UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cap Lights
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Cap Lights

Guys I appreciate the advice and suggestions for CAP LIGHTS on the thread that I posted last week. I seen it was headed south....it must have went POOF last night.

It sounds like I can't go wrong with many of them...like always it's taste and preference.

Maybe I'll look into getting a drone with lights on it and fly it around the tree. I bet coon would look at it when it flys by....then you could take their picture and have proof the coon was there. Just sayin.......

Plus it up Judge....I got his pic right here!

Thanks Hoosier.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-21-2018 11:57 AM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Drone.....

That Drone thing sounds like it might just work ?
We would like to see pictures....😆

One question though......
Will it be a China made Drone or one Made in the USA ?......😆😉😣

Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 05-21-2018 12:02 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

ROFLMAO

Tim,

YOU are a pot stirrer..... I LIKE IT !

Old Post 05-21-2018 12:03 PM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

If anyone wants to post a side by side comparison of a laser torch pro with color and a Sunspot Horizon, I will send it to you.

Old Post 05-21-2018 12:12 PM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

And I will send you one with my $85 eBay China made light with a coon in it not a barn.

Tar

Old Post 05-21-2018 12:29 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

I've seen that little Kohree light , as good as the torch, doesn't compare to the Horizon , Hd , Inferno or any boss light.

Old Post 05-21-2018 12:42 PM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

No sir it don't compare. But we used to find coons with a rayovac head with a motorcycle battery it's a whole lot better than that I got buddies with those high dollar lights I usually find the coon. Besides that if they are selling that light for $85 and making a profit!!! Well you know what I am thinking lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-21-2018 12:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Same Same

Tar,

TRUST me when I tell you. NOBODY knows what you are thinking... LOL

I used to find coon with an old wheat light...do I want another one for $100...no thanks.

Lights are no different than anything else. Some people want a $100 light and some want $350 light. Some people are happy with a $100 pup and some have to have the $1000 all grand/all world pedigree. You can have as much fun and success with the $100/light and $100/pup combo as you can with the high dollar outfits. Personal preference!

Personally I have to be careful buying a new light....it might be worth more than my hunting truck! ROFL

Old Post 05-21-2018 01:01 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I got to confess I bought that light because I got a bad neck didn't want to invest a bunch of money and not be able to wear it. Plus I was a welder most of my life and had a hard time getting used to the color of the led light. I am retired on a fixed income so I am going to have to wait on Santa for a new one lol. But when I buy one it will off Joey or Bruce I got a lot of respect for both.

Tar

Old Post 05-21-2018 01:16 PM
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

I will pledge $25 to the light for TAR fund, I'll send a check to Joey or Bruce. Retirement gift, Make it happen!!!

Old Post 05-21-2018 01:50 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Thanks for the thought but I already got two lights got the eBay light and my belt light that I can put my wheat head or my led head on. The kids are going to get me the new light for Christmas they think I don't know lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-21-2018 02:44 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cap Lights

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier

It sounds like I can't go wrong with many of them...like always it's taste and preference.

That's right. Two suggestions I'd make are decide if you want the switch on the front or the back and also if you want the bright white or off white. If your eyes are used to the bright white led color you may not want to switch. I thought mine was goin dead but apparently it's supposed to be that color.

That Boss light dimming down the last couple hours is a nice feature in my opinion esp if you hunt alone. There's no warning with the rest when they're dead they're dead you're in the dark with no warning.

I've never seen those ones from China but I hope I didn't just pay $320 for a light that I could bought from a Chinamen for $85 lol

Old Post 05-21-2018 03:28 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Donnie I think that's what the big tizz is about they went to those chimanies men to get parts for cheap now they are making their lights and selling them cheaper than they can won't be long they will be on tv buy this light for $19.95 get a second one free lol I know it ain't funny but they copy everything if you don't patent it. Kind of like a certain ear remedy I made it for a guy I got the original recipe he sold it to a guy that guy told me I can't make and sell it anymore hey there are 5 guys making it now 4 sale. One called me the other day said he lost the recipe I gave it to him kinda theirs is diluted a little bit lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-21-2018 03:40 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

You got the recipe for that Lipper semen too don't ya chef boy ar tar Lol. You better get a patent on it or first thing ya know the Chinamen will have a new secret sauce for their eggrolls lol

Old Post 05-21-2018 04:14 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Cap Lights

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
dimming down the last couple hours is a nice feature in my opinion esp if you hunt alone. There's no warning with the rest when they're dead they're dead you're in the dark with no warning.

Its a feature of using a 3.7v light. Leds are current driven so the more current you give them the brighter they get up to a curtain point. They only take so much voltage, depending on the led normally a touch over 3v. The 7.4v lights use more voltage and less current the driver converts the extra voltage. You have to have Voltage to push current, as the 3.7 starts to drain it cant keep up the current so it dims. When voltage gets down to around 3.2v it shuts off to protect the battery. A red led uses around 2.2 volts so it is the last to go out. The 7.4 cuts off at a higher voltage and still has enough voltage when it cuts off to drive the amount of current the light was designed for. So it has not dimmed very much when it shuts off. You can make a 3.7v that doesn't dim much with the right driver. There are several lights on the market that do both.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Last edited by joey on 05-21-2018 at 04:34 PM

Old Post 05-21-2018 04:31 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
You got the recipe for that Lipper semen too don't ya chef boy ar tar Lol. You better get a patent on it or first thing ya know the Chinamen will have a new secret sauce for their eggrolls lol

I wish I had a couple gallons of lipper seman boy I would have a huge retirement fund lol. I think it's time for red river ear remedy to make its daybuet its not patent I use to sell enough to pay my way to the big hunts lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-21-2018 04:42 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: Same Same

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier

Personally I have to be careful buying a new light....it might be worth more than my hunting truck! ROFL

TRUE STORY !!!!!!!!!!

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-21-2018 10:53 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote