UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Big Country Blueticks
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Big Country Blueticks

Donny Walston and Chris Powell have teamed up to promote a couple of Blueticks that we are pretty proud of. Donny raised Walstons Blue Big Country from a pup. We call him Bimbo. He is out of top bred hounds. He is direct son of Bocephus. Mr Robert Shelton bred his bitch Shelton's Cotton Oxy to produce the litter Bimbo came from.

Bimbo is 72 lbs if heart and desire. He comes out if the box on the last drop the same as the first. Donny and I have tried to wear him out. It doesn't stay dark long enough. He has a huge mouth and a locate that will leave an impression on the hard to please.
We will use this thread to keep you updated on our hunts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2016 09:28 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Nite CH Litsagrit Wild N Blue Jazz

Jazz has won the last 5 casts-3 UKC and 2 PKC. Jazz has achieved her Nite Champ in 3 UKC casts with 2 first place wins and a 2nd. She scored 1,625+ with 0 minus and 0 circle. With her 2 PKC cast wins she has scored 2300 in five cast without a minus point.
There, I have jynxed us and my brag post is over. Thanks for putting up with me.

Last edited by Rowdy on 07-21-2016 at 10:06 PM

Old Post 07-21-2016 09:47 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Bimbo has big motor to match that big mouth. It seems to be a family tradition among these Bocephus pups. Steve Bankstons Bo has a big motor and mouth to match as well as the Casey Bigelows Zero dog. This is an exciting line of dogs that are fun to hunt.

Old Post 07-21-2016 10:02 PM
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

CHRIS AND I ARE VERY EXCITED FOR WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR THESE TWO HOUNDS. TEAMING UP WITH CHRIS WAS A VERY EASY DECISION FOR ME TO MAKE, FOR THE FACT THAT WE ARE LIKE MINDED WHEN IT COMES TO OUR EXPECTATIONS OF A COONHOUND. MEDIOCRE ABILITY IS NOT SOMETHING WE ARE WILLING TO LIVE WITH. WE BOTH LIKE THESE DOGS AS GOOD AS ANYTHING WE HAVE OWNED OR HUNTED WITH. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME FUN!

BIMBO IS THE CLOSEST THING TO A TOTAL PACKAGE FROM TAILGATE TO TREE THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED. HE POSSESSES ALL THE TRAITS THAT I REQUIRE IN A HOUND AND IS A PURE PLEASURE TO HUNT. THE FEW TIMES WE HAVE HAD HIM OUT IN PUBLIC WE RECEIVED A LOT OF COMPLIMENTS. HE WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION DURING THE DAY AND AT NIGHT.

IF YOU FOLLOWED CHRIS'S THREAD ON JAZZ FROM WHEN SHE WAS A PUP TO PRESENT TIME, YOU UNDERSTAND WHY WE ENJOY HER SO MUCH. I'M 35 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH COONHUNTING SINCE I COULD KEEP UP WALKING, AND JAZZ IS THE NICEST 1 YEAR OLD I'VE PERSONALLY BEEN TO THE WOODS WITH. CONFIDENT, ACCURATE, QUICK-LOCATING TREE DOG ARE A FEW WORDS I WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE HER. SHE HAS WON HER CAST A VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE OF THE TIME AND IS JUST GETTING STARTED.

NEITHER OF THESE DOGS ARE PERFECT AND DO NOT WALK ON WATER, BUT WE SURE DON'T MIND BUYING PRO PLAN FOR THEM. COME GO HUNTING WITH US SOMETIME!

Old Post 07-22-2016 04:58 PM
DWALSTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DWALSTON Click here to Send DWALSTON a Private Message Click Here to Email DWALSTON Find more posts by DWALSTON Add DWALSTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BIMBO and JAZZ

Congrats on teaming up! Yaw have two fine hounds and I enjoyed hunting with both of them. These two hounds are everything Chris and Donnie say they are and couldn't be owned by any better men. Honesty and Class all the Way, The Hounds and the Men. Good Luck with them, yaw will do Well, Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-22-2016 11:29 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Great Weekend For Big Country Blues

Probably not the smartest thing in the world and if somebody wanted us to work we would have immediately said "don't you think it's too hot?" But Donny and I, loaded up as our wives looked at us like we were crazy and headed to the RQE in Bryant, IN at the Limberlost Club.

As we passed through downtown Brookville on our 3 hour trip North the sign on the bank read 100 degrees even. I had soaked the Jazz and Bimbo down good before I put them in the box but that was an hour ago. I needed to stop for fuel and we bought two bags of ice and put one in with each dog. Blueticks on Ice probably won't be the title of a Disney Ice Skating show or an horderve at a fancy restaurant any time soon but I sure keeps them cool.

