UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Permethrin?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
D.Boyd
UKC Forum Member

Permethrin?

What percent do I buy and how to mix for spraying on dogs and my clothing?

Gr.NT.CH. PKC Platinum Ch. Thunder’s Wild Clyde Pkc Platinum Ch.Priceless Hank Gr.Nt. Pkc Platinum Ch.Clear Creek Chief. Gr.Nt.Pkc Platinum Ch. Cabin Creek Girly Gr Nt Pkc Platinum Ch.Big D’s Little Dee Gr Nt. Gold Ch. Nkc World Ch Tree Talking Hoss Gr Nt Pkc Gold Ch. Hardwood Money Gr Nt Ch.Boyd’s Forestwood Dan Gr Nt Pkc Silver Ch History Repeat’s Itself

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2018 12:03 AM
D.Boyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D.Boyd Click here to Send D.Boyd a Private Message Click Here to Email D.Boyd Find more posts by D.Boyd Add D.Boyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom anderson
UKC Forum Member

10 percent 28 oz of water 2 oz works good in Kansas

Old Post 06-13-2018 02:01 AM
Tom anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom anderson Click here to Send Tom anderson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom anderson Add Tom anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big boy
UKC Forum Member

Sawyers get at Walmart already mixed for clothing and dogs

Old Post 06-13-2018 02:01 AM
big boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big boy Click here to Send big boy a Private Message Click Here to Email big boy Find more posts by big boy Add big boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

Sawyer's is .05, so if you buy permethrin 10 mix it 19 parts water to 1 part permethrin. That is what is recommended for use on clothing and your dogs. As far as buying Sawyer's as opposed to mixing your own, an $8. bottle of permethrin from Tractor Supply, you would spend around$150. on Sawyer's to have the same amount.

Last edited by tntelkhntr on 06-13-2018 at 12:19 PM

Old Post 06-13-2018 12:12 PM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Tom

I like the sounds of Tom Anderson's post. Sounds simple enough that I can do it correctly! I'd like to add to this post a question. Are you guys spraying your dogs Every day or is a couple times a week enough?? How often is to often??

Old Post 06-13-2018 03:12 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How strong do I mix it to spray on myself? Will it keep the mosquitoes and ticks off me if I spray it on my arms and legs?

Old Post 06-13-2018 03:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
How strong do I mix it to spray on myself? Will it keep the mosquitoes and ticks off me if I spray it on my arms and legs?
j just make you a dip in a horse watering trough and swim in it before going hunting . lol

Old Post 06-13-2018 04:49 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

We spray our dogs to protect them. Why not protect ourselves?

Old Post 06-13-2018 05:11 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

Permethrin is pretty potent stuff, you should really try to mix it down to .05. Read the warnings on it. Sprayed on your clothes at that mixture will keep them able to repel ticks up to 6 months depending on how often you wash them. So I wouldn't overdue it on your dogs.

Old Post 06-13-2018 06:03 PM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

How often

Yeah I'd like to hear from more folks on how often they spray it on their dogs. I've heard guys say everytime they put their dogs in the woods they spray them. I feel like that's to much? But I don't know that's why I'm asking.

Old Post 06-13-2018 06:28 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom anderson
UKC Forum Member

I do not spray on dogs I spray on rag wipe it on dogs once a week but I use a pill every two months called or barvecto

Old Post 06-13-2018 06:38 PM
Tom anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom anderson Click here to Send Tom anderson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom anderson Add Tom anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Think I read where sunlight deteriorates Permethrin and I'm sure that water also washes it off so I do spray my dogs every time I hunt. Also use Simparica every month.

Old Post 06-13-2018 06:43 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Well since we have had 30 inches of rain in the last 45 days and dogs are in a lot over there back I would say it washes off now mine are on bravecto also so knock on wood haven't seen one in a few years and don't want to

Old Post 06-13-2018 10:56 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Well since we have had 30 inches of rain in the last 45 days and dogs are in a lot over there back I would say it washes off now mine are on bravecto also so knock on wood haven't seen one in a few years and don't want to

Old Post 06-13-2018 10:56 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

Good to see people are listening in here. haha

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 06-14-2018 04:02 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ahallada
Good to see people are listening in here. haha

I see that! There is no way I would spray a chemical that strong on my dogs every time I hunt them. This stuff could destroy their central nervous system, cause seizures, and ultimately kill your dog. If I was to spray my dog every time I take them out there are several natural sprays on the market that are safe for your dog that will repel ticks. Not saying that you can't use permethrin occasionally but it makes me cringe that anybody would spray that much on their valuable dogs.

Old Post 06-14-2018 12:24 PM