of water in there. He moved the track on in toward the river. I knew those slews were full and he was in a lot of water. I decided to go around on another road and get closer to him. When I got close enough to see him. he was out in a slew and swimming. Ther were trees that had blown down in the slew. Lake swam up to one of these and I guess the coon had gotten on the downed tree as Lake climbed up on it and walked the tree back to the bank and started trailing again. He went on up the slough and on into the swamp another 300 yards and locked up treed. I made my way around the slough, and walked into him.He ws treed up a medium sized oak with a lot of vines in it. As I looked I could see that the tree next to it had some limbs and vines going over into it and it had a big hollow limb, so I guess he made it home.

Old Post 01-20-2023 06:07 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Joey Walters and "PR" Misty River Ramblin Blue Ruby on their cast win last night at the UKC Winter Classic in Batesville, Ms. and sixth place over all

Last edited by Misty river on 02-12-2023 at 03:59 PM

Old Post 02-12-2023 02:20 PM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations on Ruby's win! I got Bell bred yesterday, hoping for another litter of Misty River pups.

Old Post 02-17-2023 12:34 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

LUKE AND BELL

Jay if Luke and Bell's pups turn out anywhere close to what Luke and Sheba pups did we will all be happy.

Old Post 03-09-2023 04:21 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Ch.Nite Ch.Pr.Misty River Blue Sheba and "PR"Misty River Blue Daisey

I hunted Sheba and Daisey [mother and daughter] on Pearl River tonight, They both looked like they should. They both struck seperate and Sheba made the first Tree and the meat was there. after I went to Sheba and looked at her coon. I listened and put the tracker on Daisey. She was 750 yards deeper in. I went back to the 4-wheeeler which was about 300 yards from where Sheba was treed. i came out a ways from the river and put the Tracker on Daisey again and she was a littlee over .9miles.I came on to the house and put Sheba up and checked the tracker again and Daisey was still .7miles away. I left the house and went back to the river another direction and gradually got closer to Daisey, She was in a bad spot. by the time I got to her she had been treed a little over 2 hours and she also had the coon. I loaded Daisey up and we called it a night.Daisey is owned by Mr. Tad Walters.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-09-2023 at 04:53 AM

Old Post 03-09-2023 04:48 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like she is a go getter, Mr. Jack. Glad you are having some good hunts, it's been pretty tough up here.

Old Post 03-10-2023 02:42 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

I hunted Lake alone last nite. The first track he was moving pretty good and then he got into net wire where someone ha built a goat pen several years ago, he was still trying to push the track, but he couldnt do anything with all that net wire. I fimally went in there and caught him, We loaded up and went to another spot, he went in about 3oo yards , never did open on track. Just loaded up treed. I walked in to him and when i hit the squalller th coon looked at me, We decided to leave him to run again and called it a night

Old Post 03-19-2023 02:35 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Had lake out alone again night before last night, He went in about 200 yards and struck a bad track and started moving it out of there into some rough country and some big sloughs and on in through some about 20 year old planted pines and on in through some big sloughs i followed him and he was keeping that old coon on the move, He moved into a big branch that crosses the road about a half mile below my house and when the river floods it really gets a lot of water in there I had to go in close to the river and come back up to get up in there where he was at and I had just got up in ther close to him when I heard thaat unmistakable locate, I had to leave the 4wheeler and walk on in to him, He was treed in a hugh oak beside the branch on the side of a bluff, there was a lot of leaves and limbs and I squalled , but I never could get him to look, I leashed up Lake and we made our way back to the 4wheeler and called it a night. I would have loveed to hunted tonight, but there are storms in the area tonight.

Old Post 03-25-2023 02:28 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like he is making a keeper, Mr. Jack. He has a lot of brothers and sisters making good ones also! And hopefully some more on the way!

Old Post 03-29-2023 03:52 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Took LAKE OUT alone again tonight, He went in about 260 yards t0ward a big slough and struck and went on in another 100 yards and treed. i went in as close as possible on the 4-wheeler and walked on in. He was treed up a small tree that went up about 15 foot and leaned into some larger trees. I found the coon out in one of these larger trees.The guy that owns these woods was gonin to shoot the coon out and shot the limb into underneath the coon so out came the coon. he hit the ground runnin. headed toward the big slough with Lake close on his heels.
the coon went down the slough 200 yards and crossed the slough and headed back dowm and crossed the slough back to the other side. We decided we would go around on that side of the slough We had to go to the river to get around on that side. When we got there Lake and the coon had crossed back to the other side. We decided to wait this time and it wasnt long till they came back across that slough. After Lake had crossed the slough and had gotten within aboutn 100 yards of me He gave that locate of his and I knew that it was the end of the trail. We walked in to him and he was treed up a large oak. I found him pretty quick and the land owner made a better shot this time and out he came. We loaded Lake up and called it a night.

Old Post 04-04-2023 05:33 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Loaded Lake up last night and traveled over to Monticello and hunted with Greg McGuffee. Lake got on an old rnning coon and really pushed him thru those hills and hollows for about 45 minutes.Those hollows wasnt to bad, but those hills were cut overs. but Lake kept pushing him and then from the bottom of one of those hollows came Lakes unmiistakable locate and I knew that it was the end of the trail for that coon. We had to leave the 4-wheelers out on one of the hills and walk in to him. He was trees up a big oak with several other big trees around and thick. We didnt find the coon ,but I'm sure he was there. We leashed Lake up and made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night, but we will be back to run him again.

Old Post 04-23-2023 05:39 PM
K Slim
UKC Forum Member

Mr.Jack , Brian Sweigart wanted me to let you know his female out of Sheba and Smoke is now a Dual ch as of a week ago .

Last edited by K Slim on 05-09-2023 at 01:52 PM

Old Post 05-09-2023 01:44 PM
K Slim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K Slim Click here to Send K Slim a Private Message Click Here to Email K Slim Find more posts by K Slim Add K Slim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Joey Walters and Misty River Blue Sadie on their cast win tonight. Thank you Slim for informingme of Mr,Brian Swiegart female out of Smoke finishing out to Dual Ch.

Old Post 05-20-2023 05:41 AM