There were 28 dogs entered to make a run at qualifying. I looked around the parking lot and saw quite a few blue dogs. I joked with Donny and said you tell it was late in the season because the Blueticks were still trying to get qualified.

When we went to the woods at 10:30 my weather app showed 88. Humidity was high in sharp contrast to my level of intelligence. Donny went north to Decatur and I was hunting local. Temps in the cornfields had to be close to or 100+. The heat affected the dogs but Donny and I both packed water and were ready to pull the plug and withdraw if we needed to.

Jazz took control of our cast early. She split with a coon and had a 1/1. The other dogs circled up. One dog was scratched for fighting. Band the rest circled up. In the heat I was trying to play good defense. The other dogs took some minus and Jazz scored on another coon. One of the dogs treed a grinner. With 30 minutes left I had more than a 1 coon lead. Last drop I took a 1'strike and waited for 2 tree and we found the coon.

At the end of the hunt Jazz had 325+. Good enough for a qualification and her 1 st NC win.

Donny came rolling in to the clubhouse and I saw he was holding the card. We had done it. Travelled over 3 hours and both won our casts to qualify for the world. This win would also finish Bimbo to Nite Champion Walstons Blue Big Country. My longtime Plott Buddies nicknamed us the "Two Blue Wrecking Crew". Kinda has a ring to it.

The drive home was rough. Even after the wins the 3.5 hour drive was a challenge. We made it in as the sun was not quite breaking the horizon but the birds were telling us it was coming.

Last edited by Rowdy on 07-24-2016 at 06:26 PM

Old Post 07-24-2016 05:25 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

WOW!

That is a really good night. Congratulations to the 4 of you!

Old Post 07-24-2016 05:41 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Good job! Congratulations on getting them qualified

Old Post 07-24-2016 06:16 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

CONGRATS

Congrats Chris and Donnie! Glad yaw braved the Hot weather and gave the Hounds a chance to do their thing. Proud for Yaw!

Old Post 07-24-2016 06:53 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Another set of wins for the books, good luck at the zones.

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 07-24-2016 07:08 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

congradulations!

well done

Old Post 07-24-2016 07:34 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!

Very Nice!

Best of luck at the Zone Semi-Finals!

Keep it rolling!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 07-24-2016 11:27 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Thanks everyone.

I wasn't sure if anyone would want to read this stuff or not Lol!

We have had inquiries about Bimbo and stud plans. Donny and I talked and are not real interested in a "public" stud dog right now. If there was an exceptional female that was to be bred we would consider something.

We are in this for fun. We really would like to network with other Bocephus/Rambo II enthusiasts and make a splash.

Thanks for reading our stories.

Old Post 07-25-2016 02:50 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

wins

Chris and Donnie
congrats to you and Donnie on your wins. good luck in the up coming events. take care Dave

Old Post 07-26-2016 12:45 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE KIND WORDS. LAST WEEKEND WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE SMARTEST THING I'VE DONE RECENTLY BUT IT ENDED UP PAYING OFF. DESPITE THE LESS THAN IDEAL CONDITIONS BIMBO DID WHAT HE NEEDED TO DO TO SECURE A CAST WIN AND FINISH TO NITE CHAMPION AND GET QUALIFIED. TIME TO START GETTING READY AND PREPARED FOR THE ZONES. I JUST HOPE I'LL BE ABLE TO HANDLE HIM WHEN THE TIME COMES. MY WIFE IS DUE WITH OUR THIRD CHILD RIGHT AROUND THE SAME TIME.

CAME ACROSS A VIDEO THAT I THOUGHT I'D POST THAT WAS RECORDED WHEN BIMBO WOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT 13-14 MONTHS OLD. JUST TO GIVE AN IDEA OF WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE. ITS HIM STRIKING A TRACK, LOCATING, AND TREEING. HOPEFULLY PHOTOBUCKET COOPERATES.

Old Post 07-30-2016 03:20 AM
DWALSTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DWALSTON Click here to Send DWALSTON a Private Message Click Here to Email DWALSTON Find more posts by DWALSTON Add DWALSTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Donnie/Rowdy

Congrats on wins & good luck down the road. No luck watching video, photobucket don't work worth a crap anymore. Take care, Ron

Old Post 07-30-2016 05:12 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Facebook Link

To watch videos and see pictures join us and follow us on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272158746484462/

Old Post 07-30-2016 03:38 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Sorry

Don't do that either. Too old & technology challenged!!!! From what i've been told, there is even more BS on there sometimes than is on here. Take care, Ron.

ps- I'll just take your word on it that he can sound good on tree.

Old Post 07-31-2016 03:34 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bimbo.....

quote:
Originally posted by DWALSTON
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE KIND WORDS. LAST WEEKEND WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE SMARTEST THING I'VE DONE RECENTLY BUT IT ENDED UP PAYING OFF. DESPITE THE LESS THAN IDEAL CONDITIONS BIMBO DID WHAT HE NEEDED TO DO TO SECURE A CAST WIN AND FINISH TO NITE CHAMPION AND GET QUALIFIED. TIME TO START GETTING READY AND PREPARED FOR THE ZONES. I JUST HOPE I'LL BE ABLE TO HANDLE HIM WHEN THE TIME COMES. MY WIFE IS DUE WITH OUR THIRD CHILD RIGHT AROUND THE SAME TIME.

CAME ACROSS A VIDEO THAT I THOUGHT I'D POST THAT WAS RECORDED WHEN BIMBO WOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT 13-14 MONTHS OLD. JUST TO GIVE AN IDEA OF WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE. ITS HIM STRIKING A TRACK, LOCATING, AND TREEING. HOPEFULLY PHOTOBUCKET COOPERATES.

Worked fine for me, and man that dude sounds great, what a mouth...!!!

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 08-01-2016 01:22 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

2016 Grand Reunion

Saturday 1st lace registered High scoring Dog
Nite CH Lotsagrit Wild N Blue Jazz

Old Post 08-09-2016 05:05 AM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Planned cross

All right sports fans, Jazz is in heat right now. If we crossed her on Bimbo who wants one? They would be born around the 1st of Nov making them perfect Fall Super Stakes pups. If there is interest, I'll book six. We are keeping 6 and at least one is headed to Tennessee.

You can check out Jazz and Bimbo on out Big Country Blueticks group page.

Old Post 08-26-2016 11:38 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Planned cross

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy
All right sports fans, Jazz is in heat right now. If we crossed her on Bimbo who wants one? They would be born around the 1st of Nov making them perfect Fall Super Stakes pups. If there is interest, I'll book six. We are keeping 6 and at least one is headed to Tennessee.

You can check out Jazz and Bimbo on out Big Country Blueticks group page.

Best of luck to you and Donnie if you make this cross! I don't know anything about either of the hounds, but from what I've learned about you following your thread on your Jazz female, I'm betting there are similar positive traits matching up as well as complimentarv traits. Most importantly, a coon treer is being bred to a coon treer!

Those dang pups are a lot of work, but the possibility of coming away with that "special one" is the motivating force that will make a feller keep on truck'in!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 08-27-2016 01:34 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

The crew

Old Post 11-28-2016 03:08 AM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

One male pup remains

Bob Moffett will have a dog hauler picking up his pup on Monday evening. The route will go from the west side on Cincinnati up to the Erie Pennsylvania area. Make me a reasonable offer on this pup and we can get him a ride with "Little Bob.
Text 812-584-7402 for pictures and info.

Old Post 12-11-2016 01:21 PM
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

Still have a very nice male pup available from Bimbo and Jazz. This is a choice pup that has been well taken care of and acts great. Ready for a new home.

Despite the freezing rain, spitting snow, and temperatures dropping in the mid 20's I decided to cut Bimbo loose right from the house last night. I expected the coons would not be moving during this streak of bad weather, but I like making a hound work sometimes to get one on a limb. I was confident enough in Bimbo to get treed somewhere with a coon in under 10 minutes that I bet Chris everything in my wallet, knowing full well I only had 3 dollars. Chris reluctantly agreed knowing full well that with a new house and 3 young kids there was no way I was packing much of a back pocket. Bimbo hit the holler like he was late for work and I starting watching the yards click off on the Garmin as Chris was keeping an eye on the stopwatch. When it was all said and done Bimbo had covered a distance of 1.2 miles in southeastern Indiana hill country to get one treed. I lost the bet due to the fact it took him 16 minutes to get it done, but nevertheless was impressive. His average speed on the Garmin showed him moving at 5.8 mph.

I have no idea yet how this dog is going to reproduce but if your looking for a big motor, drive, heart, and guts this dog has enough for three. He is the most complete package I have ever owned in a hound all across the board. Quite possibly my true once in a lifetime hound that came around at the worst time in my life. If any of this interests you, and you have a nice coon treeing female your thinking about breeding get a hold of us. We will try and work with you the best we can to get it done. Thanks!

Old Post 12-14-2016 07:05 PM